Still Having Cravings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charmed

Verified Member
Feb 4, 2010
Way down south USA
I made the switch on February 5. I took another member's advice and laid them down and didn't pick them back up. I had the jitters at first, but not so bad. On day four, I reached into my purse and pulled out an analog. I didn't even know they were in there, but it was just habit for me to smoke when I drive. I put it in my mouth and lit it without even realizing....and nearly choked. I have yet to toot my own horn here as someone said, but I guess that's what I'm doing now. Not everyone is as fortunate as I am, my mom still has to have the real deal with her morning coffee, after meals, etc. But I still applaud her progress, just as I am applauding yours. The effort alone says alot and even if you can't ever quit altogether...it's still better than the alternative. GOOD LUCK!!! :thumbs:

SlowsIsFast

ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Surprise, AZ
Thanks again for all the support guys. I made it through yesterday without a single analog and only had one Snus pouch. Today I have had no analogs no Snus very few cravings and had my PV stuck to my face pretty much all day while sitting in front of the computer doing school. So I think that I am making progress. :)

Last edited:

Dawna

Apr 3, 2010
Ohio
I tend to agree about avoiding the tobacco flavors. I didn't get my ecig entirely to quit smoking, more so I would smoke less, and not have to go outside to smoke all the time. I smoked 2 packs a day, sometimes more. I ordered a Volcano as my first, worked out fine, but I did find when the atty would get super hot I would get that scorched juice taste because I really was using it like a pacifier.

My first day I was truly so fascinated by the whole thing, and the different flavors I had, that I didn't bother smoking, because the flavors were so vastly different, and I was experimenting with them. I ordered high strength juice from johnsons creek, 2 mint flavors and a chocolate mint(i was a menthol smoker). The second day I still had not smoked, but I got in the car and picked up a cigg(I still have half a pack) outof habit. I gagged. Definitely tasted horrible in comparison to the smooth mint flavors I was vaping.

Then I messed up and ordered banana nut bread flavor and atomic cinnacide from Tasty Vapor. Now my johnsons creek flavors are bland and boring, and the idea of tobacco taste makes me gag. I'm off to see if I can find some lorAnns flavoring to kick them up a bit. :D

The point I'm trying to make(lol) is once you get attached to a super yummy flavor, and you feel like you are not only smoking, but smoking candy or desert, a regular ciggarette tastes absolutely vile in comparison. I'm 9 days in, and haven't smoked but 1 cig since I got e-cig. I'm now vaping with a Tornado(HUGE improvement on the volcano, but I still use both). The only time I get "cravings" is directly after a satisfying meal, and the craving is eased just as well with my ecig, the desire for a regular cig is entirely psychological(imo). GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!

mini_art

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2010
Florida USA
Oddly enough I have gone 2 months without an analog and the other day out of the blue I just wanted one.

Well I had a carto with a tobacco flavor in it that was a sample sent with my last order. I decided to try it.

Yes it does taste like tobacco, funny thing is , I no longer like the flavor and almost immediately put it down.

That alone solved my problem with wanting a analog LOL.

My coffee flavored carto tastes soo much better !

Everyone body adjusts differently to quitting.....One analog per day is not bad at all....So in my opinion you are doing GREAT:)

Ditto to what Red said. :) 1 a day compared to 1 pack a day is a huge improvement health-wise. For some, it takes a little time to drop the analogues all together. For some, the first time they Vape, they never pick up another analogue again. Funnily enough...you don't hear of that many people who try Vaping and then go back to the analogues full time (unless they are forced....governments take note. You're killing us here!).

Experiment a little until you find your Groove. :D Each Coffin Nail you don't smoke is a win, whichever way you look at it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread