Still Having Cravings

Status
Not open for further replies.

yanks21

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2010
New York
Just got back from the store and picked up two tins of Camel Snus its not all that bad (it is a little sweet.) I bought one regular and one mint. I have only tried the regular. It seems to help with the cravings. I do have a question tho. Once I get past the worst of these cigarette cravings am I going to have this PV attached to my face all the time like it is now? I am vaping 24mg nicotine like all day long and am afraid that I might be making myself more addicted to the nicotine. There must be something else in the cigarette tobacco that is addicting besides just the nicotine.

There was a report out of NZ that basically said it takes 15 puffs from an e-cig to equal one puff of a regular cigarette so even if it is attached to your face all day for a long while I think you'll be okay. ;)

SlowsIsFast

ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Surprise, AZ
There was a report out of NZ that basically said it takes 15 puffs from an e-cig to equal one puff of a regular cigarette so even if it is attached to your face all day for a long while I think you'll be okay. ;)
Thanks thats a relief because I have been on the web trying to find stronger juice, puffing on my 510, running to the store to get Snus and the whole time all I can think about is MARLBORO REDS:evil:

SlowsIsFast

ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Surprise, AZ
I've been vaping now for 2 days and have also kept smoking. I used to be a 1/2 to 3/4 pack a day smoker. I'm down to 4 or 5 smokes a day. Once my juice order from Viking Vapors gets in I hope to cut down a lot on the smokes. I wish I was down to one a day. Congratz to you!
Thanks. Its not easy, but you can do it. I went to the store and bought some of that Camel Snus as some of the others recommended and it has helped. Maybe you should look into it as well.;-)

Sammie

Mar 23, 2010
Mississippi
Honestly, I'd bet most folks that you ask go through similar adjustments. For me, the one cig I can't give up yet is that one right after you have a good meal. Only on my 5th day in, but that one's tough to pass.

It definitely takes a conscious effort either way, but I feel like it's getting easier already. Watch some vids like this one and it gets even easier. I tried it myself the last time I smoked an analog, and it's just downright disturbing.

At any rate, keep with it. I know I'm more addicted to vaping than smoking already, I just need to kick the smoking bit.

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA
Slowisfast, I had withdrawal for a couple of months, but it was a feeling of high energy, HUNGER! but it was not unmanageable. I stayed out of the fridge and put my energy to work, actual productive work, which I hadn't really had the ability to do for a long long time, because I was only well enough to drink coffee and smoke! And of course cough my head off all day and night (that's not condusive to any work ethic.)
But from day One vaping, you couldn't have put a cigarette in my mouth by force, unless I was dead, that's how bad smoking was to me, and how stupid I felt doing it for so long. Maybe you need to just work through it, the snus is a good helper, but the energy you have to make your friend and relish it!!
After a couple months it all falls into place, and you are saved! Glory be, I never thought I would have seen that day. After 44 years and 60+ cigarettes every day, I'd say it was worth the 'slight' discomfort.

Last edited:

CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)
slowisfast - don't sweat it and don't get higher nic - you've cut down marvellously well arleady - just give it TIME.
It took me around 10 days to quit completely - and that was against my wishes :lol:
I had no plans to give up, NONE. I jsut wanted to smoke LESS. I gave up in the end because I preferred the PV, and I was on 10 cigs a day for the first two days. Then it was 8 then 4 then 2...
I wan't worried or bothered that I still smoked - remember I still WANTED to smoke. The one day - hey I just didnt smoke any. The following day I decided Id just have a couple but what do you know, I didnt have any then either..and its been that way since..well you can see from my signature ticker. I still don't say 'I gave up' per se - Im just not smoking TODAY. Cigs are not banned for me, I just don't want any.
Please give yourself TIME - and well done indeed for dropping down to one or 2 a day so fast!

jwquantrell

ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2010
Auburn, WA
If you are still getting cravings it could be that you need more nicotine. It could be that you are missing the other ingredients in cigarettes that the ecig doesn't have. It could be a myriad of other things.
If I was in your shoes, and I was btw, I would try a stronger nicotine level. Be advised though, that supposedly China is no longer making 36mg/ml nicotine. You can get some unflavored from a reputable dealer and adjust your own levels to get to a level that makes you more comfortable. It will change the flavor a little, but it will help the nic level. There are some vendors that are still selling 36mg, you just have to look harder. There are those that have decided through their superior wisdom that we don't need anything more than 24mg so it is getting harder to find, but as of right now it can still be found. That is all I have to say on that.
There is a ton of knowledge to absorb and you can find most of it here on ECF so just read read read. Then draw your own conclusions from what you have read.

Good Luck
Jim

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA
After I thought about it a little more, just because it was so long ago, I was afraid too of overheating the atomizer.
But, that's almost impossible, whether you use a manual or auto battery.
The Biggest Thing is to take really long, very gentle drags, until the battery cuts off. VERY LONG, GENTLE. Unlike a cigarette, the ecig relies on the heat of the atomizer for the very best vapor, but by puffing harder you pull too much juice front your cart and it overloads it vapor production goes down. So gentle puffs, by all means. This may be why you're feeling a little cheated. It's not taking more puffs, but fewer very satisfying ones. Maybe?

SlowsIsFast

ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Surprise, AZ
After I thought about it a little more, just because it was so long ago, I was afraid too of overheating the atomizer.
But, that's almost impossible, whether you use a manual or auto battery.
The Biggest Thing is to take really long, very gentle drags, until the battery cuts off. VERY LONG, GENTLE. Unlike a cigarette, the ecig relies on the heat of the atomizer for the very best vapor, but by puffing harder you pull too much juice front your cart and it overloads it vapor production goes down. So gentle puffs, by all means. This may be why you're feeling a little cheated. It's not taking more puffs, but fewer very satisfying ones. Maybe?
Yeah it's something I'm still getting used to :)

tomoiaga

Mar 30, 2010
Cluj-Napoca
Well, I used to be a Kent 4 (or Kent silver) smoker for more then 8 years.
In my first 10 days of vaping I was getting the need for an analog a lot in one day, but that passed and I think I am free now, I really do not need it anymore, I have tried one a few days ago but did not liked it that much.
Hang in there, if it helps think about the stupid smell of an analog and look at some cancer stories (don't mean to be rude) but it will definitely make you hate the analogs. Also look in this forum for what a government is doing just to keep people smoking analogs.
That helped me. My only problem , (seems to pass anyway after a while) is that I vape a lot now :)

XxJESTERxX

Apr 3, 2010
SE Michigan
OK so I have had my Joye 510 for about 4 days now and I am vaping 24mg strength regular tobacco flavor and I am still having cravings for cigarettes like crazy. I wasn't that heavy of a smoker (anywhere from a half a pack to a full pack of Marlboro Reds a day.) Is this normal? I have snuck like 1 cigarette per day since I started vaping. Could that be why I am still craving analogs? I want to take a smoke break with my 510 but when I try to smoke it like a cigarette (take a drag every 10-15 seconds) I can start to feel the atty getting hot and I am afraid of burning out my atty. How durable are the attys in the 510? I find myself with this e-cig in my mouth like once every minute I am awake and I am still want a cigarette. Is this normal for someone who is just switching over to vaping?

Stick with it Slow, everbody needs to adjust. I don't think going from a half to a full pack a day down to one analog a day is that bad. Aside from vaping, you have a community out here to help you out too. Stay strong and keep going, YOUR DOING GREAT!!!!! :thumbs:

AlexTM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Cologne, Germany
www.dampfzeichen.de
Most people don't manage to quit analogs the day their PV arrives, even if those who did like to tell their stories a lot more than those who didn't. So that is nothing to worry about.

If after a few weeks that still isn't getting less or none, and you want to quit those analogs, smokeless is the way to go.

And, in the two weeks, it seems to me, a lot of people need fairly high nic liquid. Probably because it does take a bit to master PVs, and therefore, people might not get enough nic out of them in the beginning.

Celarnor

Mar 23, 2010
Rochester
In order for my to kill the cravings i had to vape like crazy and for the first 2 weeks i vaped 36mg juice, I was a walking vape stack. Just stick with it
Tara

I did the same exact thing. I went through like 3 atomizers in my first two weeks from pretty much constant vaping. For me, the analog craving went away with time. Now the just smell really gross to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread