Still Craving...even after Lots of Vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope this is the right forum. Seems like there ought to be a support forum. Gave in and smoked another one. I have been vaping all day and this is my 7th cigarette of the day (been up since 5am). I still enjoy the taste of my marlboro. I am so hoping these cravings will subside as I really like vaping and was so looking forward to vaping being the magic bullet to help me finally quit smoking. I was even thinking of quitting until I tried vaping. Sometimes my resolve is high and others I feel pretty vulnerable to the cravings. When I decided to start vaping, I gave myself permission to still smoke, only planning to cut down, but then it seemed possible I might be able to quit. I feel the like possibility is slipping away. Damn, I really want this too as I had resigned myself to being a smoker til the day I died, and likely dying of a smoking related illness.:(

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
Pppphhhhtttt!

Took me closer to 5 weeks to make a full switch. Vape when you can and smoke when you have to, but keep trying different juices. There is a juice out there that will make everything fall into place and it will probably be something you never thought you would like. I know, once I found one juice that worked, there would be others and I woke up one day and realized I had forgotten to smoke the day before.

Now, try to wrap your head around that concept, I forgot to smoke. Seems so natural now, but back then it was something of an impossible dream.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Hi misterspiffy and welcome to ECF. You are successful in my eyes as you've cut down on your analogs drastically. Some quit immediately while others slowly cut down until 1 day they wake up and detest the taste of analogs and prefer vaping. This is not a contest or a race...ever heard the story of the tortoise and the hare? It could be your nicotine level is not high enuff. What PV are you using and what nic level? I'm a smoker of 40+ yrs and at one point I also believed I'd being going to my grave a smoker.

KC:

Jan 3, 2012
Dallas
I agree--it might be the particular e-cigarette & nicotine strength you're using. Especially the e-cig itself---I was given the Joyetech Ego-C as a Christmas gift & even though it's my 3rd e-cig, I pretty much instantly stopped smoking. That wasn't even my goal! After a day of vaping, went outside with my brother for a smoke and EWWWWWWWWW!!! Hated it!!!! I love this thing! :D

I am using a 35 mg mixed berry juice from Vermont Vapors. I have the Joye 510 basic kit for now, but will be purchasing the Joye eGo tank kit on Saturday when I make the trip to the Vermont Vapor retail store. I plan on picking up some different samples at VV when I go.

Eventually I've like to get a voltage mod like Provari as it's my understanding you can get the most vapor out of it.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
I don't drink, don't take any "medications" of any type and had no sense of taste or smell...My ONE LOVE in life was analogs...don't mention this last part to my wife :D

That is where I would like to get...forgetting about and forgetting to smoke. Seems an impossible dream but I have alot of faith in the stories I've read here as most seem to be as diehard a smoker as me....almost 2 packs of Marlboro Reds a day.

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
That is where I would like to get...forgetting about and forgetting to smoke. Seems an impossible dream but I have alot of faith in the stories I've read here as most seem to be as diehard a smoker as me....almost 2 packs of Marlboro Reds a day.

It's not impossible. If I did it, anyone can. Once you hit on the right nicotine strength- probably high until you get off cigs and the right pv- low resistance cartomizers did the trick- you can do this.

I didn't even try to quit, it just happened gradually.

ianlm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2012
Louisville, KY
www.ianmassey.com
as crazy as it might sound to a Red smoker, try a menthol juice. Clouds of Vapor Menthol Tobacco and Backwoods Brew Strong Menthol are both good IMO. Menthol kicks the throat/lung hit of vapor up many notches for me, and really makes for a satisfying puff. It's easy to get puffs big enough that my throat feels like it used to when i'd hotbox 3 analogs in a row, which means I don't even want to vape for a while, much less have a cigarette. You're definitely on the right track, just keep vaping! Let everything else happen at its own pace.

Last edited:

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
They seem kind of expensive but then again all brics and mortar have higher op costs. Have you though about a Lavatube VV?

I am using a 35 mg mixed berry juice from Vermont Vapors. I have the Joye 510 basic kit for now, but will be purchasing the Joye eGo tank kit on Saturday when I make the trip to the Vermont Vapor retail store. I plan on picking up some different samples at VV when I go.

Eventually I've like to get a voltage mod like Provari as it's my understanding you can get the most vapor out of it.

cyndi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2011
nebraska
It took me 4 months to quit smoking the analogs. I would vape until I just had to have a cigarette, then vape some more. After a few months neither one really tasted very good. Finally I said "thats it" and started vaping only. I kept a pack of cigarettes up in the shelf for months. I still wanted the cigarette, but I was able to tolerate without it, but I knew they were there if I had to have it. A couple of months later I was having a really stressful day, and decided I'm just going to have a cigarette. YUCK.. tasted terrible, put it out, sprayed the house with lysol, washed my hands, and been almost a year without them. After 35+ years of smoking, gave them up, and it has been amazing! I know you can do it, if your ready. Every cigarette you don't smoke is better. Don't rush your self, and take it one day at a time. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread