Still Craving...even after Lots of Vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyndi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2011
nebraska
cyndi-Am hoping the store will have the boge cartomizers you speak of, otherwise I will get them online. Seems they are cheap enough to give a try. Not sure how they can be that cheap with an atomizer and cartridge in one...am I missing something?
No they are relatively inexpensive to use, and the glory is that you can use different ohms ie I use 3.0s with my lava tube and provari, because then using a variable voltage device, i can go to a higher voltage and get a stronger vapor/throat hit, and it is very satisfying. But on my ego batterys I use a 2.0 or sometimes I've used other brands of cartomizers, and use a dual coil, and also get a nice vapor throat hit. There is a guy that does videos that is very easy to listen to/watch. If you go on youtube and type in igetcha69, he has some nice reviews on an assortment of devices/cartomizers ect. I learned a lot from him. Best of luck!

Nikkita6

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
New York
I feel your pain, really I do ... Most days, or shall I say low to no stress days are pretty easy as far as staying away from analogs however, on high stress days ... my vape doesn't really do it for me, and there is a lot of internal twisting and turning to avoid taking a puff .... While moving to a higher nic content works for a lot of people, this could never work for me because I can't take the TH of nic juices higher than 6 or 8 mg ... and even 8 is pushing it because I still cough a lot when using it...

which further perplexes me because med-high Nic juice make me cough and irritate my throat in a way that analogs never did :(

yet another reason why I sometimes find it hard to fight the temptation to light up, rather than raising my Nic content to fight a craving. I dream of a solution that addresses that issue ... in any event, you are not alone in that sometimes you just wanna smoke a cigarette! lol

I think at least part of the craving (as another poster mentioned) is coming from the absence of the 1000s of other chemicals that are present in cigarettes. So, I am hoping that by cutting down my addiction to these will lessen and I might find myself able to give up the cancer sticks entirely with time.

Do appreciate everyone's help as it was very encouraging. Thanks!

The Rebel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2010
Grand Rapids, Michigan
I will make a suggestion that hasn't popped up here yet. I've used, and still do on occasion, snus in the past to help with major craving or urges. It seems to help take the edge off of most stress related incidents. And I high recommend a VV device such as the Lavatube or Provari depending on your budget. It's a totally different ball game than a 510 or eGo. If the brick and morter place you're visiting has one, try it out. Being able to bump up the voltage can really change the taste and warmth of a vape which helps reduce the analog urges as well.

Also for Nikkita6, maybe some VG juice only would help. You might be allergic to PG which could cause the thoat irritation.

Nikkita6

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
New York
I think at least part of the craving (as another poster mentioned) is coming from the absence of the 1000s of other chemicals that are present in cigarettes. So, I am hoping that by cutting down my addiction to these will lessen and I might find myself able to give up the cancer sticks entirely with time.

Do appreciate everyone's help as it was very encouraging. Thanks!

That is a also a good point that I myself have considered .... my body sometimes craves the other 4000 carcinogens it is now missing :p

The Rebel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2010
Grand Rapids, Michigan
That is a also a good point that I myself have considered .... my body sometimes craves the other 4000 carcinogens it is now missing :p

You may be interested in this juice that is suppose to help eliminate the "missing the 5000 additives" urges. Short supply at this time and only goes on sale once in a while, but may be what you're missing. They also have a sub forum on here in the vendor section with more reading material.

Whole Tobacco Alkaloid Eliquid WTA Aroma Ejuice

Stormiefury

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2011
Wylie, TX
Nothing is impossible. My husband says that he was amazed at how I just totally quit cigs when I started vaping. But I was lucky, I have a vape store near me and was able to try juices for hours before I found the right one. Then we had to play with the nic levels and that took 2 weeks to get right. So have faith!!! You will get there and each time you put your PV to your mouth is another time you're NOT having an analog and that's PLUS PLUS PLUS!!! So don't look at it like you've given in look at it like a stepping stone to victory :D

Stormie:angel:

I feel your pain, really I do ... Most days, or shall I say low to no stress days are pretty easy as far as staying away from analogs however, on high stress days ... my vape doesn't really do it for me, and there is a lot of internal twisting and turning to avoid taking a puff .... While moving to a higher nic content works for a lot of people, this could never work for me because I can't take the TH of nic juices higher than 6 or 8 mg ... and even 8 is pushing it because I still cough a lot when using it...

which further perplexes me because med-high Nic juice make me cough and irritate my throat in a way that analogs never did :(

yet another reason why I sometimes find it hard to fight the temptation to light up, rather than raising my Nic content to fight a craving. I dream of a solution that addresses that issue ... in any event, you are not alone in that sometimes you just wanna smoke a cigarette! lol

Trying the snus now. Can one swallow the excess saliva that is produced? It does say spit free.

silentbrains

Jan 1, 2012
Trying the snus now. Can one swallow the excess saliva that is produced? It does say spit free.
As long as it's really snus and not dip, I believe it should be okay. Good luck with the snus, I find that it helps me forget that I want a smoke when the craving comes up. Don't buy dip on accident! edit: Huh, Wikipedia (and snus purchasing websites of course) states that, in Sweden, Snus is regulated as a food product. Not sure what that means exactly but it sounds positive..

Last edited:

The Rebel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2010
Grand Rapids, Michigan

Yes you can. If you're using the USA version of snus (Marlboro or Camel), you must try some from Sweden or overseas. It is 100% better than the USA version and you can pick your strength. Plus they have multiple flavors to choose from. General brand has some great products as does Catch. Try the Catch Eucalyptus, white portion. It is awesome. Here's a snus website that services the US.

Snusbutiken. Order Camel Snus, General Snus, Ettan Snus, Skoal Snus, Skruf Snus and more online.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread