anyone else still feel like they need a cigarette?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ripeadultery

Sep 27, 2010
GA
i still feel desperate for a cigarette. almost as if it's not filling the craving that i have for one. right now i am using a joye 510 with electronicstix.com's 24 mg mint coffee. any way that i can possibly make this a little more intense or something? starting to run out of options as i'm still smoking (but usually only once a day, but id like to quit that too)

I felt that way too...I went through 3 different kits and it just wasn't "enough"

I had the eGo, the intelli-cig and the DSE800 - they all worked "okay" but I was still going to analogs.

then I went to vapor for life and that was 6 weeks ago - not an analog since! It was partly the convenience of the prefilled carts that did it for me, and great vapor as well.

good luck, and I would suggest trying something else and not giving up.

I figure I spent over $200 before the V4L kit, but to me it was worth it getting of analogs.

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I agree with krazirob. Up your nic level at least for awhile. See if that doesn't satisfy the cravings a little more. However, if you are just smoking a little...once a day, you say, then you are doing pretty darn well. Congratulations on getting down to that. Celebrate all the cigarettes you've been able to avoid instead of focusing on the one or two you can't kick. Good luck.

SimpleSins

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2010
SW Iowa
Everybody's different, but it took me a couple weeks to get off cigarettes. I had it down to 2-3 a day, but I was still really really feeling the need for those two. What finally got me over the hump was an increase in the warmth and vapor. While it wouldn't really be do-able with a standard 510, you could try a 5V 510 passthrough or a bigger battery and some LR atomizers/cartomizers. This seemed to replicate most closely the "feel" of smoking for me, and even at nicotine levels of 16-18, I was no longer feeling that need for a "real" cigarette.

Springbird

ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2010
Connecticut
When I first started vaping I found that there were a few times during the day when I really wanted a cig. I started keeping a 36mg cartomizer around for those times. I would just vape that until I was slightly (emphasis on slightly) nauseous and then I didn't want a cig. I don't need to do this anymore. I stay at 18 mg all day. This did get me over the hump though. Also, I did start with Vapor for Life . The KR808 system is warmer than the 510 or Ego and that might have been a help. I am also using an Ego with Mega cartomizers now or with a Mega LR atty with a cart. This is some big throat hit if that might help you.

Last edited:

AmsuJackal

Oct 4, 2010
Oklahoma
yah, i started out the exact way you did, except a different company. 510 with 24mg and i just couldnt stop smoking analogs, the ecig did nothing for the cravings. i went and ordered some 36mg liquid from totallywicked, and i never had to have another analog as long as i had the 36mg liquid. im sure its just an issue of dose, hang in there and try the 36mg and you might have the same success i had

grandmato5

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2010
WNY
I think you're doing great ! You just started vaporing a few days ago so if you've been able to only have a few analogs that's really good ! Yes, some may be able to start vaping and never smoke an analog again but most people do go through at least a few days of still smoking an analog once in a while and for some it takes even longer before they are ready to completely give up their analogs. Absolutely nothing wrong with either way as we are all different. Look at the positives of how many analogs you have NOT smoked since you started to vaper and don't worry right now about those few analogs you have smoked.

You might want to look into getting one of electronicstix's joye 510 passthroughs with a 5 volt 2 amp AC to USB connector. I love mine and it does give a more intense vaper experience and doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Upping your nic mg a bit right now might help too. You can always work your way back down again after those cravings have gone away.

JeffTM

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Chatsworth, CA
There are subtle differences between smoking cigarettes and vaping that can be hard to let go of. For example, refilling carts isn't as convenient and just taking out a cigarette and lighting it. However, I think over time you'll come to find that vaping is not only satisfying, but even more satisfying then smoking analogs. You just have to find which method, PV, flavor, etc. works best for you.

quarter

Sep 3, 2010
Idaho
Hang in there and it's okay. Like others said, up the nic level a little. I also want a cig when I drink sometimes and last night lit one of my husbands and had 3 puffs and couldn't get a good throat hit or produce much smoke compared to my pv so put it out...tasted awful too. The ego mego carto gets great th and vape so I've found it much more satisfying not to mention the taste. Right now my regular flavor is banana cream from FSUSA.

artbyjoni

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 8, 2010
Foothills of the Smokies, TN
it took 2 weeks for me to put the cigarettes down, it was mostly because i didnt feel comfortable being without them. But during those first 2 weeks I went from a pack a day to a pack every 2.5 days, which I thought was great in itself. I decided that the only way to get rid of the cigarettes for good would be to just take the leap and dont buy them and stick with it! I did that last week and so now im a week analog free :) It wasnt nearly as hard as I expected it to be and I'm glad I did it. You can do it too, good luck!

Sandybeach40

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2010
Colorado
To make it more intense try to do a direct inhale. Inhale as you draw. I'm over a month analog free and everyday I have the urge. When I first get in my car I think I need a analog. After I eat like a pig I think I need and analog. To curb this I vape. If your new to E Cigs try to do both vape and smoke for a while until you get comfortable with vaping. Eventually you will go days without a analog and not even know you did it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread