Status
Not open for further replies.

Doffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Australia
hey guys sorry for my absence in this thread been visiting and monitoring but haven't had much time to post, been a pretty hectic month for me, hey Aal whats up :)

anyway, all mods from this batch have already shipped and you should have received tracking through email and be receiving it any day now if you have not already, there was only one casualty in this batch and I am building a replacement mod for that one failure right now and have already notified that individual who owns that particular one....

I am now starting a new batch but this new batch is going to be very small, only ~15 mods so spots are limited. if anyone is interested in having a mod built for them then let me know here as soon as possible and I will see what I can do for you. pictures of the current batch are coming in now and I wil post up some shots of the current batch soon, hopefully Ian and Doffy can post up a pic of there mod here too when they receive it :D

will do

ETA is monday :)

• Love
Reactions: Sloth Tonight

Ivan6Two

Verified Member
Jan 15, 2018
NoVA
E2695209-9675-4B9D-B48D-D1041829CE4D.jpeg
943C02E6-92C6-4943-BFD2-E29ED496E826.jpeg
0D7B99AF-659E-4CE9-A733-AF70928AEB5C.jpeg
3674C535-926D-4627-B391-5BE3E319BAFE.jpeg
Wham. BAM. Thank you, John!!

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
Last edited:

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Between you and @Rossum, I may fall once again. This may be an irresistible item. I have gone down the hole of TC and have wanted a good Evolve squonker. Most use a decent board but then the 510 and box seem like junk. This may do it.
It's a wonderful product. I've been using both of mine daily for a long time now. They've taken a real beating at times, knocked off my nightstand, thrown across the room by my lover, all sorts of stuff. Totally irrelevant and the vape keeps on chucking.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
Mine arrived earlier today and I am using it now. I always knew that quality parts put together by someone who knows what they are doing would produce a great squonker. I got the Mod Dog 510 and I think that I am going to be glad that I did.

It's a wonderful product. I've been using both of mine daily for a long time now. They've taken a real beating at times, knocked off my nightstand, thrown across the room by my lover, all sorts of stuff. Totally irrelevant and the vape keeps on chucking.

Last edited:

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
hey guys long time no thread bump :p I'm of course still here and still building mods in batches, as always if anyone is interested in a mod PM me and I will do what I can for you. I actually have an extra DNA75C mod or 2 available for sale right now if anyone is interested. also, many who know me know that I am a huge temperature control fan, it's the only way I vape. I have always had people ask me about building a mech and I have always been resistant to the idea because, truth is, personally I don't really even want any mechs
1f61b.png
but lately more and more I have been starting to think more about, what if...?

don't get me wrong I do understand the appeal of a mech for many folks, it's just that I'm really just a die hard temp control dude, I have been vaping temp control for years now exclusively and I have always made it my primary mission to build the best temp control device I can build, but... lately the what if's have been getting to me more and more....

what if I was to build a mech with all of the best qualities of the BAM V1? I mean what if a mech was hand built and machined from a solid block of ultem? and what if it still had the same triple heat treated annealing process for the ultimate in durability and longevity? and what if it still had the same vapor polished options? same engraving options? what if it still had the LH and RH options and same type button options including both brass and SS as well as ultem? and what if it still had the option of a front, rear or side squonk hole as only the BAM can provide? what if it still had the very same super secure hand fit sliding dove tail door attaching method that the BAM V1 has, instead of a flimsy door just held to the battery with magnets? what if it was very minimal in size too like only a mech can be? what if it was rounded and smooth like the BAM V1, only just minimal, and tiny?

well all of these what ifs have finally made me come to decide that yeah, maybe I should finally turn all these what-if's into a should be
1f642.png

introducing the BAMech prototype
1f642.png
this one of course is just mocked up from wood as a preliminary test, just to dial in the size constraints and machining parameters, but in the next few days I will be building a couple of full ultem prototypes to really dial it in and thoroughly test it out and dial in and maximize the tinyness factor.

once it is perfected and dialed in completely the first batch of custom built to order BAMech's will be offered, so stay tuned for more info and some pics of the first production BAMech that is unlike any mech you have seen before. mechs don't have to be flimsy little 3D printed things and don't have to be just a simple square box with an insecure door, yet can still have the easy access to the battery and bottle that only a removable door mod provides...

stay tuned for more
1f642.png

IMG_2268.JPG
IMG_2269.JPG
IMG_2267.JPG
IMG_2266.JPG
IMG_2265.JPG
IMG_2264.JPG
IMG_2268.JPG
IMG_2269.JPG
IMG_2267.JPG
IMG_2266.JPG
IMG_2265.JPG
IMG_2264.JPG

Last edited:

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
I have no idea why each picture shows twice but at least there is the ability to upload pictures now that can show full size, that's pretty new here I think? never used to be able to do that, makes it MUCH easier to upload pics so I will upload some more pics soon from the past few batches here too :) pics were always a huge pita to get up here since photobucket took a dump on everyone, bravo to ECF for this new feature :) now I'm only wondering if there is a limit to amount of uploads one can do here?

Last edited:

Doffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Australia
I have no idea why each picture shows twice but at least there is the ability to upload pictures now that can show full size, that's pretty new here I think? never used to be able to do that, makes it MUCH easier to upload pics so I will upload some more pics soon from the past few batches here too :) pics were always a huge pita to get up here since photobucket took a dump on everyone, bravo to ECF for this new feature :) now I'm only wondering if there is a limit to amount of uploads one can do here?
They are limited to 1mb files, but as many as you like.

I think there is a max per post of 15

rudy4653

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2012
CT
The mech venture sounds interesting. I think a determining factor would be cost. With your attention to detail, time and ultem material cost would you be able to price it to be competitive? I'm sure there will be discerning customers looking for the ultimate quality you will provide but not sure how many to make it worth your while? There are tons of mechs out there so it's a very competitive market. I have a couple of mechs but are considered my "beaters" when I don't want to expose my BAM to harsh elements such as beach, around water areas, doing yard work etc. So if something happens to them it's no biggie. A mech is a mech. Cleaning contacts, drop off in power as battery depletes, etc. all the same whether it's a $25 Pico squeeze or a $200 ultem piece of art they all work the same. Just my 2c:2c:

Reactions: Gigdujour
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread