Status
Not open for further replies.

AmberB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2011
Oklahoma
Hi there! My husband and I have recently started a box mod project and I wanted to share it with the community. The first line we are creating are handmade Variable Wattage Bottom Feeder Wooden Box Mods. My husband is an amazing wood worker, and I am a long term vaper and electronics nerd as well as an artist. :) We have just finished the prototype for the first line and it is truly an amazing device! I don't even mind giving up my lanyard for it. :) We are using the evolv dna 12 inside which I have found that with proper handling of the wiring it does reach a consistent 12 watts. All of the solder is lead free and does not come in contact with any of the insides of the juice feeder system. The feeder system is all brass and uses and a medical grade high temp flexible tubing. It holds 6ml. There is also a small built in drip well for those of us who tend to flood our attys!

Below you will find images of the prototype. It was made with red oak and has been oiled with a natural color. Future models will have a few key changes. The window will be round rather than square and the button will be moved to the front corner. It will also be a 1/4" taller to accommodate an AW IMR 2000 mah 18650 which is the required battery for this mod. There will also be some cosmetic changes that I will make starting with the next run. I will offer red oak in various color stains including purple, blue, green and naturals and exotic woods such as ebony, purple heart etc. I will also be including metal inlays, etching and semi precious cabochon shaped stones for accent.

The beta testers have already been chosen and their mods will be going out in about 3 weeks. Please check back here for more information, videos, images and sale dates!

I will also be hosting random contests, so be sure to keep an eye out here for that! Happy vaping!!

photo1.jpg image2.jpg image1.jpg

Attachments

• photo-1.jpg
    photo-1.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 7,551

pmoraldo

REO Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gilbert, Arizona
This is awesome Amber looks fabulous love the DNA chip and can't wait to see some your custom artistic talents incorporated in these!:p You may want to consider using a deeper drip well in the future since alot of people use the HH357's and in keeping the very wet they tend to fill the juice cut on Reo's to the top almost. Just a thought. Personally the 1 your using is fine for me since I love me a good carto:D Congrats to you and the DH :thumbs::thumbs::thumb::thumb::banana::banana:

AmberB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2011
Oklahoma
This is awesome Amber looks fabulous love the DNA chip and can't wait to see some your custom artistic talents incorporated in these!:p You may want to consider using a deeper drip well in the future since alot of people use the HH357's and in keeping the very wet they tend to fill the juice cut on Reo's to the top almost. Just a thought. Personally the 1 your using is fine for me since I love me a good carto:D Congrats to you and the DH :thumbs::thumbs::thumb::thumb::banana::banana:

I am looking for a solution for a larger drip well. So far short of having a machine shop manufacture one I haven't found anything. Let me know if anyone does have any ideas for me on this!

AmberB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2011
Oklahoma
What type of finish is on the wood? Will you be using harder woods? I need something durable.

The woods will all be oiled with danish oil. Some I may use a water base stain on as well. We are also planning a trip to buy ebony lumber. Doesn't get much harder than that! LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread