Status
Not open for further replies.

JerryRM

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2009
Rhode Island
Whaaa? Drupal, Joomla, Post Nuke, PhP?:confused:

I don't have to understand that in order be an editor, do I?

Don, Robert is the reason that I use "I am, therefore I vape", instead of the other way around. I Don't want to be a copycat. Hi Robert.

It's gonna be a piece of cake Don !!!:facepalm:

RobertY

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
ROFL!! Yuppers. And yes, once the hang is gotten to a good CMS it is a piece of cake. Yummy!

Don, Robert is the reason that I use "I am, therefore I vape", instead of the other way around. I Don't want to be a copycat. Hi Robert.

It's gonna be a piece of cake Don !!!:facepalm:

Kobudo

ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2010
Evansville, IN
This sounds mighty interesting to me too... While I'm no professional designer, I can put a page together with HTML -- though we surely have more competent folks around here volunteering for that aspect. I also have been vaping less than a year and have only used two models, and one of those I built myself and new folks can't buy one.

What I am good at is keeping the typos at bay, and I have much experience as an English tutor, as well as an educational background in the same artsy-wordsy stuff. I would be happy to contribute by proofreading content.

rolygate

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
ECF Towers
Robert :)

It's hard to get the attention of Jerry & Don...

We'll be using either Drupal or Joomla - good guess. I'll probably decide the week before. Depends on the ACL mainly but Joomla looks a better bet here, doesn't need much in the way of ACL for this job as it will be a small team (at first).

When it expands later, J1.6 with core ACL should have gone from beta to stable so when we upgrade it will take care of the issue of multiple editors. Starting out, the CMS will only have 3 or 4 editors.

Interesting you say you prefer Drupal templating to Joomla, most would be the other way round.

Since most of this lot carnt spel rite* we will probably need Kobudo's proofreading.
* Of course, I know it should be 'canot spell rigth'

Last edited:

RobertY

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
rolygate I guess it is because I have worked more with Drupal than Joomla. Have not used Joomla in awhile. I have heard positive remarks that Joomla has made great strides into being more user friendly than when I was first working with it. I will have to take another look at it when J1.6 does go to stable. I do not fool with Beta releases or development releases. Just give me the one that for the most part works correctly out of the box with out having to go on a bug hunt and do some squashing by having to edit core files with thrown together snippets. LOL!

JerryRM,
I thunk he dide jist ensult us. hehehe...

Love the avatar you have got.

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
<---- meet the invisible man. :)
Robert, I apologize. I got so sucked into my ignorance of those things you mentioned that I forgot you mentioned them in the context of volunteering your services.

The good news is that my attention to this is irrelevant (I'm just another volunteer like you) ... and Jerry is probably right: rolygate or his henchmen are lurking. Don't they always?;)

EDIT: Whoops! I felt so bad about this that I rushed in with this post before reading the rest of the thread. RG has appeared; all is right with the world.:)

I just hope what rolygate said makes sense to you, Robert. I failed Greek in school.

Hey Don, dide Roly juste ensult us...twicce ?????

Guesse eye haeve too taeke it, youse da bosse, Chris !!!!
But he insulted himself as well, so it's OK, Jerry!

Last edited:

notsoogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
The REAL Washington
Thanks Robert, I found it on an Artist's Forum. It is copyright, but I got permission from the artist to use it as an avatar.

Thy, you are getting younger every day. lol. Can I interest you in a "Snails" sig?:D

lol Heya Jerry. Now how did I miss that new sig til now? :laugh:

Jerry, Thy got that new avatar over something that I said!:glare: He was a funnin me! But he did say that I was not the only one that makes him look that way!!:D

We now return you to your editing pleasure!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread