Those interested in being a CMS Editor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
Ever since Don changed his avatar, he has been mischievous, stirring things up all over the forum. I think he is after my Official Instigator job, I'm going to have to keep an eye on him.

I kind of agree with you Jerry, you better watch out.:ohmy:

And Don, I appreciate you but I'm not sure about joining an army--I'm from the peace generation.:)

SuZamme

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
What is a CMS editor?

I think this is going to be a section for those of us with the challenges of CRS. (Can't Remember Stuff).

I definitely vote for Don...but only if his Avatar goes back to what it was or is something different than the current one which reminds me of my HS Science teacher who gave me a B-.

Last edited by a moderator:

Elendil

Assclown Exterminator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
IL USA
All right already! All is back the way it was. I have caved in to public opinion. [Actually, I think I prefer it myself. That professional head shot (from 10+ years ago) looks like "bland man." May it RIP.]

A random observation.

This may be the shortest post I've seen Don make...........

rolygate

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
ECF Towers
@Don
This was supposed to be a private exclusive cub for you and Jerry, Don. Now you have broadcast it to the world.
[actually several members had asked us for a scheme to get Don & Jerry taken care of somehow and put in a quiet corner]

@Daisy
So you're an ex-navy guy called Adams then? :)

RobertY

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
This has me interested. Have you all decided on what CMS you are going to be using? There are a ton of them. Does the CMS that you are going to use have a WYSIWYG native function or plug in? For myself I have always just used the "source" view an edited from there. hehehe...

Most my experiance has been with Drupal. Don't know why but for me the templates for Drupal are easier to bang the heck out of and mod.

I also have some experiance with Joomla, Post Nuke (long ago), and PhP Nuke (long ago), and even some lessor known ones.

Sorry to stick my nose into the private club. hehehe...

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
This has me interested. Have you all decided on what CMS you are going to be using? There are a ton of them. Does the CMS that you are going to use have a WYSIWYG native function or plug in? For myself I have always just used the "source" view an edited from there. hehehe...

Most my experiance has been with Drupal. Don't know why but for me the templates for Drupal are easier to bang the heck out of and mod.

I also have some experiance with Joomla, Post Nuke (long ago), and PhP Nuke (long ago), and even some lessor known ones.

Sorry to stick my nose into the private club. hehehe...
Whaaa? Drupal, Joomla, Post Nuke, PhP?:confused:

I don't have to understand that in order be an editor, do I?

RobertY

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
No, more than likely not. More than likely the editor that they chose is going to have a WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) type of editor. That means that if you do not know HTML you will still be fine. A WYSIWYG editors works kind of like making a document in MS Word. Once you catch on to how it does it becomes pretty easy. But I still prefer there to be a "Source" button so I can look right at the coding and make changes that way also.

Drupal and Joomla are two of the more popular CMS's (content management system) right now that have pretty good sized communities and lots of modules for them. Post Nuke used to be a real popular one but I always found it to be a pain in the rear end. The same goes for PhP Nuke which I think is defunct now. LOL!

The CMS will have a back end control panel. (admin area) Where you can control the sites settings, themes, users, permissions, make pages, etc...

I was wondering about what CMS they are going to be using because every CMS control panel is different and calls things different things. Once again once you get a grasp of what does what it gets easier and faster to use. Changes can be made on the fly right there on the web site itself in most cases if it is just page editing.

You will be fine. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread