are AUTOmatic, enhanced/advanced editor replys possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaliVaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2011
Outer Space
Hey, This is refering to when I go and click on "post reply", it just brings me down to the "quick reply" section. Then I have to click on "go advanced". Pretty much every other forum i've used will either come with the Advanced editor as the default or at least have an option to change to that. But I went in my settings and am not seeing it anywhere. Is it possible at all?

When I click on "post reply" or "reply with quote" I want it to bring me to the full/enhanced/advanced editor, just like it does when creating a new thread.... only when its a reply and not a new thread it will show the previous posts underneath.

Last edited:

oldsoldier

Retired ECF Forum Manager
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2010
Lurking in the shadows
www.reboot-n.com
At this time there is no user settable option to change the default reply editor. If there is enough demand we could look into it, Roly is very receptive to suggestions for improvement. No promises though, there are lots of other forum fixes on the list for our trained code monkeys and only so many hours of work per banana offered.

rolygate

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
ECF Towers
Lol.

Well - the situation is this: most people want a quick option to reply, and the instant editor is what they want. In the recent upgrade, several formatting options were added, so it's not just a bare textbox any more.

Plus, there is a button right there to click for the advanced editor. If we set the advanced editor as the default (which is never done), it loads the server with extra work that many people don't need or want. It's only two clicks to get the kitchen sink up there.

However, what we could do is set a check button in the member profile, so that if someone wants the advanced editor as default, they can have it.

Last edited:

CaliVaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2011
Outer Space
Lol.

Well - the situation is this: most people want a quick option to reply, and the instant editor is what they want. In the recent upgrade, several formatting options were added, so it's not just a bare textbox any more.

Plus, there is a button right there to click for the advanced editor. If we set the advanced editor as the default (which is never done), it loads the server with extra work that many people don't need or want. It's only two clicks to get the kitchen sink up there.

However, what we could do is set a check button in the member profile, so that if someone wants the advanced editor as default, they can have it.

Well I mean... I thought that was the point in having it permanently attached to the bottom of the page, no?

I know the extra button is right there, just an extra step... not a big deal, just annoying to me. You said "which is never done" which is odd to me..... because I regularly use numerous forums... and they all have the quick response at the bottom of the page, but if you wanna use it, you just scroll down and type in the box, but when you actually click on reply/quote, it takes you to full editor... probably why its annoying to me, cuz it's not what i'm use to.

If you could add the button in the profile/settings It would be greatly appreciated. After My first post that is exactly where I went thinking that It was just a setting I had to change ;)

oldsoldier

Retired ECF Forum Manager
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2010
Lurking in the shadows
www.reboot-n.com
Until now I thought the code monkeys were attached to a device that only allowed so many puffs of banana liquid per line of code written. Actual bananas seem so pre-2005.
Roly and I are both old. Plus, I get a good deal on bananas from my hookup with the black helicopter guys. Tinfoil hats are pretty cheap too, I can get a deal on those from my other friends (the ones that feear the black helicopter guys)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread