San Diego Vape Shops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im still really new to vaping but am one of those I ordered way, way to much to start with but I am hooked. Mostelly getting my stuff off the internet and am pleased with what I have so far. But feeling the need to get out face to face with experience vapers. I found 3 local shops and I will breifly tell about my experience.

The 1st was Vapure. I had only been vaping a few days and just had one of those cheap pos convinience store e-cigs when I went into Vapure. The have a few toys and some E-juice. It seems like everybody goes there probably because its the only one that comes up on a google search. I got a bridgeless atty and a couple of e-juices that were okay. The place being so busy that about all I could do was to guess and pick a few things. I sugest if you look at there website, Know what you want it would work to pop in for a visit.

The 2nd was Liberty Flights in Kearney Mesa. Man what a great improvement over the first choice. its a fairly small store but they have allot of goodies at a very fair price. I learned that the direction I went with my setups wasn't the best and for what I could afford after what I had already spent this month I was fixed up very nicelly and would recomend them. they have a nice supply of hardware and lots of e-juice to choose from and good advice for the newcomers and pro's alike.

The 3rd was Vaperoo in miramar. They are fairly new there and don't even have a website yet. You can find there page on facebook though. I would highly recommend stoping in there if you have a chance. It is a nice shop with a lounge area and they make you feel welcome. By the time I wen't in there my vaping budget had been blown 2 time over so I had no intention of buying anything. The hardware selection is a bit more advanced then the ohter shops and the have a good selection of juice's. some of there own, which you can sample all of them if you want. there more then happy to show off what the have. I didn't think much when I first showed up being broke and all but ended up staying in there for almost an hour and a half sampling there Liquids and they were more then happy to show off any gadjet I was curious about. It seems some people just stop in there to vape there own stock and just sit on the couch and watch the big screen tv. and they are all okay with that. anyway thats it for my observations so far.

I give 5 stars to vaperoo.

I give 4.5 stars to Liberty Flights

And Im going to hold my stars on Vapure. maybe I just got them on a bad days twice.

Hope this helps those that haven't found much in SD.

Ow and I forgot to mention. I was so impressed with Vaperoo's liquids that even though I have pleanty of samples and supplies to make my own plus being that I way overspent for the month I couldn't leave without buying there pomegranet juice. And it was a hard toss up between that and a great one that I cant recal the name of but started with an L I believe. Until today I absolutelly hated the all vg. but theres isd 100% vg and Im impressed.

Last edited:

rbrtito

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2011
Southern CA
E city in Laguna beach is amazing!! They have everything you'll need to get started! Jason is super knowledgable about the vaping world. I use to always make the trip down there until their 2nd store opened in hawaiin gardens! Just beware that if you go to e city in Laguna beach you'll wanna buy everything there! :laugh: I sure did

rbrtito

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2011
Southern CA
Where exactly is Liberty Flights? I only know of Vaperoo and Vapure here in San Diego and if there's another shop in San Diego I want to check it out.

Liberty flights is a website that is based out of San Diego, I'm not sure if they have a store front though. I've purchased items from there before and it came to LA within to days! They have a good stock on parts and great prices and if you click on the top left If I can remember you'll get 15% off

Where exactly is Liberty Flights? I only know of Vaperoo and Vapure here in San Diego and if there's another shop in San Diego I want to check it out.

Liberty Flights
7368 Convoy Ct,
San Diego, CA.

Telephone : 858-505-0157

Electric Cigarette Information

across the street from NAPA auto parts, northwest corner of the intersection.

I should check out Vaperoo. I live relatively close.

I won't stop you but I won't go to the one in mission valley again. to crowded. the one out in santee was nice. But it seems like if you know excactly what you want and dont mind spending the extra money, cuz the are higher priced of what Ive been buying. then go in. I wouldn't ask anything complicated. Unless a short half ... answer is what you need. But then again. I hold most of my bad thoughts because it was like a meat market. maybe my timing just sucked.

Liberty flights is a website that is based out of San Diego, I'm not sure if they have a store front though. I've purchased items from there before and it came to LA within to days! They have a good stock on parts and great prices and if you click on the top left If I can remember you'll get 15% off

thats 20% off if you click the top corner, but if you go in the automatically give you the 20%

niktemadur

Jan 17, 2013
Mexico
I won't go to the one in mission valley again. to crowded... it was like a meat market. maybe my timing just sucked.

Ditto, it was swarming with college-age kids and I stood there for a long time before an employee bothered to acknowledge my existence, so it seems to be the norm and not the exception. After about half an hour I was getting really angry and almost walked away. Once they got around to me, however, they were very courteous and thorough, I left the store as the proud and happy owner of my first true ecig.

They did mention that their other stores are less hectic, the Mission Valley branch seems to be in the geographical heart of the San Diego area, the closest to the UCSD and SDSU campuses.

guesswhoy0

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2012
San Diego
I won't stop you but I won't go to the one in mission valley again. to crowded. the one out in santee was nice. But it seems like if you know excactly what you want and dont mind spending the extra money, cuz the are higher priced of what Ive been buying. then go in. I wouldn't ask anything complicated. Unless a short half ... answer is what you need. But then again. I hold most of my bad thoughts because it was like a meat market. maybe my timing just sucked.

You're referring to Vapure in mission valley and not Vaperoo. Vaperoo is in Mira Mar

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Vapure is a fairly decent shop, not all that great, but not all that bad either.

Liberty Flights is a long-standing vendor in this community.

They are actually based in the UK and the San Diego office was born of expansion.
It gave them the ability to take Paypal and also be able to ship locally from within the United States.

They used to be entirely web-based, and I am happy to hear they have a brick and mortar here now.

turnforward

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2010
San Diego
I was excited when I heard there was a vapor store in San Diego (Vapure) about a year ago. I have been use to my favorite online juice venders for a year and a half, and every flavor I bought at Vapure just didn't taste right. They all have this weird after taste. One of my favorite juices is Waffles from tastyvapor.us, and Vapure told me they have a waffle flavor also. So I bought some and it tasted like a leather shoe. One day I had a craving for some tobacco flavors, so I went to Vapure and tried out a few at the store through one 510 dripping atty they use, thinking that that is why they all tasted the same. So I bought 3 different small bottles and took them home and filled three carto's. Two of them tasted like woman's perfume, but the VY4 was pretty good, but it still had that funny aftertaste. And for half that day, every time when I went into the kitchen by the corner of the house, I could still smell that perfume stench from those two liquids. They hung out in the corner for hours.

They are always pushing those Saturn tanks there and I couldn't get any of them to work for me. My favorites are the ST duel coil, and boge cartomizers. They had them at first (and they are still on their website showing OUT OF STOCK). They kept giving me the runaround on them, saying that their shipment is in the mail and should be there in a couple of days. I would go back next week and they would say the same thing. Then the next week-- the same, and the next......... Finally they told me that no one likes the STDC's or the boge's (which is funny, because those are the most popular carto's in the world), then they said "Try the Saturn's, everyone LOVES those."

So I stopped going there, but my brother who I got started vaping a year ago, always got his stuff from there because he is old and doesn't like the internet. He said that the Saturn's worked for him, and the only juice he liked was the VY4. Then for the holidays I found that he went back to smoking. He said that vaping isn't as satisfying as smoking. What?....vaping is 100 times better than smoking.......unless you are using a Saturn and lousy E-Juice.

I went back a couple of weeks ago, because I broke one of my EGO Twists, to buy another one. I noticed that they had the exact same stuff there that they had six months ago. So I start hinting and asking them if they were going to get some of the new stuff that's been coming out. Like the Kanger T3's, The duel-coil clearomizers, or some of the new rebuildable, Genesis MODS and stuff like that. He gave a blank and confused look (he had no idea what I was talking about), then proceeded to tell me: "That would confuse our customers, plus, if we get all that new stuff, we would have to get all kinds of new batteries, because those things have all have different kinds of battery connectors." I LOL'ed myself out of the store.

We need stores owned by people who love vaping like us.

Last edited:

dallas274

Verified Member
Aug 7, 2012
Costa Mesa
I have been to all the stores in SD and OC area if you are in SD and looking for a wide selection of Amazing juice and or anything from just starting to advanced mods Vaperoo is your store! These guys are the best!! As soon as you walk in you will realize you have now become part of the family! In my eyes Vaperoo is a must stop!

guesswhoy0

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2012
San Diego

turnforward

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2010
San Diego
Sweet I'll have to check this place out. What type of stuff do they have there?

It's not a superstore, or anything. They have been open for just a few weeks. They have a couple clearomizers, atty's, ego's, some good homemade juice.
If you live nearby, let him know what you would keep coming back for if he had it. It seems he is playing it by ear on what to stock there, I don't blame him. With the dozens of new stuff coming out every month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread