Status
Not open for further replies.

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
OK, so I am an old fart who has depended on the ECF entirely (REOVille, Saloon, several e-liquid threads), and now I am thinking of swinging by the local vape shops to talk hardware.
Obviously, kayfun (clones) will be discussed. Probably going to bring up Vapefly and Vandy Vape for MTL attachments. Will undoubtably take several bottom feed mods as well.
What else should crusty old farts who have been vaping longer than their store has existed try to convince the vape shop owner (manager) they should at least look into ?
Like it or not, they local B&M's just became out main source for hardware.

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    I've always tried to avoid vape shops. In the past, trying to educate folks behind the counter is hit and miss. As we see what shakes out, it would good to get familiar with who's open and what they're willing to do.

There are about 20 of them here.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Let us know how it goes.

Like it or not, they local B&M's just became out main source for hardware.

Some of us. I avoided that scenario and a lot of us here did as well.

Best thing to do at this point is to find a closed system that's tolerable. I hear Vuse isn't that bad. Being a Big Tobacco product, it is likely they will get their PMTA accepted so they should be everywhere, they already are.
    A small hole at the top of the pod plugged with a tiny screw or a tiny silicone plug should make it refillable for as long as the coil holds up.

Last edited:

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    the Universe
    Well, I guess I am headed uptown. Will try to impress upon the Owner/ Manager that a million Americans just had their vape sources shut off, and they have an opprotunity.
    Vandy Vape, Wotofo, Asmodus, Vapefly ... hope I am not too outdated.
    Good luck. Please report back how it went.

Dieseler

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 24, 2011
    Illinois
    PawPaw yes depending on area here in illinois where weed is now available legally many shops are what you describe and what i recall long ago Head Shops.
    There are a few vape shops nearby here but one always see a young crowd in summer before pandemic
    vaping outside blowing clouds.
    Things have changed my friend at least here.

classwife

Admin
    Admin
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 9, 2010
    Wesley Chapel, Florida
    Third stop - another Head Shop.
    At least he has mods ang tanks, but all drop in coils. One atomizer he calls "Old School", but dual coil, seems ok but not what I am looking for.

But Papaw...
    Aren't these still the places you should be conversing with ?
    I am of the understanding that you are trying to get them to carry stuff that can keep people somewhat self sufficient ?
    Rebuildables and supplies and the mods to put them on ?
    Geeeee...I have visions of a B&M DIY Supply !!!

PapawBrett

Retired
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 16, 2012
    Monroe NC
    Fourth stop - an Actual Vape Store !!!:banana:
    He knew squonkers on sight !
    He understood "make my own coils" !

However.... He claims the law will not allow RDA to be sold without proper training, which they used to do.
    And he says that the single coil RDA market had faded away as people wanted the ease of drop in coils.
    They did have VooPoo mods, and a wide selection of tanks.
    But I guess I am a dinosaur...

Ed Brown

ECF Veteran
    Sep 29, 2019
    North-Central PA (flyover country)
    I'm cultivating a relationship with a local shop. The owner works the store and has a limited but eclectic selection of RDAs, RTAs, mods, etc. As expected, his main business is e-liquids, drop-in coils, and batteries. He refuses to carry anything SMOK, LOL. He expressed a willingness to order things in for me. Curiously he's been out of cotton for a while and said that his distributor has been out of it. I just received a large order of cotton bacon under the wire from Kanger Wholesale and I gave him a box of it in exchange for credit on a mod. For some reason he doesn't want to deal with them, but maybe he'll come around. I'm pretty well stocked up, so this relationship will be mainly for hanging out and socializing once or twice a month and buying something just because. One day there was a guy in there that recognized my noisy cricket. Stuff like that will keep me coming back.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I just received a large order of cotton bacon under the wire from Kanger Wholesale and I gave him a box of it in exchange for credit on a mod. For some reason he doesn't want to deal with them

You'll find this common in retail. Retailers like to deal with only one or 2 suppliers to keep their purchasing volume at a level where they receive X% wholesale discount. If they buy a little here and a little there, then their price goes up because they don't meet the threshold for a better discount on inventory.

However, I do find it odd that he would rather stay out of stock of something than buy some, even on Amazon, to keep his customers happy. That is a bad business decision on his part. Stay out of stock long enough and customers will find another source.

All in all, sounds like you have a decent shop there. I suspect this is not the norm these days in the USA.

PapawBrett

Retired
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 16, 2012
    Monroe NC
    But Papaw...
    Aren't these still the places you should be conversing with ?
    I am of the understanding that you are trying to get them to carry stuff that can keep people somewhat self sufficient ?
    Rebuildables and supplies and the mods to put them on ?
    Geeeee...I have visions of a B&M DIY Supply !!!

Mamaw told me as I was leaving that she was going to her niece's house at 11:00 to babysit the twins.
    And you are not supposed to disappoint the one who cooks your food and washes your clothes.
    So I was a little pressed for time. But I do intend to visit the one true vape shop again, maybe later today.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread