Talking to Vape Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAAB

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2019
New York
She wanted to sit and argue with me over starting my husband who smoked heavily for more than 40 years on 18mg ejuice in a Kabuki tank - I actually had to sit and teach her, and she owned the store.

I just watched this interesting video with Phil Busardo and Dimitris Agrafiotis. They actually talk to the guy who came up with the Kabuki tank. Dimitris brings up a good point. He feels that when the vaping industry lost its focus on smokers and focused more on vapers, the industry lost a lot of smokers who could have been converted, and those conversions could have led to more vaping voters who could have fought the political environment vapers now find themselves in.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I'm surrounded by vape shops and did some looking around online. Outside of convenience store products, disposables, cbd, they all carried Smok. One store carried Geekvape and high end, og mechs, tanks. They also carried "nic shots" to bump up nic content (synergy- that stuff is scary imo).

I'm kinda concerned that one manufacturer is dominating the local stores. I'd request that they carried more but I'm not a good customer since I doubled my stocking up budget when I realized there weren't good alternatives locally. I emailed a few shops in case they have stuff that wasn't featured.

Sent from my LM-G850 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I've heard that before, about shops being 90-100% Smok products. I guess some shops just like pist off customers. :D

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    I just watched this interesting video with Phil Busardo and Dimitris Agrafiotis. They actually talk to the guy who came up with the Kabuki tank. Dimitris brings up a good point. He feels that when the vaping industry lost its focus on smokers and focused more on vapers, the industry lost a lot of smokers who could have been converted, and those conversions could have led to more vaping voters who could have fought the political environment vapers now find themselves in.

Yeah I remember that interview, and he's right about losing focus on smokers who just want to quit smoking...

I quit smoking after 32 years, my husband smoked over 40 and is totally quit now, I also helped my brother and sister-in-law to quit smoking via vaping, and my BIL doesn't even vape anymore... my SIL ended up a dual user and my son completely quit smoking with vaping but he refused to stock up as he thought he was too young to mess with it..he just says he doesn't care, he'll go back to smoking if he can't get coils and ejuice..

But all in all, really good odds when you dial into a smokers needs.. and when the focus changed from that it was to the industries detriment.

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2012
    Ohio

Watched it live a day ago, great show! I rarely watch vape shows anymore but tuned in when I found out Zen was on. So great seeing him again! Met him back in 2012 at one of the Cons, I think it was the release of his sidewinder mech mod. Super fun to hear Cigar Babe too, wow it's been some time. Good times :) it was great reflecting back, seeing the direction things took and how they are slowly turning back towards the real reason people vape ...I honestly could relate to everything they were saying.
    it did make me wonder if the B&M vape shops will change attitude towards new vapers since they will be the go to for smokers looking to quit or will they continue on in a cloud.

Vapeon4Life

ECF Veteran
    Aug 28, 2020
    Nevada, USA
    ............ Dimitris brings up a good point. He feels that when the vaping industry lost its focus on smokers and focused more on vapers, the industry lost a lot of smokers who could have been converted, and those conversions could have led to more vaping voters who could have fought the political environment vapers now find themselves in.

Makes sense BUT the fact remains - There has been a hundred year, or more, war against tobacco - I say it goes all the way back to Columbus bringing tobacco to Europe.
    It probably would have made no difference - More than anything else, it is an established fact that vaping is much safer than smoking that is killing the industry!
    I said it before and I'll say it again the anti-tobacco
    tobacco nazis hate, more than any other form of tobacco use, vaping - They spent how many billions convincing the public that no form of tobacco {recreational tobacco use} is safe - And then comes vaping - they would and probably already did, kill to prove vaping was dangerous - They concentrate on
    'nicotine is addictive' because that is all they had and that was not working - So very conveniently a lung disease appears and kills a bunch of people - you have to be very naive to believe that that disease popped up conveniently after they were spending billions with media adds telling us almost every high school student in America was becoming an over night addict. {I exaggerate to make a point - As they exaggerated to create a negative public view}

Lies, lies and dam lies - They could not give a dam what the public thinks. Heresy is heresy, and promoting a safer tobacco product in the World of today's new 'Inquisition' is a no no -

Accept that you are a degenerate nicotine addict and maybe they will let you keep vaping - No other attitude is allowed by the Inquisition !!!

And if you don't believe me ask mike bloomberg, the Grand Inquisitor of vaping and all things tobacco related.

Last edited:

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    I'm surrounded by vape shops and did some looking around online. Outside of convenience store products, disposables, cbd, they all carried Smok. One store carried Geekvape and high end, og mechs, tanks. They also carried "nic shots" to bump up nic content (synergy- that stuff is scary imo).

I'm kinda concerned that one manufacturer is dominating the local stores. I'd request that they carried more but I'm not a good customer since I doubled my stocking up budget when I realized there weren't good alternatives locally. I emailed a few shops in case they have stuff that wasn't featured.

Sent from my LM-G850 using Tapatalk

Our local vape shop carries fairly decent gear, or at least they did about a year ago. Most of the more popular brands like geekvape and such..

But she never even tried to compete with the online stores, and never even set up a website for her store.

She is mainly geared toward the 20 something crowd though, lots of sub ohm tanks and rather devoid of anything MTL.. her prices are high, charging twice the price as you can buy any mod online, she's never carried much by way of DIY supplies like MTL wire or cotton...

But I do try to stop in from time to time... even going the route she took as a business model she made enough from the first store to expand and open two more...

Hoping all this stuff isn't the end for her, she's a pretty good kid - a 20-something herself.

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2012
    Ohio
    Makes sense BUT the fact remains - There has been a hundred year, or more, war against tobacco - I say it goes all the way back to Columbus bringing tobacco to Europe.
    It probably would have made no difference - More than anything else, it is an established fact that vaping is much safer than smoking that is killing the industry!
    I said it before and I'll say it again the anti-tobacco
    tobacco nazis hate, more than any other form of tobacco use, vaping - They spent how many billions convincing the public that no form of tobacco {recreational tobacco use} is safe - And then comes vaping - they would and probably already did, kill to prove vaping was dangerous - They concentrate on
    'nicotine is addictive' because that is all they had and that was not working - So very conveniently a lung disease appears and kills a bunch of people - you have to be very naive to believe that that disease popped up conveniently after they were spending billions with media adds telling us almost every high school student in America was becoming and over night addict. {I exaggerate to make a point - As they exaggerated to create a negative public view}

Lies, lies and dam lies - They could not give a dam what the public thinks. Heresy is heresy, and promoting a safer tobacco product in the World of today's new 'Inquisition' is a no no -

Accept that you are a degenerate nicotine addict and maybe they will let you keep vaping - No other attitude is allowed by the Inquisition !!!

And if you don't believe me ask mike bloomberg, the Grand Inquisitor of vaping and all things tobacco related.

Did you watch the video or just using the post for your platform?

Reactions: Opinionated

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    There has been a hundred year, or more, war against tobacco

There is no war against tobacco, just like there is no war against drugs. It's a facade to take your eye of the truth...the govt making money off of that which they say they are warring against.

The only war being waged is on people who try to cut in on their action.

The USG is a powerful mafia.

Anytime you hear "the war against", bend over, you're about to get :censored:

Last edited:

CAAB

ECF Veteran
    Feb 9, 2019
    New York
    So great seeing him again! Met him back in 2012 at one of the Cons, I think it was the release of his sidewinder mech mod. Super fun to hear Cigar Babe too, wow it's been some time. Good times :)

Yeah, watching that video, I realize that I missed out on a lot of the camaraderie and ingenuity of the early vaping days. The history of vaping is like dog years. Even though 2012 isn't that long ago in normal terms, that's like 63 vaping years ago.

CAAB

ECF Veteran
    Feb 9, 2019
    New York
    I quit smoking after 32 years, my husband smoked over 40 and is totally quit now, I also helped my brother and sister-in-law to quit smoking via vaping, and my BIL doesn't even vape anymore... my SIL ended up a dual user and my son completely quit smoking with vaping but he refused to stock up as he thought he was too young to mess with it..he just says he doesn't care, he'll go back to smoking if he can't get coils and ejuice..

Congrats on helping save lives through quitting smoking! I am optimistic that your son will be able to keep vaping if he chooses.

Vapeon4Life

ECF Veteran
    Aug 28, 2020
    Nevada, USA
    I am a degenerate nicotine addict :vapor:
    OK - You can keep vaping - Long as you don't enjoy it much And never touch those no nicotine vape juices
    - then you might enjoy vaping with no nicotine and the government Inquisition takes a dim view. Remember the inquisition says:

Stay safe - Stay addicted !!! :toast:

• Optimistic
    Reactions: CAAB

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    OK - You can keep vaping - Long as you don't enjoy it much And never touch those no nicotine vape juices
    - then you might enjoy vaping with no nicotine and the government Inquisition takes a dim view. Remember the inquisition says:

Stay safe - Stay addicted !!! :toast:

I've gone zero nicotine a couple times, the last time was fairly successful and lasted quite some time (6 months to a year, can't remember exactly) but of course I absolutely got stressed out one day and went back to nicotine... (I did stop for 3 months as well for a recent surgery - but that doesn't count because I didn't actually want to stop... lol)

The one thing about stopping nic, is after a while vaping itself becomes pointless.. lol, but very true. I ended up only taking a puff or two every couple days, I couldn't even keep a tank running with my consumption so low. Had to switch to an RDA for my occasional puff..

Someday though I do figure I'll just be done, and will forever be done at that point...

Until then? :smokie:

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    That's hilarious! I guess we don't have the faces for undercover work. Although someone once told me I have a good face for radio, so I should be all set.
    I've never flown a kite before, but it must be a lot of fun because people tell me to all the time. :laugh:

Vapeon4Life

ECF Veteran
    Aug 28, 2020
    Nevada, USA
    The one thing about stopping nic, is after a while vaping itself becomes pointless..
    Not really - I may start a post on the health benefits of vaping - With or without nicotine.

As William C. Douglass MD pointed out in his book "The Health Benefits of Tobacco"}, next to cigarette smoking the second leading cause of self induced preventable death is obesity - Overeating and overweight kills many - But the fast food industry has the money to keep the same people who are trying to take your vapes away from talking about this much. Again the vaping inquisition will not let the industry to advertise health benefits of vaping - But vaping, rich flavored vaping, could be used to satisfy the oral craving of compulsive overeaters. - Here nicotine might also help but is not necessary.

Anyway I dreamt I spoke to Mike B. {Michael Rubens Bloomberg {born Februasry 14, 1942 - Not yet deceased} about vaping as a way to control tobacco addicition and he said fine - As long as everyone gets a prescription from a Bloomberg approved doctor to use it.

Remember people these same psycho control freaks were there trying to do this to vitamins and supplements about 30 years ago - But we had enough people signing petitions in all the health food stores to stop them.

Unfortunately we do not have enough vapers to matter - So they suck our blood like vampires !

Last edited:

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston
    This is what is soon to be the largest issue:

e901d416-d66f-451e-8c8c-70bd38ab846e-png.936479

(@Fidola13 post from yesterday)

What is that, 91% tax?

I believe it is in Massachusetts. It’s the 1st time a company has added it to any purchases I’ve made.

The Powers that be want to kill us.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread