Not open for further replies.

Sandiej02

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2010
California Coast
www.artbysandie.com
Free, I was having the same problem... tank had plenty of juice in it, then all of a sudden BLAM, burnt nasty taste... It was the carto. I was putting 1 avg to small hole in it w/the saddle valve... Then I had a lucid moment and thought ~ lets try 2 holes ~ that was better, but not good enough. I reckon the 2 holes were just too small and too high up for the M1 tank. So now I have 1 carto with 2 much bigger holes using the saddle valve and I seem to have solved the problem... I feel much better knowing that I'm not the only one this is happened to. My juices aren't that thick 70/30 pg/vg. Altho my vg is pretty thick. So we shall see if I finally can have the success that most others seem to get from the fusions..

Just a quick question ... I (as you may know) solved my "flavor" problem, but have a new "issue". :)

I bought some 801 fushions, punched two holes in it with a saddle valve, and put them in a tank I have. NOTHING. It wouldn't fire ... even put the tank on my ego, and still nothing. Thought I had a "dead" carto so went through the entire process again with a new 801 carto. Again, NOTHING. Can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. The fusions are great if I attach them directly to my IPro ... but will NOT work in my tank. Hum ... strange (I'm starting to think everything I do is a little "strange". ha,ha).

Anyone have this problem before or have any idea what I'm doing wrong? Is it possible that when I'm punching a hole into the fusions ... I'm breaking a wire or something??

Just wondering if anyone has had this happen to them before. :)

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
Wow Sandie, you are having a streak of bad luck :( Did you test these cartos before you put them in the tank? Or did you try pulling them out of the tank and testing them to see if they fire outside of the tank? I don't see how you could break the wire unless you are punching all the way from one side to the other lol.

You have me stumped again!

Sandiej02

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2010
California Coast
www.artbysandie.com
I'm baffled as to this one... The only thing I can think of is a connection issue. Carto not making contact w/top screw??? Dunno.. BUT I'm sure someone w/more experience will come along and figure it out :).. Good Luck!

Connection issue sounds like that's what it could be ... but cartos working when placed directly onto the IPro (Or eGo) - only not in the tank. Strange ... maybe adapter issue. Well, I'll keep working on it. It's probably a simple fix (again). Ha, ha.

Thanks again to everyone who replied! :)

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
Got some proper 1/4-20 sheet metal screws in, they do a beautiful job punching cartos in a hub.

Insert carto in hub. Tighten screw until you feel pressure of it contacting the carto. Two more full turns and back it out. Nice hole, minimal deformation (since the hub is just slightly larger diameter than the carto), impossible for the screw to skid (it is guided by a 1/3" 1/4-20 hole in the hub).

The burnt taste also depends on the juice you're vaping. On the same carto (I use 2.8 ohms Boges on my Ipro), Halo juices taste well at high voltages, 100% VG COV juices taste burnt. Can't go higher than about 4.5 volts with COV juices if you want them to taste good. Just wanted to point that out. I also have 2.5 ohms cartomizers that will taste burnt with any juice, simply because they're bad cartos, some brands of cartos have to be avoided in my opinion. Try to dial your voltage when you vape another juice, not only when you change your resistance.

Last edited:

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
punched.jpg Oh, forgot to mention -- this particular punch hub is "M1A1 Optimized" :) The hub has enough height so that the hole ends up in, essentially, the perfect location based on M1A1 cap thickness. Drop a fusion carto in until the fusion flange contacts the hub surface (it won't go any further -- the hub ID is 0.375", just barely larger than the body of a carto). Tighten screw until you feel contact. Two more, full, turns, and back the screw out.

The attached shows where the hole is. I put two in, 180 degrees apart, works beautifully :) Very little deformation -- the hub shaft keeps the carto from flexing much.

(If you have a tank with thicker end cap, just leave a couple mm of the carto bottom sticking out of the hub.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread