Status
Not open for further replies.

tidegirl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2011
Panama City, FL
Tide, are you rebuilding your coils yourself? How do you determine what the resistance is on one? I'm not familiar with building them but doesn't the coil wrap determine the res. on those? Mike did say that could cause problems.

I am testing them with a meter. Yes, the coil wrap does determine the resistance. Here is the video if you want to see how I am doing them, go to about 16 minutes, it runs to about 22 minutes.

Someone said with the ego picking up a short that it could be the wires not trimmed close enough. I trimmed them as close as I could with my wire cutters- there is nothing sticking out that you could grab hold of but you can feel the end of the wire with your finger. Maybe it is a slight short, one that the ego will pick up (I read somewhere that they are overly sensitive) but the I pro will not?

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Tide, are you rebuilding your coils yourself? How do you determine what the resistance is on one? I'm not familiar with building them but doesn't the coil wrap determine the res. on those? Mike did say that could cause problems.

Length or # of wraps and thickness of the wire determine the resistance.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
I guess I will test them on my overly sensitive ego as well as testing resistance before vaping them on my precious I pro until I get more proficient with rebuilding. I don't care if I mess up the ego. :D

Well the IPro will just kick the protection circuit and protect itself before you can hurt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread