Ipro suddenly died after not even 2 months of use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tumbler

Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Virginia
All was well until last night. I thought my batteries were maybe starting to lose life, so I replaced them and then this morning, I thought the second set drained awfully quick. I put in my third set and nothing.

There is a slight red light at times and now no light at all with fully charged batteries.

All three set of batteries that I have (same age as Ipro) are all fully charged.

What's next?

Btw, center screw is not loose. Already checked that.

BuzzKill

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2009
Central Coast Ca.
www.notcigs.com
We have had a few of the blocking diodes go south over time , this is the reverse battery diode it protects the circuit from batts in backwards , this might be the problem ?? also check the batts for corrosion or gunk on the contacts and make sure they are clean .

If it is the diode we have to replace the PCB , but this is covered under warranty.

bbb

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2010
Florida
tumbler, I had similar symptoms with my IP after about a month and needed to replace the pcb ... as Mike said, he's had a few of these go bad and it's part of custom pcb mfg

sure, I was upset, but I never said anything bad about the IP performance ... when they work, they work great

mine is like brand new again and I'm very happy with my Infinity Pro

took about 6 days to get it back, altho that included a weekend

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
These things happen. He don't make all the parts inside and it could have a bad diode like Mike said. The nice thing is you know you not only have one of the best PVs money can buy but also the best customer service so it will be fixed. Even brand new cars break down and have recalls for parts that are bad they put in them.

tumbler

Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Virginia
I'm doing fine with my ego. My husband has what was my Provari. I was waiting for a reply from buzz on what to do next. I guess I'm just glad it died during the warranty period.

Tomorrow is going to be my one year anniversary of quitting cigarettes. When my IPro died at work, I didn't have a back up. I didn't want a cigarette, but it did show me I still needed nicotine!!

908Tracy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2010
NJ
tumbler,

I believe you can email them at sales@notcigs.com. They can give you all the specs from there. HTH!

P.S.- I was one of the "others" who vaped and smoked for awhile at the same time, but finally quit analogs all together on Aug 31st last year. I still can't believe I did it though. Took me awhile, but made it happen. ;) Congrats on quitting immediately! That's awesome.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread