Infinity pro Anatomy question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izord

ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2011
USA
I unscrewed the terminal screw on the top of my IP. Under it were a black washer, and a clear washer, and there was an o-ring around the screw, or maybe just below it.

I was trying to get better airflow.

I had a carto that was gurgling and a little juice had leaked down around the screw and plugged the airflow. There's a little hole on the side of the top-cap that I think is meant as an air-channel? I couldn't blow through it till I cleaned the juice out with a bit of paper towel and blowing.

So I got the juice cleaned out, then I was trying to find the best set-up with a good properly punched 510 carto in my M1A1 tank. Now I have a good feeding carto (resurrector with a small hole drilled not quite half an inch up).

I have the o-ring in first. It's not supposed to go above the screw is it? Then I have the black washer and not the white washer, then the screw. I seem to have pretty good air flow and draw. Everything is working pretty good. Does that sound like a pretty good setup for a 510 carto? Leaving the clear white washer out? I tried it with both the black and clear white washer off, and the IP still worked. Why am I getting an electrical connection with the different screw heights? Is it spring loaded? Or am I just not screwing the carto down as far when the washers are in there.

Just have a few questions. I can blow through the little hole on the side of the top cap when the tank/carto is off. But when I put on the tank/carto, even though I can draw fine through the tip of the carto, obstructing the little hole in the top cap doesn't seem to change the draw. How is air flowing through the carto when the hole is obstructed? Is the hole supposed to be a vent?

Is the air supposed to flow down through the screw threads where the carto screws on to the IP?

Is most of the air supposed to flow into the carto (510) through the center hole at the end (the center of the battery contact) or through the two little holes in the 510 carto just above the screws?

About the o-ring around the screw. Is it supposed to be under the screw or above it?

I think a little juice might have leaked down below the o-ring, that's why at first I couldn't blow through the side hole in the top cap of the infinity.

Could a little have leaked down further and that's why my red light stopped working for a few hours yesterday? Should I try to clean out the electronics of my IP with alcohol? Like as pure rubbing alchohol as I can find, maybe 92%? Safe?

I know this is a lot of darn questions, BuzzKill. :blush:

Izord

ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2011
USA
I used a strip of saran wrap to block off the two little airholes on the threaded sides of the cartos, and now I realize that on some of my cartos the little holes provide airflow, and on some cartos they don't. On my dual coil cartos the little air holes don't seem to allow any air to flow, it all flows through the center hole of the battery terminal.

On my single coil cartos the little air holes seem to flow about as much as the center hole.

But when I put a dual coil, where all the air flows through the center hole onto the IP, blocking the side hole in the end cap doesn't seem to effect the flow at all, so the air must be flowing down around the threads in the 510 into the center hole.

So hows the air flowing into the center hole of the carto, if it's not flowing through the side hole in the cap of the IP? It's got to be flowing down around the threads. But why isn't it flowing through the side hole? Do I have something blocked up?

Izord

ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2011
USA
So I screwed a carto on the IP and then wrapped Saran Wrap around where the carto screws into the IP and I get zero flow. No draw.

But when I take off the carto, I can blow through the end of the IP just fine unless I block the side hole of the end-cap.

The screw must be blocking airflow into the carto, and all the air draw is working it's way down around the screwthreads where the carto screws on to the IP.

Should I dremel the philips screw slots out a little more so air can flow through them into the center hole of the Carto?

Ruppy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2010
WV
OK first note

The hole in the side is strictly to get grip on the top cap. Its to tighten and loosen the cap. Has no impact on air flow.

Some cartos seal around the screw. This is why you get no flow.

Solution 1
Use a 510 to 510 adapter. This will solve the air flow.

Solution 2
Get a flat head screw (mike will probably send you one if you ask)

You might have juice inside. As long as its firing properly I wouldnt worry about it at the moment. Cleaning is a possibility if your having issues. Mike can walk you through it if you have questions.

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
The airflow of your carto is not dependent of the construction of your PV. Air goes into the side holes on you carto connector, down to the center hole into the grooves on the center post, then up to the coils. Sometimes, if you get crud in the side holes, it'll cause a tight draw. The tip of a safety pin is a good tool to have.

Don't destroy you IP. Put it back together. Go to the modder's section and start building a PV from scratch. Seems like you're a tinkerer.

Izord

ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2011
USA
Got it thanks. Was putting the O-ring in the wrong place.

My cartos have a little slot at the end of the battery connector. I'm going to enlarge it a little and extend it through the threads. (of the carto)

Or maybe not, I see what you mean about airflow through the carto. When I was trying to figure it out I was pressing too hard on the end of the carto and completely blocked the air flow through it.

Any recommendations on what cartos have really good airflow? I wish the ones I have flowed better.

My IP seems to be in perfect working order. No scratches or dremeling was done.

Last edited:

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
The best advice to solve air flow problems would be to get an adapter as Ruppy suggested. Cartos are mass produced and not all uniform. I've had cartos from the same box where some were tight draw and others were like sucking air thru a straw.

Good Profits or MadVapes have decently priced 510 to 510 shortie (stealth) adapters :)

Izord

ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2011
USA
V2 510 Shorty Extension Sealed or Regular? Thanks.

The best advice to solve air flow problems would be to get an adapter as Ruppy suggested. Cartos are mass produced and not all uniform. I've had cartos from the same box where some were tight draw and others were like sucking air thru a straw.

Good Profits or MadVapes have decently priced 510 to 510 shortie (stealth) adapters :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread