Not open for further replies.

kwcharlie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2009
Houston
acrigs.com
you have to test the carts when they are off the bUZZ,
you put one lead to the center of the cart (the hardest to connect to since it's the smallest, BUT does have a 'hole' to put the probe in) and the other lead to the threaded part of the cart, not east to do since they are so close together. if your cart is silver you can put the lead (that would have gone to the threaded part on the end) on just the case of it since it is the same as the threaded part (and doesn't have any paper/paint to insulate it because silver) and easier to place away from the probe your putting on that little center post inside the threaded ring on the end

BuzzKill

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2009
Central Coast Ca.
www.notcigs.com
Make sure you will br tightening the CROSS HEAD screw on the side ( Or Phillips head screw ) the slotted one is for the voltage adjustment !

Loosen it and then tighten is several times , then let us know what happens , also try holding the button down and loosen the bottom cap , does the Blue light light up ??

vaporgalinfla

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
May 7, 2010
Florida
Make sure you will br tightening the CROSS HEAD screw on the side ( Or Phillips head screw ) the slotted one is for the voltage adjustment !

Loosen it and then tighten is several times , then let us know what happens , also try holding the button down and loosen the bottom cap , does the Blue light light up ??

Bad news - the Phillips head screw is so tight on the side that it won't budge.

Another observation - When I push the button, nothing happens at all if there's not a carto on it. With a carto on it, the light turns red. Just tried loosening the bottom of the cap while holding the button - the light stays red.

As mentioned in my earlier post, the black o ring is on both (silver and purple). It's not effecting the silver one at all. Should I remove it from the purple buzz or is it not an issue?

vaporgalinfla

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
May 7, 2010
Florida
Vg I am as technically challenged as you but did you clen the anodizing off the inside threads? That is what the fix was for mine and several others.

I can, but I don't know if that will help. I switched the endcaps between the silver and purple. Neither work on the purple; both work on the silver.

vaporgalinfla

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
May 7, 2010
Florida
Ok one last thing to try
with the batteries in the unit, tap it in your hand until you hear the batteries bounce inside the tube , some times we will get a bad contact to the bottom of the PCB and this can help .
I need to look into putting a spring on the PCB bottom

Tried it while getting very strange looks from my husband. Still isn't working, but I noticed that right after I tap it a few times, the light flickers for a second when I push the button even without a carto screwed on the top.

kwcharlie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2009
Houston
acrigs.com
Tried it while getting very strange looks from my husband. Still isn't working, but I noticed that right after I tap it a few times, the light flickers for a second when I push the button even without a carto screwed on the top.
OK, try pulling the spring on the bottom cap longer, just grab the top and pull it until the middle loops elongate, your trying to make it push the batteries together better and make better contact with the top inside the tube

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
It's a good thing Mike has excellent customer service. If you can't get it going send it to him. On my Buzz the screw holding the spring loosened up. Try loosening it and tightening it. One other thing I had one of my batteries got a little oxidized right where it touched the other battery. I cleaned it with my knife and it started working.

Last edited:

kwcharlie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2009
Houston
acrigs.com
It's a good thing Mike has excellent customer service. If you can't get it going send it to him. On my Buzz the screw holding the spring loosened up. Try loosening it and tightening it.
ya that's what realigning the flux capacitor looks like: sending it back to Mike, but I'm still thinking KISS

El Dee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2010
DIXIE
I'm suspecting a loss of ground where the cap screws in...That was Salem's problem. Mike said they didn't re-clean the blemished Buzzs. Salem solved by cleaning with a dremel and wire brush....If you can't see clean aluminum threads inside the Buzz tube...I screwed my cap almost off and it still fires....

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
Before you cleaned it, did you try swapping out the end cap with your other one? If so, then I'm going to try it.

No I didn't. I read the troubleshooting thread and followed the instructions there and it worked. You really need to do this before sending back. Remember I suggested doing this as soon as you got it so that you wouldn't have to go through what I did?
I cleaned and put noalox on the threads and it has worked like a charm since.

Last edited:

BuzzKill

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2009
Central Coast Ca.
www.notcigs.com
Salem I have a sneaking feeling that I will need to get it in to fix ! , so you have swapped batteries with the other one right ??

and you were not able to loosen the cross head screw ? it uses a #1 cross head screwdriver

the Purple ones had the anodizing removed ONLY the silver did not

Try and loosen then tighten the TOP cap one time and see , other wise I need to see it , I have had some issues with my new PCB order and the low battery IC , It seems to be causing more problems than it is worth !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread