Why is the draw so tight on my Buzz Pro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

my4jewels

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2011
Maine
Well, why is the draw tight on my Buzz Pro? I have a nice little VV boxmod, and I love the draw on it. When I put the same carto on my BP, the draw is tighter. I'm using a Boge sr carto in a tank.

On recommendation from another member, I got some slotted head screws from Mike to replace the philip's head screw inside the top of the BP. I replaced the screw, the draw is still tight.

I know the tip to only screw the carto down until it's just making contact, but nada. Also, if you're going to say to try a 510-510 extender, I don't want to because it's long enough to begin with.

My little boxmod was 1/3 the price, but I am liking the draw better, although I want the durability of my BP. Any suggestions?

my4jewels

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2011
Maine
Yes, the BP is tighter. It's not "too tight" to draw, just tighter than the boxmod I've been using. BTW, I'm not complaining, just wondering...

This is a pic of my boxmod connection.

398333037.jpg

Last edited:

BuzzKill

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2009
Central Coast Ca.
www.notcigs.com
Same carto. I tried it on a Riva, and it draws the same as the BP. I tried it on an ego, and it draws like my boxmod.

You must be bored today to be troubleshooting this little thing so hard for me...
LOL I just finished my new PCB design for the V-Max so I have some time now ! No problem , Like 5CS says there is a lot of variation in the designs so they wander .

They're all different. It's because there is no uniformity in the carto atty industry. I have some that are tighter on the Buzz Pro and some that are airier on the Buzz Pro. It's the same with every PV I have. I found the easiest thing to do is use adapters. Then I can adust the draw on them.

Thanks 5!!!!

my4jewels

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2011
Maine
I don't think the screw made too much difference. I'm good with it, though. My BP was never unusable, just a little tighter. All these changes, tanks, VV, etc.. My vaping world is much more fun now, and I can deal with a little bit of a stiff draw. When I first started vaping, I preferred a stiffer draw, guess I got lazy...

Did the change to slotted head screw make any difference (big change on an 808 connection, made it go from unusable to firm-but-good)?

my4jewels

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2011
Maine
Nope. I did it gently, though, 'cuz I didn't want to mess up the threads. It just draws a little stiffer. I've tried other cartos on it as well, same thing. Maybe I've just gotten used to a lighter draw...and, like I said, I got lazy along the way.

I just put a ressurector carto in my tank, just to try a different carto. And, of course, turned the voltage way down. It vapes the same way. It's a lighter draw on my boxmod and ego, stiffer on my riva and BP.

p.s. Wow, these ressurectors are great at around 3.7V!! Just got them, first one I tried. You tried 'em yet?

If you loosen the 510 and rock it back and forth does the draw change ?

Ruppy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2010
WV
My4, what 5CS said about adapters is a great point.

I would say the Draw on your BP is the norm for the average 510. If you really like the airier draw, a 510-510 adapter would make a world of difference. only downside is added height

Personally if it were me, Id go to a 808/901 cap on my BP with a 808->510 adapter. These work perfect for adjustable draw and let me go from annoyingly tight to wind tunnel ;) Perfect adjustable draw for under 20 bucks. a 808/901 with a 510 adapter is the same height as the standard 510 cap ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread