Not open for further replies.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
Salem I have a sneaking feeling that I will need to get it in to fix ! , so you have swapped batteries with the other one right ??

and you were not able to loosen the cross head screw ? it uses a #1 cross head screwdriver

the Purple ones had the anodizing removed ONLY the silver did not

Try and loosen then tighten the TOP cap one time and see , other wise I need to see it , I have had some issues with my new PCB order and the low battery IC , It seems to be causing more problems than it is worth !

Oh No!!! I had lots of black come off my purple one and it has worked since. I am getting my back up silver tomorrow so if you think that I need to send my purple in I will. I cleaned it on Saturday and it has worked fine but I would rather be safe than sorry.

That black swap will get to you tomorrow. Did you send the swap out with my order on Tuesday? I got the shipping notice but not sure if 3 are in that pkg or just the 2 that I ordered.

vaporgalinfla

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
May 7, 2010
Florida
It's a good thing Mike has excellent customer service. If you can't get it going send it to him. On my Buzz the screw holding the spring loosened up. Try loosening it and tightening it. One other thing I had one of my batteries got a little oxidized right where it touched the other battery. I cleaned it with my knife and it started working.

I have all new batteries (six sets). Also, I've tried more than one set. The screw holding the spring was a little loose, so I just tightened it. Didn't help. Thanks for trying to help though!

vaporgalinfla

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
May 7, 2010
Florida
Salem I have a sneaking feeling that I will need to get it in to fix ! , so you have swapped batteries with the other one right ??

Yes - tried three different sets of batteries.

and you were not able to loosen the cross head screw ? it uses a #1 cross head screwdriver

Nope... Just bought a new set of screwdrivers tonight. We just tried again, the screw is so tight that it's getting stripped now (screwdriver doesn't look too good either!).

the Purple ones had the anodizing removed ONLY the silver did not

Try and loosen then tighten the TOP cap one time and see , other wise I need to see it , I have had some issues with my new PCB order and the low battery IC , It seems to be causing more problems than it is worth !

Loosened and tightened the top - didn't help. I'll email you. For now, I'll use hubby's silver buzz.

Last edited:

vaporgalinfla

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
May 7, 2010
Florida
No I didn't. I read the troubleshooting thread and followed the instructions there and it worked. You really need to do this before sending back. Remember I suggested doing this as soon as you got it so that you wouldn't have to go through what I did?
I cleaned and put noalox on the threads and it has worked like a charm since.

I do remember you telling me that, but since I swapped the end caps out, I figured that wasn't the problem. I still think it seems really strange that it happened immediately after I changed batteries today. Who knows... I know nothing about electronics, other than finally understanding how to use my voltage meter. :)

vaporgalinfla

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
May 7, 2010
Florida
I was looking at mine trying to figure out anything I could to help and when I removed the top cap I broke the wire off. No biggie, I'll solder it back on tomorrow. Just thought you might get a laugh out of it. :laugh:

I'm sorry that you broke the wire off! This tells me though that I might need to learn how to use soldering equipment! I can already imagine next weekend's shopping list... :)

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
Oh No!!! I had lots of black come off my purple one and it has worked since. I am getting my back up silver tomorrow so if you think that I need to send my purple in I will. I cleaned it on Saturday and it has worked fine but I would rather be safe than sorry.

That black swap will get to you tomorrow. Did you send the swap out with my order on Tuesday? I got the shipping notice but not sure if 3 are in that pkg or just the 2 that I ordered.

Hey Mike, I will send my purple to you tomorrow. Email incoming for RA

BuzzKill

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2009
Central Coast Ca.
www.notcigs.com
Got it Salem , I will get it fixed ASAP! we take failures very seriously and try very hard to keep the turn around time to 1 day max. 2 days ( depends on me !! )
I think we covered everything that we could in this thread to fix it .

THANKS to all who pitched in to help you all are GREAT !! it is very helpful to me as well so THANKS !!!

5card we increased the wire size now so breaking should not be that much of a problem , my PCBA maker used some crap wire on one batch but we got that sorted out .

God I LOVE MFG !!! Not %%%%

kwcharlie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2009
Houston
acrigs.com
You know it hasn't been a problem yet but our silver one only has a blue light. Never turns red just stops when batteries are dead. Maybe it has just a blue led?
or a broken wire/resistor/joint to the blue side, they are the smallest wires Mike has to install on the PCB, a just one color LED has only two wires and they test the LED so it's not bad. Always been like that?

El Dee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2010
DIXIE
Dang...now it looks to be my turn....Getting about 45 minutes out of a set of batts...tested fresh off the charger 4.18 for both....Buzz output at 4.45...did remove o-ring as Mike said...808 is not making contact and Buzz appears to be operating normally..maybe a little warmer than usual....4 sets of batts in rotation...usually a set has charged by the time I need to change...2 sets charging very red now....This 808 is getting some age...I'm thinking it may be the problem...Does resistence increase with use?? Meter ohms at .2.....808 at 2.8 drops to 2.7...did find a bit of paper towel in the connector...juice soaked of course......

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
or a broken wire/resistor/joint to the blue side, they are the smallest wires Mike has to install on the PCB, a just one color LED has only two wires and they test the LED so it's not bad. Always been like that?

Yes. Never had any red in the LED since we got it last Thursday. When the batteries are dead the light just goes out. Don't tell me that I have to send another one back?

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
Dang...now it looks to be my turn....Getting about 45 minutes out of a set of batts...tested fresh off the charger 4.18 for both....Buzz output at 4.45...did remove o-ring as Mike said...808 is not making contact and Buzz appears to be operating normally..maybe a little warmer than usual....4 sets of batts in rotation...usually a set has charged by the time I need to change...2 sets charging very red now....This 808 is getting some age...I'm thinking it may be the problem...Does resistence increase with use?? Meter ohms at .2.....808 at 2.8 drops to 2.7...did find a bit of paper towel in the connector...juice soaked of course......

I guess that I will remove the o ring too although I like it on there with my 808s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread