• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Fasttech Veterans

Status
Not open for further replies.

trouble1000

PV Master of Valinor
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Rochdale, Lancs, GB
www.puffin-eliquid.com
So guys and gals, here it is the new "Anyone here used fasttech" thread.

I'm the one who started the original thread, so it's only fitting I should do the honours on this new one :laugh:

We're a friendly bunch, so stop in and say hi. Plenty of experience here of ordering from fasttech, so any questions, ask away.

We're all on first name terms here, lets keep things informal and fun - my name's Ian. We normal talk too much, and not always about fasttech, so don't be put off if there's pages about TV, food and most importantly booze :laugh:

Everyone's welcome, even if you're from across the pond - this is the UK forum after all :laugh:

Link to the old thread, not sure how long it will be accessible though :

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...one-here-used-fasttech-1445.html#post14855815

Last edited:

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
Just been told I am now on list for one of the first British built Wood DNA200s from "windows" on AAEC, here's a couple of piccies:
20150808_160947.jpg
20150808_161022.jpg

trouble1000

PV Master of Valinor
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Rochdale, Lancs, GB
www.puffin-eliquid.com
So here's my latest creation. The "blue dragon" is belching out vapour :lol:

Finished it off this morning. It's a very, very tight fit. 1oz tobacco tin, dual parallel batteries, Mosfet and 15k resistor, orange voltmeter, FDV 510 connector. I had to add extra insulation at the battery tray, cos it touches the tin and also at the 510 cos it almost touches the battery tray when an atty with a long 510 is screwed in. Had to do some serious surgery to the battery tray and Mosfet to fit it all in. But as the wires are so short, the voltage drop is only 0.02 volts. It took me longer to suss out the placement of the parts than it did to build the thing. Also had to add an extra nut to the top of the 510 so the lid will shut. It's not perfect, but I like it :D

smSvdS0TAhotJcaB1E88TFyGf8GsOvNEMjXgKIAbGSg=w237-h529-no

V72QDmUNbaJIUtjDe5MRM4sTApQCAjZJQkZREVNZ_aI=w187-h529-no

lggnfc1rSxMXNGy5kfW1_CsUkzLgoPJtQAHPrBXeDZw=w275-h529-no

txpuunuTzjDHy8-AcrEKmtFtH2lOVNr-ftXIH4aR1Fs=w954-h348-no

Brynglas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
ΩFlint MountainΩ
It all makes me really angry - governments are hypocrites:

I can only guess at the revenue lost from tax on tobacco in recent years

Agree there Trish, .......s.:-x
And all that time they told us the revenue was laid off against the cost to the NHS.:laugh:If i didn't laugh,i'd cry.
Now the cost is dropping to the NHS,they want the money for other things like the HSL.

dw117

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2014
Kernow
In wattage mode with Kanthal, I would agree with you, but wattage in TP mode is irrelevant and should not really have been included, it is designed to run at full watts, and the TP then reduces the wattage to accommodate the required temp, if you watch the display while you are vaping you will see that the wattage jumps up at the beginning and then drops down and back up and back down ad infinitum.

I know what you're saying Bob, just let the chip do the work, but most of the time I do alter my wattage to suit the temp because I think a higher wattage will overshoot the temp you want and then come back down, I like it to fire at a power where it reaches the temp after 1-2 seconds and then reduces the power to maintain it. I like to think of it as a smoother curve.

I'm thinking of getting an iStick 50, but before I do I thought I'd check to see if it had any little foibles or performance issues. I can see that it is about twice as heavy as the 20 watt so not as shirt pocket friendly, but it does have the spring loaded stainless connector and I'm getting a bit fed up using the adapters to protect the thread all the time, any thoughts ?

I've had mine for a month or so, used it loads and only have minor complaints. It has never autofired on me. The 510 threads seem like tough stainless steel to me and the 510 pin is spring loaded, my only problem is that the spring is quite stiff, especially initially and one or two of my RDAs with long pins don't screw down flush to the mod (hobo and magma). I use mine mostly with the subtank mini, lemos or marquis RDA and they all screw down fine. Overall I'm pleased with mine.

dw117

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2014
Kernow
Chefs concentrates and stuff arrived today, mixed them up and will leave a day or two before I try them. They smell pleasant though although I was surprised the millionaire's shortbread is completely clear in colour.

Had a go yesterday at rebuilding an OCC coil, using rip trippers video as a rough guide. The coil building is easy enough but getting the right amount of cotton wicking in is tough. Tried a few different amounts and if it's too much you get dry hits quickly and not enough and it floods and drips down into the airflow control area. Got one that doesn't flood much now but it's still not perfect. Think I'll probably stick to using the RBA deck.

trouble1000

PV Master of Valinor
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Rochdale, Lancs, GB
www.puffin-eliquid.com
Guess who's back !!!

I've had a hectic few weeks, so don't worry, I've not been abducted by Aliens or got married in Ireland :pervy:

One of the blokes at work knew I used to have my own Garage business, so when his brother decided to set up his own, he asked me if I'd help him out. Turns out the brother is a great mechanic, but hopeless on the business side. So, I've been employed in an advisory role, while he got things off the ground. Ended up being a lot more involved than I thought it would be. He had already signed the lease for renting the property, but I had to help out with everything else. So now it's fully equipped with the right equipment. I set up his VAT, NI and PAYE accounts. Helped him find a couple of qualified assistant mechanics as well as a couple of trainees - some of the applicants weren't even fit to make a cup of tea, let alone work on motors :laugh:. I also sorted him out with a decent Accountant and Business Bank Account.

Now it's been up and running for a week or so, I can finally step back and let him get on with it. I have been handsomely rewarded for my time though ;)

So with all that and doing the day job as well, I've not had much chance to frequent the forums (I did join UKV a couple of weeks back, when I had a spare hour - but that's been about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread