Looking for an update on ordering from FastTech

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all, first post here and absolute beginner to the vaping world. I started on some Blu e-cigs awhile ago but my charger gave out (twice), so I'm looking to get myself a respectable Mod. I've done a lot of research and stuffs, and I've heard the Vamo V series are usually pretty good mods. They're variable watt/voltage, simple, and I like how they look. So I stumbled upon what looks like an amazing deal from fast tech for a Vamo V5 Kit. While researching the fasttech website, I stumbled upon this forum and a very helpful stickied post about the Fast Tech website. I was going to post my question there but, seeing as I'm a new member, I'm not allowed to, so I'll post here hoping for an answer. The stickied post mentioned FastTech is based in China, that they do sometimes sell clones, etc etc. They also mentioned the actual shipping process in that it goes through lots of steps, and can get hung up and take forever. There was a couple of months where FastTech was having issues getting orders to people in December, when the ordered were place in September, due to Customs cracking down hard. MY QUESTION IS has anyone ordered anything from them recently that can give me an update on how things are now? Did you actually receive your item, how long did it take, any hang-ups, etc etc?

Also, some information as to whether the Vamos they sell are authentic and not clones? The stickied post made it seem like you guys kinda had what was and what wasn't a clone down tight. :laugh:

and what do you all think of the Vamo V5? :confused:

I'd post the link up for the item but, I'm sort of a new member...it's the "VAMO V5 Variable Voltage/Wattage APV Starter Kit"

Thank you so much for your time and any answers I get! Happy vaping! :D

Elizabeth Baldwin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
The problems previously with shipping was due to their celebration of the New Year and Holidays.

I order frequently from them. All my orders arrive from 2 to 3 weeks from date of shipment.

When you order, pay close attention to the area that says "ships next day" or "ships in 3 days" or whatever it says there for the product you are ordering. That adds to your overall time. I try to stick with things that ship within a day or 2. I ordered a Kayfun clone and it took over 2 weeks just to ship because they had back orders on them. That wasn't their fault. The factory making them just wasn't producing enough at that time.

Their clones will say they are clones. They sell both authentic items as well as clones. The Vamos they have are authentic.

Good luck.

1LastShot

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2012
Right behind you
I have ordered from them several times. I was one that took 2 months to get an order because of a mailing mix up before they switched carriers i believe. After a month it got sent back to them instead of me. They immediately refunded my money, giving me the option to order elsewhere if i chose, and i respected that. That is the only time it has taken more than a few weeks. Never order if you *need* it soon, but if you can wait by all means go for it. The price is worth it even if you get a dud or two IMO.

Sent via tapatalk

INXS

May 20, 2013
Chicago, Il, USA
Hello Cristian, welcome to the forum.

I have placed many orders with FastTech, as a matter of fact; I have placed 6 different orders with them just this month. If an item is stock, it generally gets delivered to my door between 14 and 21 days. One of the orders from last week was in stock, packaged and shipped the same day. I expect to receive it later this week, or early next week.

If an item is not in stock, based on information received from their supplier they will indicate how many days it will take to replenish their inventory. Now I can assure you that the suppliers don’t always come through with the promised dates, which causes customers much frustration, especially for the folks that want instant gratification.

If you have to have something very quickly, that may not be the place to shop. I have never been disappointed with the quality and prices of products that I have received from them.

I have ordered, received, and been very satisfied with ( 1) Vamo V2, (3) Vamo V3 and (1) Vamo V5, and they have all preformed as advertised and are all still in great working order.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
At the moment I receive my orders in 3-4 weeks. That's in Northern Europe, seems like it's faster to North America (not sure where you're located). I had the Vamo 5 for a while but I liked my Innokin SVD better. Feels sturdier, and mine has worked flawlessly for eight months now. Many like the Vamo though. The Fasttech SVD is authentic, and there is no such thing as a clone Vamo. It's more of a type label, many different manufacturers. In any case, I'd recommend that you not buy the kit. The batteries and charger aren't good, and might even put you in danger. A good charger at fasttech is the Nitecore i2 (and i4). For batteries the Panasonic pd/pf (2900 mAh) are good. The Sony vtc4 and vtc5 are very good, and batteries by AW and Efest can also be recommended. Order your batteries from your country though, from a reputable vendor, as battery orders from China will take very long and might even be stopped at customs.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

HDMontana

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2014
Montana
I have heard that if your package contains batteries, it could get hung up in customs. Also, the charger and batteries included in an inexpensive kit, are usually not very good. I would suggest ordering the single Vamo V5, and order the batteries and charger state side. I got a Vamo from Fast tech, and it got to me in 9 days from shipping day. Faster than any other package I got from them. When I ordered, it said ships in 5 days, but only took 3 days to ship.

HD.

I have heard that if your package contains batteries, it could get hung up in customs. Also, the charger and batteries included in an inexpensive kit, are usually not very good. I would suggest ordering the single Vamo V5, and order the batteries and charger state side. I got a Vamo from Fast tech, and it got to me in 9 days from shipping day. Faster than any other package I got from them. When I ordered, it said ships in 5 days, but only took 3 days to ship.

HD.

That's extremely sound reasoning. It does sound like batteries could cause a hang up in the shipping process, and like you said, they don't seem at all like very good batteries. That's probably what I'll end up doing. I'll see if I can find the single Vamo on their site. I found them elsewhere but I really want the polished brass one. All the other ones look too bland lol

THANK YOU ALL for your promt responses. I think I'm going to like it here :2cool:

v1k1ng1001

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2012
Edinburg, TX
1. I just received a couple shipments from them, both in under two weeks.

2. Do not order batteries from FT as it will dramatically slow down shipping. i.e I would order your mod from FT and maybe even your charger, and then buy batteries stateside from discountvapers or 101vape, etc.

3. I have had a Vamo for a year and I am generally unimpressed. The innokin SVD or MVP 2.0 will cost you a bit more but are worth the slight upgrade in terms of build quality and durability. There are other choices out there too.

oxidus

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
Canada
Check the reviews and forum posts on fattech. I've received extremely old versions of products from them. Returned them, then all you get is store credit depending on how you paid for it.

Also, don't ever order the wrong item. If you do, don't change the order, open a ticket. As soon as you try to change the order, you're looking at store credit and <a distinct lack of presence> for refunds.

HDMontana

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2014
Montana
I placed an order on the 11th. It still hasn't shipped due to one drip tip being restocked. What sucks is that I ordered a few other tips as well (along with a stingray clone and a couple tanks) and that one is my least favorite. But I'm going to wait it out. Patience is not my friend.<br/>

I think I am waiting on the same drip tip to restock.

HD.

Kollin6618

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2014
Denver, CO
I ordered on February 9th and it took almost exactly 5 weeks but my order included batteries. I ordered an MVP 2 and SVD along with a bunch of coils. The quality is great and as far as I can tell they're authentic. I did notice the serial numbers were taken off the boxes though. I'd order again as long as I'm not needing the items anytime soon.

v1k1ng1001

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2012
Edinburg, TX
I ordered on February 9th and it took almost exactly 5 weeks but my order included batteries. I ordered an MVP 2 and SVD along with a bunch of coils. The quality is great and as far as I can tell they're authentic. I did notice the serial numbers were taken off the boxes though. I'd order again as long as I'm not needing the items anytime soon.

Yeah, lumping your batteries in with the order will literally put your shipment on the slowboat from China!

I think the serial numbers are taken off because FT orders the devices through a shell company and then resells them, undercutting stateside prices--hence it makes it difficult to innokin to figure out how FT is getting their gear.

^Top-Shelf^

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2014
Central Illinois
Just received my first ever fasttech order, ordered on Apr. 19 received today Apr. 28. 9 days is Pretty good considering free shipping.
I also received another order from a different china company paid $14.?? Shipping and it was delivered to my door in 3 days!!! That impressed me. Shipping service was DHL

44shooter

ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2013
Lancaster, PA
I have ordered about 20 times from Fastech. Most orders take 3-5 weeks to the East Coast. The only disappointing thing is when I order a super cheap product then I'm disappointed in the quality. I'm learning. I have ordered quite a few eGo batteries and most got hear within 3-4 weeks. I've also ordered from Focal eCig and Health Cabin. Health Cabin took 6 weeks. I had a small product issue with Focal eCig and gave up on trying to solve it. Language barrier. But I still buy from them.
I've gotten what I consider to be some REALLY good deals from Fasttech. Just dont be in a hurry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread