Vamo V3 - DOA

Status
Not open for further replies.

axlfsi

Jan 23, 2013
Hungary
Hi folks!

I'm little bit new in this forum, so I can't post this story in absolutely relevant topic, so excuse me for that.
I just receive my newly bought VAMO V3 from fasttech, but unfortunately, it's defective/faulty. Namely, the problem is with 510 connector; however I try to screw in the atomizer(s) (also bought from fasttech), I can't. The atomizer and drippers what I try was: V5 Dripping Atomizer, Vivi Nova V3 and VIVI NOVA V-core 2.0.

I just want to ask you, does anyone have this problem with Vamo V3?
Of course, I open trouble ticket and just waiting for their response.

Here you can see my video about described above: Vamo V3 problem - YouTube

Regards,
axlfsi

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
You may want to clarify what that means for the OP (and for me, for that matter).

A tap is like a screw or bolt, but made for repairing threads internal threads. i.e. Tap and Die set A Die repairs screw/bolt threads. Looks like a Nut.
You simply thread the Tap into the 510 connection with a small wrench(spanner?) and back out. cuts threading clean and ready for use.

Taps.jpg

axlfsi

Jan 23, 2013
Hungary
You may want to clarify what that means for the OP (and for me, for that matter).

7mm x .5 Bottoming Tap(flat on end) 5 minute fix no waiting for return/re-ship:D

Yes please, be more specific. If there any way to/for DIY solution, I would prefer to not send it back overseas... Thanks in advance.

axlfsi

Jan 23, 2013
Hungary
A tap is like a screw or bolt, but made for repairing threads internal threads. i.e. Tap and Die set A Die repairs screw/bolt threads. Looks like a Nut.
You simply thread the Tap into the 510 connection with a small wrench(spanner?) and back out. cuts threading clean and ready for use.

View attachment 236551

Thank you, I will think about it :2cool: But first I'm waiting for response from FT.

yaypudding

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
North of NYC
that might work if the tank couldn't even make it into the 510 connection. by the way it looks on video, it seems the tanks are just slipping in and out. is this the case OP?

unless you're dying w/o your vape, I would just send it back. retapping may compromise the 510 wall and end up snapping it, then you're out a vamo and the cash. Why settle with a faulty unit.

BurntHit

Jul 11, 2013
USA
OP, you might want to try some attys from a legit brand like the iClear or Kanger protank.

I just took out one of my DCT cartos from Fasttech and I can do the exact same thing you are doing in the video. Yet my Protank and Iclear 16s mount nice and tight....

I suspect the issue may be with all of the cheap-o 510s on the attys themselves.

I also have one of those Chimbus (Nimbus Clones) in your video, but it also mounts up nice and solid...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread