• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Fasttech Veterans

Status
Not open for further replies.

dw117

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2014
Kernow
Thats the one thing i haven`t tried yet Adam. Next time i have a look at it thats what i`ll do :) How much did you trim off ?
Not much, couple of mm I think, but if you trim a bit and then put it back in with the pin and press gently on the pin you can look through the fully open airflow to see if it touches the Base of the rba deck. If not trim a bit more, some mods 510 pins will push harder on the Subtank pin as well. Mine works better on the adjustable pin of the cloupor mini rather than the spring loaded pin on an istick 50w,but I could always trim it a touch more.

Reactions: terry w

terry w

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester UK
Not much, couple of mm I think, but if you trim a bit and then put it back in with the pin and press gently on the pin you can look through the fully open airflow to see if it touches the Base of the rba deck. If not trim a bit more, some mods 510 pins will push harder on the Subtank pin as well. Mine works better on the adjustable pin of the cloupor mini rather than the spring loaded pin on an istick 50w,but I could always trim it a touch more.

Ok, cheers Adam it`s on my agenda :)

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
Just been told I am now on list for one of the first British built Wood DNA200s from "windows" on AAEC, here's a couple of piccies:
20150808_160947.jpg
20150808_161022.jpg

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Mixed it at 15% It needs a good steep maybe a month.The Bakewell tart sounds nice
It's the ratios that confound me - had a notion to make a 10ml bottle of each and then experiment with how much of each will combine to make it taste right! :)
Seeing what you say about steeping, I may make a 30ml bottle of the custard at 15% and see how it is!
I wonder if there's any difference in steeping time between the original version and the V2.

Reactions: Marcus1970

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Bob, Terry ...anyone else using it: have you noticed anything different with Doughnut? I know you all often use different coils to the ones I do, but the last lot I bought has been clogging up coils faster than it usually does.

Initially, I thought I had a poor pack of the OCC Subtank coils, but a second pack from a different supplier bought at a different time, was the same. They only last around 2 days compared to the 6 I was getting previously.

So I then tried it in a MOW tank with the V2 coils - exactly the same.
So, I'm thinking there has to be something different with the Doughnut itself.

Marcus1970

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2014
Wales
It's the ratios that confound me - had a notion to make a 10ml bottle of each and then experiment with how much of each will combine to make it taste right! :)
Seeing what you say about steeping, I may make a 30ml bottle of the custard at 15% and see how it is!
I wonder if there's any difference in steeping time between the original version and the V2.

I think but I'm not 100% sure.That the V2 has been sent for testing and has no Diactyl? And other bad stuff

Reactions: Pictor

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
I think but I'm not 100% sure.That the V2 has been sent for testing and has no Diactyl? And other bad stuff
That was their reason for producing the version 2 ranges, yes, to produce flavouring with little or no diketones. Seems there is now a very low acceptable industry standard for e-cig use. Both Capella and TPA have done that - perhaps others too.
I'm wondering though if there's any difference in steeping times as a result: i.e. V2 may need longer to steep.

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
Bob, Terry ...anyone else using it: have you noticed anything different with Doughnut? I know you all often use different coils to the ones I do, but the last lot I bought has been clogging up coils faster than it usually does.

Initially, I thought I had a poor pack of the OCC Subtank coils, but a second pack from a different supplier bought at a different time, was the same. They only last around 2 days compared to the 6 I was getting previously.

So I then tried it in a MOW tank with the V2 coils - exactly the same.

I don't use that much but have noticed it is a coil gunker, mine is in a Lemo v1 and getting towards the end of the 2nd tank at the moment and is quite dark in colour, think I will need to clean the coils and replace the wick when it is empty.

Brynglas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
ΩFlint MountainΩ

Now you've got me thinking Trish.I couldn't take to it,wonder if it's because they've changed it in someway.
I was surprised at the time with everyone saying it was so good.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
I don't use that much but have noticed it is a coil gunker, mine is in a Lemo v1 and getting towards the end of the 2nd tank at the moment and is quite dark in colour, think I will need to clean the coils and replace the wick when it is empty.
Was never like that before Bob - always got 6 days from a coil, initially in a MOW, then the Subtank - with both I'm getting 2, perhaps 3 with difficulty. Starts darkening after a day.
I'm happy with 6 days for a bakery type liquid, but 2 isn't good. I may have to try it in a simple Evod ...the MCV works best in one of those, and the new SOCC coils are good.

I wonder if the custard component has been changed.

Reactions: Bobw1951

Marcus1970

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2014
Wales
That was their reason for producing the version 2 ranges, yes, to produce flavouring with little or no diketones. Seems there is now a very low acceptable industry standard for e-cig use. Both Capella and TPA have done that - perhaps others too.
I'm wondering though if there's any difference in steeping times as a result: i.e. V2 may need longer to steep.

Can't help you with that sorry.Ive also made some PA Vanilla Custard and a mix of Cappela custard and Dulce De Lethe
The PA Vanilla Custard is a lot darker than the Capella one

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Now you've got me thinking Trish.I couldn't take to it,wonder if it's because they've changed it in someway.
I was surprised at the time with everyone saying it was so good.
For me, it still tastes great - been using so much of it since it first appeared that I'd notice a change in taste, and I didn't at any point. I've only ever used it in the two tanks (Subtank & mega MOW) with the same two coils: 1.2 or 1.8ohms at 7 or 8Watts. Variations in any of those will make a difference. It tastes slightly different in each of those tanks for a start.

I buy 2x100ml bottles at a time: 3mg and 6mg and then mix them 50/50 - (may start just getting 3mg soon). I still have 200ml to use, but do have two newer bottles, so may try some next time I change the coil to see if that's the same ...which may be as early as this evening :(
If it is, I'll ask Karl if they changed something.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Can't help you with that sorry.Ive also made some PA Vanilla Custard and a mix of Cappela custard and Dulce De Lethe
The PA Vanilla Custard is a lot darker than the Capella one
Be nice to hear how they taste when you try them :)
I still haven't tried the Rebranded Custard.

Reactions: Marcus1970
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread