This white poly-fill crap is driving me crazy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

witakr

ECF Veteran
Dec 25, 2009
Junction, TX USA
I have really grown to hate this poly-fill that comes in the carts..... I have done the spring mod to about 10 or 12 carts and have then filled and they are ready to go but the other carts that wasn't able to mod(lack of springs...) are not drying out all the way... i am having to top off and refill constantly...

I fear I may run out tonight before i go home from work because all I have is my PCC with 3 carts and an atty... All three of my spare carts plus the one I'm cursing now have that poly-fill junk in them unmodded....

God help me until Tuesday when I can get some blue foam... I am making a special trip an hour away to go get some so I don't have to wait for the mail...

Not to mention my 510 attys aren't producing the vapor they once did... it is frustrating me tonight.......

nycityjeff

Moved On
Sep 22, 2009
New York City
I have really grown to hate this poly-fill that comes in the carts..... I have done the spring mod to about 10 or 12 carts and have then filled and they are ready to go but the other carts that wasn't able to mod(lack of springs...) are not drying out all the way... i am having to top off and refill constantly...

I fear I may run out tonight before i go home from work because all I have is my PCC with 3 carts and an atty... All three of my spare carts plus the one I'm cursing now have that poly-fill junk in them unmodded....

God help me until Tuesday when I can get some blue foam... I am making a special trip an hour away to go get some so I don't have to wait for the mail...

Not to mention my 510 attys aren't producing the vapor they once did... it is frustrating me tonight.......

Forget the poly fill. Use the Lipton Pyramid Teabag Mod. Search for instructions on this forum.

witakr

ECF Veteran
Dec 25, 2009
Junction, TX USA
Forget the poly fill. Use the Lipton Pyramid Teabag Mod. Search for instructions on this forum.

Thanks, I tried it and wasn't thrilled with the results... The spring mod is working good for me but I have run out of pens to destroy so i could only do about half of my carts with the spring mod.

I used the teabag mod and all I got was gooey paper and wasted juice.

Thanks though but the the spring mod will do me until Tuesday... I just wanted to complain to some folks who would understand...

EDIT: Sorry I misread your post... I haven't tried the Pyramid Teabag mod... Is the paper really any different? I mean after cutting the Pyramid teabag its the same as a regular teabag... right? That's the way it looked in a video I saw demonstrating the PTB mod

Last edited:

Faceless

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2009
Texas
Thanks, I tried it and wasn't thrilled with the results... The spring mod is working good for me but I have run out of pens to destroy so i could only do about half of my carts with the spring mod.

Thanks though but the the spring mod will do me until Tuesday... I just wanted to complain to some folks who would understand...

Try the ZFM or SFY mod as they are non toxic unlike the blue foam.

P.S - I need a website built, PM me! I will pay!

nycityjeff

Moved On
Sep 22, 2009
New York City

EDIT: Sorry I misread your post... I haven't tried the Pyramid Teabag mod... Is the paper really any different? I mean after cutting the Pyramid teabag its the same as a regular teabag... right? That's the way it looked in a video I saw demonstrating the PTB mod

Pyramid Teabags are a whole different animal than regular old teabags. They are not made from a paper mesh. They are made from a nylon mesh.

http://signalsmith.com/img/portfolio/lipton-01.gif

Completely different. I highly recommend it.

LIPTON Online Store

I get em for $3.85 for 18 at the grocery store. They wick great, last a long time and you can refill them many times and even wash them and reuse them over and over again

witakr

ECF Veteran
Dec 25, 2009
Junction, TX USA
8-o

Info from where. Links Please :)

Ego told me something that is really only common sense if you think about it..

It can become toxic if you get the foam hot enough to burn or melt in which case it will put off fumes that could be dangerous to inhale. Maybe this is only an issue on HV but It makes sense considering the foam is a synthetic compound and is susceptible to combustion. Although it must not be THAT common because I haven't seen anything about this problem.. Or maybe I haven't looked hard enough to see it...

Connman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
North Florida, USA
Ego told me something that is really only common sense if you think about it..

It can become toxic if you get the foam hot enough to burn or melt in which case it will put off fumes that could be dangerous to inhale. Maybe this is only an issue on HV but It makes sense considering the foam is a synthetic compound and is susceptible to combustion. Although it must not be THAT common because I haven't seen anything about this problem.. Or maybe I haven't looked hard enough to see it...
:thumbs:

Cool I think in that case the carts themselves are bad being plastic. Thanks much.

Brewster 59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2009
North Bay San Francisco
I to tryed all the mods and the ADM with springs was the best however I got sick of making them and getting the supplies for them and have since switched to 100% dripping. At first it was kinda a hassle but I think I get a much better hit dripping and after a while it takes like a sec to do it. On your attys the crest pro method has restored my old attys to being just like new. Its pretty easy just soak attys in crest pro mouthwash for about 15 mins agaitate a few times rinse with water let dry. It does take a while to reprime them but after that they are like new.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Has anyone tried Fluval from Petco. I am usiing it now and it seems to work really well. You get a ton of it for $9 you have to be careful not to use too much but once you get the hang of it it seems to work well. I use a 510 and fill the cart 1/2 full put the fluval in and top it off. After a couple of fills it works really well. I can get a bout 20-30 minutes on a fill.

Satori

Dec 16, 2009
az
Has anyone tried Fluval from Petco. I am usiing it now and it seems to work really well. You get a ton of it for $9 you have to be careful not to use too much but once you get the hang of it it seems to work well. I use a 510 and fill the cart 1/2 full put the fluval in and top it off. After a couple of fills it works really well. I can get a bout 20-30 minutes on a fill.

If thats the same stuff as the aquaclear foam inserts, I love this stuff! been useing the same one for about 4 days now and I can still vape it dry. I just topped my cart off with 12 drops a minute ago. You do have to experiment a little to get the right size piece though, but once you do it works great.

cliff5550

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2009
West Central Illinois - USA
We've been using the Fluval from Petco for a few months and wouldn't use anything else. Once you know how much to use (which doesn't take long) you can fill carts with fresh filler quickly. We paid a little over $5 for our box and I'm guessing it will last most of 2010.
Tried the polyfill WalMart stuff. Na. Tried the teabag. Na. Stayed with Fluval. Our M401s drink that clear to the bottom of the filler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread