This white poly-fill crap is driving me crazy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

eGeek

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
UK
Have tried a number of different cart mods but haven't been very satisfied with the results. What I found works for me is using the filling from a 401 cart in a 510 cart. I can then usually vape for a long time using most of the liquid, refilling normally 8 to 10 drops to top of the cart which for me holds 13. Alternatively cut the filling from a 510 down to 401 size which makes it looser and only goes into the 510 cart half way.
Hope this helps.

AJMoore

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2009
Here and back
I purchased poly fill and blue foam today. When I got home before I started on all the cart/atomizer mod ideas, I tried one more time with the original carts. I filled (spun and shook) filled again (loads of liquid). Walked away with the newly filled cart and haven't looked back. I guess I was to cautious and not filling enough. Great taste and LONG lasting.

witakr

ECF Veteran
Dec 25, 2009
Junction, TX USA
Right now, I am using the spring mod with great success. No flooding atties and great wicking.. I just want to try all my options before I settle on one thing.

I am going to try a combination of the spring mod and the blue foam. Basically just replacing the poly-fill with the blue foam material. I'd like to see how it turns out.

Leonardo

ECF Veteran
I used the original polyfil that came with my cartridges for about 4-5 days, then I found some foam in a local pets-store... I could not find any blue foam in any of the pet-stores near me, but found some black foam... To begin with I thought it was brilliant, but I used far more juice than with the polyfill... It never seemed to wick all the way to the bottom, and I was not 100% happy. Yesterday I tried a PTB mod... I used a PG Tips tea-bag as that was the brand in our office canteen...

I have one cart with the top end all folded over, and one where I just cut the Tea-bag strip to the right size, rolled it up and put it in a cart. With the dropper I use, I put 9 drops (nearly filled cart) of 32mg juice (Black Cherry from enjuice.co.uk) and vaped.... all day on that... so I was happy with the amount of juice, I got a really nice vape, flavour and plenty of it :D

I think I am totally converted. It also seemed to me to be better using something that is used in the production of a substance for human consumption (Tea) rather than something used to filter fish doings out of water.....

Either way I am happy with the mod.

Last edited:

Brewster 59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2009
North Bay San Francisco
Why crest pro mouthwash specifically????
will any mouthwash work????/

Actually there is posts on why crest pro is the best I learned that here, some guy was doing tests on what worked best and you can probably find it, maybe not, cus for me the search func here isnt that great here but I used his advise it worked so thats what I do. I totally believe in if it aint broke dont fix it. All I can tell ya is crest pro works and it makes my attys work like new so if ya want to try a diff mw go for it.

River

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2009
Independence, KY USA
Right next to the blue foam in petsmart is a small nylon bag for putting over the top of some kind of aquarium filter and I have been tempted to try the tea bag mod using that material instead.

It looks just like the teabag material just a bit heavier.

I want to try the ptb but I have a problem with buying tea just to throw it away, maybe I can get the gf to drink it.

Last edited:

quasimod

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Joplin, MO - USA
I would drip if it lasted as long as a cart does.. I like the carts because I SHOULDN'T have to mess with them every few minutes...

It seems like dripping is more hassle, but in the long run it's much less trouble (for me).

1) Gut one of your carts, so it looks more or less like an empty tube. Put that on your PV and leave it there, except for occasional cleaning.

2) Pull one of these out of your pocket, and drip a drop or two through the tube onto the atty.

3) Vape until flavor changes, then repeat.

BanjoMan

Pickin' Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2009
Greensboro, NC
The trickiest part with PTB is getting it "right". I use the double-folded, rolled and frayed method, and when you do it correctly they're WAY better than polyfill. It takes some experimenting but once you have the right length, the correct tightness of roll and that little pocket in the middle they're tough to beat imo.

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
The trickiest part with PTB is getting it "right". I use the double-folded, rolled and frayed method, and when you do it correctly they're WAY better than polyfill. It takes some experimenting but once you have the right length, the correct tightness of roll and that little pocket in the middle they're tough to beat imo.

PTB isn't tricky at all if you use this mod: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/cartridge-mods/52430-ptb-straw-mod-ptb-made-easy.html

It's super easy to make and maintain and vapes almost dry. Works as well or better than rolling/folding/shredding - and I've tried them all. What's nice is if it gets sluggish after a week or so, you can pop it out, rinse & pat dry and pop it back in. It keeps it's shape! It's what I use these days in all of my carts. You also get 2 carts per tea bag. :thumbs:

If you don't want to waste tea, you can buy a nylon gossimer netting fabric from the fabric store. Usually found in the wedding material area - used for veils.

Last edited:

V-Eclypse

Moved On
Jan 13, 2010
Macomb,MI USA
  • Deleted by Elendil
  • Reason: Multiple ID's

SCOTTYBALLS

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Greenville, S.C.
I've done the same thing to a 510 cart using HV with my Xhaler/Prodidy V2. No cart material atm is usable with HV and dripping is the only way without burning your filler/plug/atty.

I've seen those juice containers before but cant tell how big they are as they look huge. Currently just using a 6/30ML bottle of juice with built-in droper. Whats the size on those?

New Name eclypse?

stevelenti

ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
I'm using a 901 and I have tried every mod on this site multiple times with no real success. Either it leaks, or I have to top off more often then I would like to. PTB works, kind of but there seems to be a ton of juice caught within the roll that never gets used.

I think I just vape way too much especially when I am at my desk at work. I don't like letting it sit for 30 minutes just so I can take another couple of hits.

I guess I am just doomed to drip. Might have to get the USB pass-though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread