The Great 2014 Provari RING Roundup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anarchy84

Jun 4, 2014
Milwaukee, WI
That's why afc is all the rage now. I no longer buy attys that are dependent upon airflow thru the 510 connection.

The air flow is absolutely perfect with the 22mm IBTanked unit on the Provari, I would just prefer a flush look. Perhaps I can find a machine shop that'll drill a few 1mm holes in the ring. Otherwise I can't see myself using it.

Anarchy84

Jun 4, 2014
Milwaukee, WI

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
No info on the Innovape, let us know!!

But I wanted to mention:

1) I know what you mean about the IBTring - it is SUPPOSED to pull the carto a little, and create a snug fit. But I still get drip tips in there stable. Maybe try another tip, just in case that'll still work for you...

2) I also have a provape ring, but haven't had airflow cutoff - it's got a bunch of notches...how's it cutting off the air?

As much as I hate the idea of buying a third ring, that does look like it may work for me. Anyone have experience with the Innovape M1 ring? Love / hate it?

Anarchy84

Jun 4, 2014
Milwaukee, WI

But I wanted to mention:

1) I know what you mean about the IBTring - it is SUPPOSED to pull the carto a little, and create a snug fit. But I still get drip tips in there stable. Maybe try another tip, just in case that'll still work for you...

2) I also have a provape ring, but haven't had airflow cutoff - it's got a bunch of notches...how's it cutting off the air?

1) I have an IBTipsy drip tip that works alright, but I have several others I enjoy using (sort of vase shaped) that don't work as well. It'd be nice to have a ring that works well with all my gear. :)

2) Honestly, the grooves on the Provape ring I received are almost nonexistent they're so shallow. There's really no way they can allow much air into the 510 connection, if any at all. When I take a vape without the ring on I can hear air entering the chamber, and a slight crackling as the juice gets vaporized. With the ring on there's absolutely no air making it in there. It's like sucking on a straw in a milkshake that's really thick. I still get vapor, just not nearly as much.

I'm using a 22mm IBTanked tank and Boge SR cartos, btw. Tried an ikenvape carto I had lying around and it didn't change.

Last edited:

Elantis

~≈Dragonfly≈~
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2012
Hoosier Cornhusker

But I wanted to mention:

Here's the info on the M1 ring if anyone is interested, I just had a conversation with Anarchy84 about it and took some pictures - hope this helps someone trying to make an informed decision:

The ring is one solid piece, and unlike other Prorings, this one is completely closed at the top. Here's a pic and you can see the airholes on the inside also.

m1top.jpg

The carto does come down a little but not even near as much as using the IBTPro22 ring, again here is a pic of the carto tank just removed you can see it is not much.

m1cart.jpg

There is absolutely no airflow constriction at all, this ring is wonderful - I only wish I had found it sooner. I have a Kayfun Clone that has an exceptionally long 510 connection and none of my rings fit tightly without spinning, so I tried this one and it worked beautifully with it. Again another pic showing it on the Provari and you can see the 510 connection peaking through and the airholes inside the M1.

m1prov.jpg

All in all it gives a great look to a carto tank on the ProVari:

DSCN0747.jpg

Elantis

~≈Dragonfly≈~
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2012
Hoosier Cornhusker
You buy them out of necessity or are you just a collector? Haha.

Do you still use any other rings now that you have the M1?

Yes I do use other rings since I normally have more than 2 mods going at the same time, I am a flavor freak and don't just vape one flavor at a time. Right now - hmmmmm - I have 17 different flavors loaded and 9 of them require rings :facepalm:

Elantis

~≈Dragonfly≈~
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2012
Hoosier Cornhusker
Elantis, thank you for posting these pictures with a detailed explanation. I am curious about one thing, do you notice you are having more of an airy draw using the M1 ring as opposed to using no ring at all?

Some carto's just don't have much of an airy draw to begin with and I was wondering of this ring might help.

I haven't noticed a difference in the draw with or without this ring. I think the cartos are just so different in the way they are packed and produced. I have a few different brands and they all vape different.

Anarchy84

Jun 4, 2014
Milwaukee, WI
Yes I do use other rings since I normally have more than 2 mods going at the same time, I am a flavor freak and don't just vape one flavor at a time. Right now - hmmmmm - I have 17 different flavors loaded and 9 of them require rings :facepalm:

Wow. That's intense. I've got 3 - 22mm tanks running at any given time with three different flavors (usually one fruit flavor, one minty flavor, one miscellaneous coffee / dessert flavor). I thought I was doing alright, but you're a pro!

Elantis

~≈Dragonfly≈~
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2012
Hoosier Cornhusker
Wow. That's intense. I've got 3 - 22mm tanks running at any given time with three different flavors (usually one fruit flavor, one minty flavor, one miscellaneous coffee / dessert flavor). I thought I was doing alright, but you're a pro!

You my friend are doing just fine ;) - I tend to take things to the "hobby" level and go all out. I have spent soon to be two years and way too much money, finding out what works for "me"...and currently that consists of ProVari's with either carto tanks or Kayfun (all clones) and lots of pretty colors. I am ocd about things matching so for example on my polished the ring or topper has to be polished, if the led is red, then red is the color for that particular ProVari. I'm just odd like that :)

Anarchy84

Jun 4, 2014
Milwaukee, WI
You my friend are doing just fine ;) - I tend to take things to the "hobby" level and go all out. I have spent soon to be two years and way too much money, finding out what works for "me"...and currently that consists of ProVari's with either carto tanks or Kayfun (all clones) and lots of pretty colors. I am ocd about things matching so for example on my polished the ring or topper has to be polished, if the led is red, then red is the color for that particular ProVari. I'm just odd like that :)

I definitely feel you on the OCD thing, but I'm polar opposite as far as colors go. I bought a satin silver Provari v2.5 and all my accessories are satin silver. For one reason or another I just prefer muted / industrial colors. I think if there was any contrast to it I might panic.

Perhaps down the road I'll expand my collection of things. Thanks to these forums it didn't take a lot of experimenting to find my happy place (carto tanks and a Provari). Luckily for me I didn't have to spend a ton of money on things I didn't truly want, because my wife and I just had a baby. I had to use my vape budget carefully. :)

I'm excited for the Innovape M1 to get here. I've got high hopes!

Elantis

~≈Dragonfly≈~
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2012
Hoosier Cornhusker
I definitely feel you on the OCD thing, but I'm polar opposite as far as colors go. I bought a satin silver Provari v2.5 and all my accessories are satin silver. For one reason or another I just prefer muted / industrial colors. I think if there was any contrast to it I might panic.

Perhaps down the road I'll expand my collection of things. Thanks to these forums it didn't take a lot of experimenting to find my happy place (carto tanks and a Provari). Luckily for me I didn't have to spend a ton of money on things I didn't truly want, because my wife and I just had a baby. I had to use my vape budget carefully. :)

I'm excited for the Innovape M1 to get here. I've got high hopes!

Ok picture time:

Satin Silver Standard w/red LED
Kayfun clone originally matte finish finely sanded to mimic Satin Finish
Innovape M1 Ring due to the fact this Kayfun clone has a longer 510 connection
Cigtech Tatroe extension in Satin to match finish with regular end cap
Red M tank from VapeRev
Red steampipe pyrex tip from Spectrum tanks......

Yes I am OCD...lol

DSCN0777.jpg

Anarchy84

Jun 4, 2014
Milwaukee, WI
Ok picture time:

Satin Silver Standard w/red LED
Kayfun clone originally matte finish finely sanded to mimic Satin Finish
Innovape M1 Ring due to the fact this Kayfun clone has a longer 510 connection
Cigtech Tatroe extension in Satin to match finish with regular end cap
Red M tank from VapeRev
Red steampipe pyrex tip from Spectrum tanks......

Yes I am OCD...lol

DSCN0777.jpg

Love the drip tip! Looks awesome.

New2vaps

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
USA
I haven't noticed a difference in the draw with or without this ring. I think the cartos are just so different in the way they are packed and produced. I have a few different brands and they all vape different.

Thanks for the quick reply. You are absolutely correct, no 2 cartos are the same. I just figured this ring would provide more air flow considering the Provari doesn't really have much of an air flow channel built in. But thank you again.

Anarchy84

Jun 4, 2014
Milwaukee, WI
Thanks for the quick reply. You are absolutely correct, no 2 cartos are the same. I just figured this ring would provide more air flow considering the Provari doesn't really have much of an air flow channel built in. But thank you again.

My Provari is relatively new, and has the new top cap with four air flow channels. The draw is a tiny bit more airy than I'd prefer without any ring on, but both rings I have currently allow no air through at all in comparison.

When I get the M1 I'll let you know if I notice an increase or decrease in air flow. I'd prefer it to restrict it a little bit compared to the four unobstructed air channels, but I'll be perfectly happy if it remains the same.

Last edited:

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I hope the ring gives the draw you want, but wanted to mention one OTHER option that I've got in play.
The SnP tank, with the built-in ProVari "collar/ring".
It works for me as an AIRFLOW CONTROL.
It screws "up" onto the tank - but if you UN-screw it, it will move lower and reduce airflow as you go - I literally can adjust the draw very carefully this way!

It's pricey - but it's also a FANTASTIC carto tank in every way...
snp2_zps81289142.jpg

You can see here, on the right, it's "open" on the left, it's "closed" - that would be almost impossible to draw air through...

My Provari is relatively new, and has the new top cap with four air flow channels. The draw is a tiny bit more airy than I'd prefer without any ring on, but both rings I have currently allow no air through at all in comparison.

When I get the M1 I'll let you know if I notice an increase or decrease in air flow. I'd prefer it to restrict it a little bit compared to the four unobstructed aid channels, but I'll be perfectly happy if it remains the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread