Status
Not open for further replies.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
The EHPro KFL+ V2 is a non-adjustable pin, so that won't work.

I don't know -- but I'm thinking one of the rings made for carto tanks might work for you. IB tanked has one and it isn't one of the pricier ones. How big is the gap?

I tend to have the opposite problem -- needing rings that add minimal extra between the pin and the connection.

Back on the first page of this thread is the best view of the different heights.
It's a danged shame, but without a pin adjustment, any one is going to be a crapshoot if it fits perfectly.
If a Tatroe or ProVape ring leaves a gap, I'd try the IBTanked ring - it's MUCH taller - though they shortened it a TINY bit from the very first edition. Still taller though...

Ryuukon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2013
Wyoming, USA
Well, I did some comparisons and measurements. Sadly since I don't own a set of calipers, it's a rough measurement holding my Provari up to the screen with the iruler.net on-screen ruler in the background.

With the Tatro SS ring on it and my EHPro KFL+ V2, there's almost but not quite a 1mm gap. Coincidentally, it's the exact same gap as my Squape, so any Squape ring should work, or most likely the Loki ring. So I guess that answers part of my question. BUT... the first post doesn't list the thickness of the Provape ring. Don't suppose anybody knows the measurements of that?

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Yeah, that didn't exist when the measurements were done. I don't have calipers...
But mine, visually, seems almost exactly the same as the Loki. I think there's variance - I have two kayfun cones, and I think ones shorter and ones taller than that Loki. Ugh.

Well, I did some comparisons and measurements. Sadly since I don't own a set of calipers, it's a rough measurement holding my Provari up to the screen with the iruler.net on-screen ruler in the background.

With the Tatro SS ring on it and my EHPro KFL+ V2, there's almost but not quite a 1mm gap. Coincidentally, it's the exact same gap as my Squape, so any Squape ring should work, or most likely the Loki ring. So I guess that answers part of my question. BUT... the first post doesn't list the thickness of the Provape ring. Don't suppose anybody knows the measurements of that?

jwbnyc

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2014
Actually, it's the only way it'll work on the non-adjustable Kayfun pins.

How to shorten the Kayfun Lite centre pin

Twitter: xandermac

Atmistique Hippo V2:

Hippo.jpg

That small center section is press fit with Two O rings. You screw that bit on and then slide the outer section up or down to close the gap.

Very clever design. And it has air control for toppers that need air from the bottom. Handy.

Ryuukon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2013
Wyoming, USA
Actually, it's the only way it'll work on the non-adjustable Kayfun pins.

How to shorten the Kayfun Lite centre pin

Twitter: xandermac

Hmm, with my EHPro KFL the center pin is already sitting pretty flush with the bottom, so I don't know how much I could sand off without the Provari 510 pin actually going up into my KFL. But... I do think I have an extra insulator around here somewhere. Might try this after I finish this tank. Was going to change out flavors anyway. ;)

Ryuukon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2013
Wyoming, USA
Awesome, thanks. I have a ring right now, but it's a little too tall for my liking. Pulls the carto down too much. Hoping the Provape ring will be just right.

What ring are you using now?

I wound up getting a black Provape ring because of this thread and it fits SOOOOO much better than the SS Tatroe ring I had, with pretty much everything from my Kayfuns, my Squape, my Nautilus, etc. I don't even use the Tatroe anymore.

That being said, it sounds like you are using carto tanks? If so, keep in mind that there is a "lip" on the Provape ring that covers the top cap entirely and will make you need to extend the 510 pin on your device to make connection. The Tatroe ring has no lip and remains perfectly flush with the 510 connection.

Anarchy84

Jun 4, 2014
Milwaukee, WI
I am using IBTanked carto tanks. At first I was using the IBTPro 22 ring, but it draws the carto too far down in the tank. It makes my drip tips far too wobbly for my taste.

I just received the Provape ring, and it fits much better. I actually don't have to extend the carto's 510 connection at all to make contact, and the ring is snug...the only problem is it restricts air flow like crazy, and it leaves a small amount of the top cap visible at the bottom.

This is really frustrating. Both of these products are so close to being perfect, but they both have fatal flaws that make not using a ring at all a far more pleasurable experience. I wish they would have put just a little more thought into it.

Anarchy84

Jun 4, 2014
Milwaukee, WI
I've tried everything I can think of to increase air flow with the Provape ring, and I can't seem to find a working solution. Even unscrewing the tank to the point of not making contact still forces me to draw much too hard. I'm not sure why they would put air flow channels in the top cap only to manufacture a ring that covers them up.

I suppose I'll try to punch a few holes in it with a drill to see if I can rectify the situation. After being insanely happy with every product I've ordered from both Provape and IBTanked, I must say both rings are rather disappointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread