The Great 2014 Provari RING Roundup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anarchy84

Jun 4, 2014
Milwaukee, WI
I hope the ring gives the draw you want, but wanted to mention one OTHER option that I've got in play.
The SnP tank, with the built-in ProVari "collar/ring".
It works for me as an AIRFLOW CONTROL.
It screws "up" onto the tank - but if you UN-screw it, it will move lower and reduce airflow as you go - I literally can adjust the draw very carefully this way!

It's pricey - but it's also a FANTASTIC carto tank in every way...
snp2_zps81289142.jpg

You can see here, on the right, it's "open" on the left, it's "closed" - that would be almost impossible to draw air through...

Thanks for sharing this, Train! I really love IBTanked, but it would be nice to have some built in air flow control that didn't involve loosening the 510 connection.

In the end, though...the air flow on the tank itself is fine. Provape should have just made the Provari's end cap flat. If it weren't for the silly tapered top cap I wouldn't have wasted $50 on rings that don't fit my needs. :facepalm:

It's good to know I've got good looking options for an alternative tank. That looks awesome!

Last edited:

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Well, don't feel bad, other folks, myself definitely included, have spent more than $50 on the "Quest for the right Ring".

I bought a Hippo, then bought a Hippo V2 (those are so pricey, I waited to find used ones), I HAD to have a black one, and bought a black-coated Loki for over $25 plus shipping and the DAY it arrived, ProVape launched their black one for $10. I have a ProVape ring. I have an IBT ring. I have a "Kayfun Cone". I just have decided "it's all part of the fun".

LOL

Thanks for sharing this, Train! I really love IBTanked, but it would be nice to have some built in air flow control that didn't involve loosening the 510 connection.

In the end, though...the air flow on the tank itself is fine. Provape should have just made the Provari's end cap flat. If it weren't for the silly tapered top cap I wouldn't have wasted $50 on rings that don't fit my needs. :facepalm:

It's good to know I've got good looking options for an alternative tank. That looks awesome!

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
Gotta agree with jwbnyc.

But, it's also on my wish list that the P3 be more modular with changeable top caps. Then Provape can make new connections to suit the style changes of our atomizing gear.

Carto tanks were not even invented when the Provari was designed. I think it's great several came up with after market products for us to collect.:laugh:

My wish is for someone to make a thread of the other after market items, besides the rings. The tank shown above is a good example. I know there are a few other items too like the "twins" and various extension caps. I'd start it, if you all would promise to help with links and such. Anyone interested?

Or -- just morph this thread and include links?

Last edited:

Anarchy84

Jun 4, 2014
Milwaukee, WI
Well, don't feel bad, other folks, myself definitely included, have spent more than $50 on the "Quest for the right Ring".

I bought a Hippo, then bought a Hippo V2 (those are so pricey, I waited to find used ones), I HAD to have a black one, and bought a black-coated Loki for over $25 plus shipping and the DAY it arrived, ProVape launched their black one for $10. I have a ProVape ring. I have an IBT ring. I have a "Kayfun Cone". I just have decided "it's all part of the fun".

I thought about getting a hippo, but it seems to add quite a bit of length to the unit. The standard v2.5 fits perfectly in my pants pocket right now, and I'd hate to lose that. The air flow control would be nice, but for $50 it seems a bit steep. Hoping the Innovape ring provides similar results in a slimmer profile. I'll be sure to post some thoughts on it once it gets here.

Anarchy84

Jun 4, 2014
Milwaukee, WI
But, it's also on my wish list that the P3 be more modular with changeable top caps. Then Provape can make new connections to suit the style changes of our atomizing gear.

That would be nice to have interchangeable top caps. Or at the very least you could choose between several options when you first order your unit, even if it's fixed on there forever.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA

My wish is for someone to make a thread of the other after market items, besides the rings. The tank shown above is a good example. I know there are a few other items too like the "twins" and various extension caps. I'd start it, if you all would promise to help with links and such. Anyone interested?

Or -- just morph this thread and include links?

I think an "Other 3rd Party Accessories" thread would be a great idea! So much variety maybe separate from this...
I mean, it could include tanks and tips with ProVari "styling"...

That would be nice to have interchangeable top caps. Or at the very least you could choose between several options when you first order your unit, even if it's fixed on there forever.

I've said the same thing before - I'd LOVE if the top cap were "screwed on" and had options - a taper top and a flat top and color-matched ones. I'd also like color-matched endcaps... Yep, more stuffs to buy! :facepalm:

Anarchy84

Jun 4, 2014
Milwaukee, WI
I received the Innovape M1 ring, and I absolutely love it. Creates a nice flush look, and allows for the perfect amount of air flow. I actually had to turn my voltage down a little bit because it increased vapor production / throat hit a little too much for my taste. It doesn't pull the carto down nearly as much as the IBTanked ring, and it's nice and sturdy, too.

I'll do a more detailed description when I get some time, but if you use 22mm carto tanks, I highly recommend the Innovape M1. Best ring of the three I've purchased by far.

Thank you so much, Elantis! This has single-handedly improved my setup more than I could have imagined. Best $25 I've spent on an accessory yet.

anarchy84-albums-pics-picture353296-img-20140705-101809.jpg

Elantis

~≈Dragonfly≈~
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2012
Hoosier Cornhusker
I received the Innovape M1 ring, and I absolutely love it. Creates a nice flush look, and allows for the perfect amount of air flow. I actually had to turn my voltage down a little bit because it increased vapor production / throat hit a little too much for my taste. It doesn't pull the carto down nearly as much as the IBTanked ring, and it's nice and sturdy, too.

I'll do a more detailed description when I get some time, but if you use 22mm carto tanks, I highly recommend the Innovape M1. Best ring of the three I've purchased by far.

Thank you so much, Elantis! This has single-handedly improved my setup more than I could have imagined. Best $25 I've spent on an accessory yet.

You're very welcome!!! I too am lovin' this ring, and think it looks amazing on the Satin ProV. It has just enough of a satiny finish to it, that it matches pretty well.

Elantis

~≈Dragonfly≈~
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2012
Hoosier Cornhusker

I have studied that ad and am confused about which exact ring they are selling - or I am just confused about the pictures.

Here's a pic I have of two different types of rings I have taken a long time ago - rings.jpg

The before/after pictures look like the ring in the front of the picture, but the picture of the upside down ring looks more like the beveled one in the back...

I would advise anyone considering this ring to contact this seller for a more detailed description of the exact ring they were selling prior to purchase.

Anarchy84

Jun 4, 2014
Milwaukee, WI
You're very welcome!!! I too am lovin' this ring, and think it looks amazing on the Satin ProV. It has just enough of a satiny finish to it, that it matches pretty well.

It does match the finish very well. I expected it to be a shiny / polished ring, but it matches the SS end caps of the IBTanked tanks perfectly.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
OK, OK!! I'm gettin' one.
I can use one more ring...and it needs airflow, I was going to get another from IBT, but that's limited to certain setups because of height. So I'll get one of these.
:D

Anarchy84

Jun 4, 2014
Milwaukee, WI
OK, OK!! I'm gettin' one.
I can use one more ring...and it needs airflow, I was going to get another from IBT, but that's limited to certain setups because of height. So I'll get one of these.
:D

I use IBTanked tanks exclusively. Love them, but the Innovape ring is superior in every way. I've had it for just over twenty four hours and I can already tell you I'll be buying another one (or two). :)

You'll like it. I have no doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread