Status
Not open for further replies.

p.opus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Coral Springs FL
just FYI, the price of the Provape ring has gone up almost 25%. It is $9.95 now.

I noticed that to. Not to thrilled about that, although I already have mine. (No need for more than one since I don't vape more than one tank at a time)

I also have the svoemesto PV Cone and while it's really nice, for some reason I just like the ProVape one better. Maybe because of the channels some variety instead of just the gradual taper.

Both are great, and although I'm not happy at the 2.00 increase, at $10.00 it's still reasonable. But 10 bucks is about my top limit for the ring.....

darkgear

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Islands in the middle of the sea
New Loki Rings coming. These are SS loki rings coated my OCD mods.

fp3vpj.jpg

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Deciding if you need a tank ring - it all depends what you plan to put on top of your new ProVari!
There's too many variables and choice, but basically, it's aesthetic - they cover the tapered top of the ProVari if you're using a tank that's about the same diameter as the tube - for a look some people prefer...
Here's the clearest "with and without" pic:
ProvariRing.jpg

Thanks for the thread, Train. It's just what I needed.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Ah geez. Provape now sells a black ring. SAME DAY I received my pricey black Loki.
Still - it IS a nice fit, and no adjustment to the pin was even needed.
Here's a closeup of my matte black finishes all playing nicely together:

3blackfinishes_zpsd693a7dc.jpg

That's the Kebo Russian - it's a flat black, not the shiny black of some clones (though those look nice, too).
And the Loki black cerakote ring, and a regular black (not stealth) ProVari.
allblack_zps01dc8af0.jpg

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
I would think the Provape one would work and provide air flow. Anyone know for sure?

The one through the guy at the Wall -- Sotang, I believe is the name on the list in post one of this thread, may have them available notched. I know he did at one time have them both notched and plain. They are great beauty rings, IMHO.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I'm not sure about the connection - some rings can make it so a clearo wont' quite reach...
But yes, the ProVape ring is a decent bet - it's reasonably priced, and has airflow notches... They also have em in black (my hypertank was black - it's gone or I'd test it for ya!).

So I've been checking some things out.

I own a Hypertank and know that it will get zero airflow on a Provari. Barring using a 510 airflow controller. Is there a custom ring with airflow notches like the one above in the US that I can get?

I hate carto tanks.

Harleybarbie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2009
Wonderland
I own the Provape ring and I like it. You can use Protanks and RDA's I own a caterpillar, trident, & IGO-L. Provape ring has a bigger base than the other rings I own. Provape ring seems not to turn as much as as my ABC vaping ring or my Tatroe ring. I like all 3. I didn't think I was going to like the Provape one but I almost like it more and you just can't beat the price!

xandermac

Verified Member
May 10, 2012
Atlanta
Anybody able to get an EHPro KFL+ V2 to sit flush on a Provape ring?

I just got my Provari from the classifieds, and seriously digging it so far. But The huge gap between the EHPro and the Tatro ring mine came with is a big turn off.

Sand down the centerpin isolator a tiny bit at a time until the centerpin screws in far enough for the KFL to sit flush.

Twitter: xandermac

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread