Sweet BWB Tobacco?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Synnuh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2012
Orange Park, FL
I'm going to be putting in another order soon, and have been wondering what may be a good, sweet-ish BWB tobacco.

I've tried Maple, Cherry, Melon, Applewood, 555, 555e, Honey Flue, Honey Flue Nut, Casablanca, and Malty Toffee.

Of those, I enjoyed Cherry and Melon. I typically enjoy Flue Cured, but don't think I gave Honey Flue a good enough chance before I sold it off. The others, bleh.. didn't care for any of the nuts, and the applewood changed to a creamy taste that I didn't care for. The Casa had a peppery taste that didn't set well with me.

What I am looking for is a smooth tobacco that has a nice, semi sweet finish. If anyone has tried NLV Twilite, I am looking for something comparable to it with BWB's tobacco base.

Any suggestions?

Ruppy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2010
WV
Hmmmm Backo and Virginia are both nice smooth tobaccos. Probably my favorite of all of Dons tobaccos honestly. If I get a desire for a little bit sweeter I spice them up with a touch of malty. IMO they fit well together. Malty dosent really alter the flavor but sweetens them up nicely.

If you like them a bit more earthy then Adirondack is a good choice.

Synnuh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2012
Orange Park, FL
Virginia was one that I had thought about because I saw "Sweet Virginia" on another site. I'll give both of those a try, and pick up some more Malty Toffee and a bottle of Malty while I'm at it.

Guess I'll have to wait until Don opens back up again. Thanks for the suggestions, though. It's hard to find a tobacco as nice as what he's making.

Malty, Malty Toffee, Virginia, Backo, Melonbacko, and Cherry Tobacco. Maybe some fruits in there, too -- love green apple, and peach.

Last edited:

Ruppy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2010
WV
Virginia was one that I had thought about because I saw "Sweet Virginia" on another site. I'll give both of those a try, and pick up some more Malty Toffee and a bottle of Malty while I'm at it.

Guess I'll have to wait until Don opens back up again. Thanks for the suggestions, though. It's hard to find a tobacco as nice as what he's making.

Malty, Malty Toffee, Virginia, Backo, Melonbacko, and Cherry Tobacco. Maybe some fruits in there, too -- love green apple, and peach.
Pretty sure hes opening back up on Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread