Ordering my Buzz Pro caused pause....

Status
Not open for further replies.

s3anvap3s

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2011
Loganville, GA
So everywhere I look they say ONLY use protected batts in mods. EXCEPT the batts that Notcigs sells with the Buzz Pro! :glare: These are the Powerizer 650 mAh 16340's. I know Pbusardo says they are the longest lasting out of the 5 different types he tested. Notcigs claims that there are several layers of protection built into the device itself, but I'm still paranoid. Should I be?

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
I've been using the Powerizers since I got the BP with no issues. It's got undercurrent and other protection built into the mod just don't use those batts in a mod that doesn't have protection built in.

I don't have any pause using them and they perform great but if you do want to use protected pick up some AW 750 mah RCR123 batteries. Great batteries that will get you almost the same battery life.

Ruppy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2010
WV
You can use protected 16340s if you want ;) You just have to get them elsewhere. I use protected AWs but thats because I already had them. Entirely up to you. The Buzz pro has reverse battt protection, short protection, overcurrent protection, undercurrent protection etc all built in. As nom said, if you go with powerizers dont use them in another mod.

bikertrash

Oct 29, 2011
NC
I prefer protected batts.. Nice extra layer of protection.. search Youtube for what a lithium battery does when it becomes shorted or unstable.. That will help you decide... If you think a Li battery is getting hot, toss it out the window FAST.. Try not to hit a car or ped.. These batts are serious bombs waiting to happen under the correct circumstances. They're in our phones too... Not a problem if used/applied in relatively safe manners. Using unprotected batts is a choice and sometimes a requirement with certain devices for the 'device' to function as designed.... I have one... a Provari... But, I also use protected batts sometimes in my provari with very few issues. But, nuisance trips are a part of it...

Its all a choice. Make it an informed choice. Make sure YOU are properly informed and know what is going on with your choices, otherwise, you shouldn't be using them (Li batteries).

BuzzKill

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2009
Central Coast Ca.
www.notcigs.com
  • Deleted by classwife
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread