Status
Not open for further replies.

pizza2me

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2010
Maryland
Soon to be a proud owner of a Buzz Pro that I won in a contest from a very gracious ECF member. I can't find what I'm looking for here, so I'll ask some very specific questions. If this is posted somewhere else here and I haven't found it, please point me to it and delete this thread.

I know that the Powerizer Rcr123a 3.7 volt battery is for the Buzz Pro. What are my other options.

1) Will any Rcr123a 3.7V be ok?

2) Are there any Rcr123a 3.7V that are protected? (In case I want to use them in another non-protected mod)

3) Will cr123 3V batts work in the Buzz Pro? ( I have another non-VV mod I was planning on putting 2 of these in to make it 6V. It would be nice if I could use the same batteries in both)

4) Can I use a Trustfire Multifunctional Charger (listed to charge 10430/10440/14500/16340 /17670/18650 batts) to charge the Powerizer Rcr123a 3.7 volt batteries? (since I already have one)

5) Can the Tr-001 be used to charge 18650 XSL 2600mAh Battery - Protected?

Help please! As soon as possible. I want to have what I need on hand when my BP arrives. (Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!)

Last edited:

Ma'am

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2010
Florida
The Buzz Pro uses 16340 batteries. Powerizer batts are 16340 batteries and to me, they're better than the AW protected 16340 batteries, seem to have a longer usage life.

Yes, the Trustfire charger you have is fine (and one that most use) to charge the Powerizer batteries. :)

Like I stated above, the 16340's from AW (black/silver) are protected and can be used in other mods too.

Now for the other questions, I'll let someone else answer those cause I'm not quite sure bout those.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Soon to be a proud owner of a Buzz Pro that I won in a contest from a very gracious ECF member. I can't find what I'm looking for here, so I'll ask some very specific questions. If this is posted somewhere else here and I haven't found it, please point me to it and delete this thread.

I know that the Powerizer Rcr123a 3.7 volt battery is for the Buzz Pro. What are my other options.

1) Will any Rcr123a 3.7V be ok?

2) Are there any Rcr123a 3.7V that are protected? (In case I want to use them in another non-protected mod)

3) Will cr123 3V batts work in the Buzz Pro? ( I have another non-VV mod I was planning on putting 2 of these in to make it 6V. It would be nice if I could use the same batteries in both)

4) Can I use a Trustfire Multifunctional Charger (listed to charge 10430/10440/14500/16340 /17670/18650 batts) to charge the Powerizer Rcr123a 3.7 volt batteries? (since I already have one)

5) Can the Tr-001 be used to charge 18650 XSL 2600mAh Battery - Protected?

Help please! As soon as possible. I want to have what I need on hand when my BP arrives. (Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!)

1. Yes

2. These are but I like the powerizers better. With all the protection it has you don't need protected batteries.
sku_28379_1.jpg

3. Not very long. The PCB is set up for 3.7 volt batteries.

4. Yes

5. If they will fit and I tink they do. I used the adapter Mike sells on my charger to successfully charge a 510 3.7 volt battery.

Last edited:

Baldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Dallas, Tx
If you need them to be used in another mod that doesn't have built in protection, then you need protected batteries.

But if you don't have to have that protection because all the mods you use have protection built in, then I'm pretty sure BuzzKill used a high end battery tester, tested a lot of batteries, and that the powerizers came out as the batteries with the best results. I'm pretty sure that's why he sells those.

I have two sets of Powerizers from him, and those are what I use over and over. I think I get about 6 to 8 hours on a set most of the time. If it's been over 4 and I'm close to my charger, I swap out and start them recharging.

I also have a set of these from madvapes, which have the protection. They work, and I don't notice a whole lot of difference. I carry them as emergency backups and such. I haven't had to use them often.

Protected Trustfire 16340/CR123 Lithium Ion Battery, 3.7v, 880mah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread