just ordered my Buzz Pro today, questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

lunaruss

Verified Member
Nov 10, 2010
Pennsylvania, USA
I just ordered my Buzz Pro today (it was between this or the Provari, i went for this)this will be my first VV mod, going from a Silver Bullet. I had a ffew questions though. I noticed on the notcigs site the batteries you purchase from then are RCR123a non protected batteries, I was under the impression that protected batteries are all you should ever use in a mod, is it safe to use the non protrcted ones in this mod? Also at the moment all I have are Cisco spec LR 1.5 Patty's, will I still be able to use them? What ohm Atty/cartos seem to work best with the Buzz Pro? I appologize i know that post is lenghty but just a few of many questions I am sure I actually have. :)

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
I'm sure they are protected batteries at least the ones I got from him were but the Buzz Pro has 5 way protection built into it so your protected anyway. You'll like this a lot better than the Provari. You can use LR attys and cartos but there's no need to now that you raised the voltage and using LR will cut into your vaping time. I keep my cartos above 2 Ohms and they last me 16 hrs. where as the LRs lasted me around 8.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Well that's just my time and it varies but the technology he uses gives the best battery times of any PV that I know of. Plus if you ever have a problem you'll love the customer service. It's beyond reproach. BTW welcome to the notcig forum. If you have any question s just ask and someone will answer plus we get into some fun stuff here.

mistinthewoods

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Brooklyn, MI
Hey luna, Notcigs sells the protected Ultrafire batts. ICR123A 3.7v Battery SET for the Buzz - notcigs.com
The unprotected ones you see are a new product Mike found that did well in some testing he recently conducted concerning charge life. 5Card is right about the protection circuitry though. The Buzz has circuitry that cuts off when the batteries get into the 3.2-3.5 volt range. The protection in the battery is really redundant in a Buzz.

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
good pic on a mod! I use my cisco attys all the time and no problems..

I just ordered my Buzz Pro today (it was between this or the Provari, i went for this)this will be my first VV mod, going from a Silver Bullet. I had a ffew questions though. I noticed on the notcigs site the batteries you purchase from then are RCR123a non protected batteries, I was under the impression that protected batteries are all you should ever use in a mod, is it safe to use the non protrcted ones in this mod? Also at the moment all I have are Cisco spec LR 1.5 Patty's, will I still be able to use them? What ohm Atty/cartos seem to work best with the Buzz Pro? I appologize i know that post is lenghty but just a few of many questions I am sure I actually have. :)

emonty

Flavor Junky
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2009
the Netherlands
@Buzzkill:

just curious: I just received nr 19, but surely there are more sold/made....I am aware that it is a collectors item ;-) but is there any difference with the later batches?

As a general rule of thumb the Lower the resistance the lower the vape time FYI , The BP has all kinds of protection built into it , the battery warning we are all aware of if for NON protected mods like an SB or just a battery holder .

BuzzKill

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2009
Central Coast Ca.
www.notcigs.com
@Buzzkill:

just curious: I just received nr 19, but surely there are more sold/made....I am aware that it is a collectors item ;-) but is there any difference with the later batches?

The S/N are random ! so you get what we pull off the shelf , no changes to date .

mistinthewoods

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Brooklyn, MI
@Buzzkill:

If you just bought it it wasn't built very long ago. Mike had the tubes numbered (there was 500 in the first order) but they haven't built them in any particular order that I'm aware of. I'm veneering tubes that have a wild variety of numbers on them.
My buzz Pro is #115 and I got it about a month ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread