Ok so my first run in with the local vapor shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bramble

ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2014
Utah
Yeah, All women need to be put back in their "Rightful Places" And then blamed for "Your reaction to her".....Did someone from 2014 really just say that?? :-x

It's always good to blame someone else for our impulses to clench our fists and think of beating someone. The clerk, the provarinati in our heads...

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Well the goodnews is that that "review" site doesn't come up easily in a google search. The wall of shame was hilarious lol.

Yup, that page has had so few views yet it doesn't even register with Alexa. Let's not give him any free traffic from links to it from here.

Maurice Pudlo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2013
United States
It's always good to blame someone else for our impulses to clench our fists and think of beating someone. The clerk, the provarinati in our heads...

Thank god she wasn't dressed in a short skirt … she was asking for it, look at how she dresses.

People suck

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Okay folks, you need to calm down.

If I was a moderator I would shut this thread at it has become a Bash Festival on the original poster.
We aren't even sure if his original post was tongue-in-cheek or sarcastic or what.

I can certainly imagine that the original poster is afraid to post again though.
So I don't know that he will be clarifying his intention any time soon on this thread.

But clearly, the PC Police have come out in force.

I thought the initial post was kinda funny.
But I have a sense of humor.

Regardless, I can see thinking that the original post was in bad taste to some extent.
But the attacks are a bit much.

And don't start going off on me about beating women either, because you don't know me.
I did a year of volunteer work at a battered women's shelter, and I abhor the idea of a man beating a women for ANY reason.

I spent long nights on the phone with battered women and abused children trying to get them to leave and seek shelter.
It's a horrible and painful thing to deal with, and it's certainly no joke.

But damn, the PC Police need to lighten up.

Last edited:

Glen Snyder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
It's BACON... bacon.jpg

Maurice Pudlo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2013
United States
Much of the comments are appropriate considering the content they are addressing.

We can assume the story is a fabrication and look at this in a totally different light, a joke in bad taste, or we can take it at face value and have any number of emotional responses. I wouldn't like to be said employee (the woman) and find the story and that one of her customers was thinking that way, she might be a bit badly effected.

Further more, it would be very sad if the forum members were all light hearted about it. Most of us aren't for good reason.

Maurice

duroSIG556R

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2013
United States
Arrogantly played. Did your ProVari swell with pride when you made everyone in the shop feel stupid? How was that any better than how the woman behind the counter acted? You showed off your expensive toys and master coil building abilities. Way to go.

+1. Seriously...

TheJakeBailey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Austin,TX, USA
Going to this specifically:

I'm not going to justify my attitude or anything else, but this was the point in what I was trying to make. Got it, it holds batteries, therefore "Battery holder".

The reason it made me a little curious and kind of chipped at me was just due to the fact that she works in a shop and has never seen a mod with a digital display before? Yet they sell the Innokin iTaste MVP series. Odd isn't it? Overall, the point I was making was you don't work for a business and not know what you're selling, or be somewhat of the 'subject matter expert' (SME) of the other items that may walk into your store. That would be like me trying to sell and repair TV's and not know a damn thing about the brand, manufacturing process, parts, accessories, etc of every possible brand of television that walked through my door. Not to mention you had to be there to hear HOW it was said as well. I think that's why the other salespeople that were in there were kind of thrown back and she was quickly moved off the sales floor. Again, am I justifying my blunt and straightforward response? No, I'm clarifying what my post was intended to be about. Knowledge of your products and various other products out and about. Again, other than that, pretty good store to stop into. The rest of the folks there have a pretty vast knowledge of their equipment both in and out of the store. They were also pretty helpful as well. And yes, I did ask them a lot of questions, they did answer them in a professional manner, and if they didn't know they said "We really don't know". Which to me is an acceptable answer. Would I have did the same thing with any other device? Absolutely.

Now back to my hole... ah but before I go - needed to mention - my wife wanted to see what all the craze was about, why I've been spending copious amounts of time in my "den" and what I've been brewing up. She's smoked back in her teen years and just didn't like it, she's smoked hookahs with me in the past and loved it, although it gave her a headache from time to time. So she wanted to taste some of that "flavored air", which is what she calls it, and I was cool with that. Now she's content and she's having a blast. I told her I would eventually get her an RBA / RDA so she could build her own stuff, even show her how to do it. Or direct her in the right direction to get it done. She wrapped her first coil, made her first atomizer setup, and told me it was frustrating at first but she had fun doing it. And she'd gladly do it again.

Here it is.

sky4it

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2013
Minnesota
OK this was a fun read. I see stuff like this a lot, the arrogant tones of some owners. What I still can't comprehend is where anyone would come off with an arrogant attitude about a $200 device. Folks, it's $200. Not 200k. Realistically, any grown up who wanted one can/would get one.

Stop a second and think: What other $200 thing do you own that you think sets you apart? Makes you special or superior in some way? My phone was more than that. I've had bigger bar tabs than that. Hell, I've "made it rain" more than that.

Maybe a little perspective is in order here. At the end of the day, it's 2 hondo. Thats it. Hardly an AmEx Black card now, is it?

Well stated, I own a 200 dollar Persian Cat, who lately has been angry and "special", a true temperamental beast.

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
I have an iTaste VV, MVP, SVD and a ProVari and I'm not a hipster nor a D-bag....Plus I don't beat women. Just sayin....

I don't have any of those things but a ProVari. I don't have a neck beard. I'm pretty sure most people don't think I'm a D-bag. I also beat women...

at bowling. They in turn, beat me at pool :p

I want an MVP too. Does that make me a bad person?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread