So disappointed in new local vape shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be funny to see some vape gear entrepreneurs on Shark tank. :laugh:

Or we need like a Gordon Ramsey to do a Hell's Vape shop show and teach many of these new start-ups how to operate. Some really don't know what they are getting into, particularly with customer service and profit expectations. Seen almost half a dozen come and go in my area in less than a year. Soon as people realize that:

vaping + internet = tremendous savings

the small shops are in trouble.

Penn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2013
In the wilderness
There is a vape shop in your listed city.

Your location says Brunswick. If I am right, one hour in either direction on I95 lands you in decent sized cities of Jacksonville and Savannah. Both cities have more than one vape shop.

I don't know how good you are at searching the internet but I simply typed in Brunswick vape into duckduckgo (you can of course use google). First listing was yellowpages which has this listing Vapor Shack Brunswick, GA, 31525 - YP.com

As already stated, competition will squelch these bad types of shops or they will adapt.

If that doesn't work for you look at other search results. Expand out form Brunswick if you don't have luck finding a decent shop in that search. Since you are willing to drive an hour I can tell you one person told me a decent shop exists in Savannah but I don't know which one it is.

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
Chicago
Sadly, that's par for course. New vapers need B&M's, and the greedy owners are running them off.

I have to concur that it is par for the course. But I think new vapers do find these place and I think it does help them instead of running them off. It runs them off when they find a place like ECF and then the new vaper is seasoned and realizes what a rip off the B&M and the B&M loses any long term business it might get. That's a bad business plan.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    I live in a medium sized town way out in the boondocks (Utah). I think it's funny that with a STATE population that is less than many CITY populations in other parts of the country, there are no less than 20 vape shops within easy driving distance of my house. Trust me, when there is a vape shop on every corner, prices become reasonable real quick.

smiddlet68

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    New chain store just opened in my town. Dude said they were targeting new vapers. So pre-mixed juice and starter kits. Said they weren't too concerned with supplying hobbyists. I'm not too concerned with giving them any of my money.

GREED.. we have one a starter kit B&M on every corner down here.. and they are all the same .. they are buying the china specials and selling them at authentic prices.. i have been so tempted to go in on a huge group buy on starter kits.. and set up a booth in some random parking lot in front of those stores and and charge like $5 over my cost just to prove a point...

I don't mind you covering your overhead and making a few bucks i do have a problem with you making 200%-300%

We have a couple B&Ms down here charging $95 for a dual 650mah EVOD Kit.. come on man how are we going to entice folks to quit smoking by making their first purchase seem like a prostate exam..

and yes i bought one long ago and then found ECF after.. shame on me for not doing my homework.. now i educate everyone i know that expresses interest in quiting..

RANT OVER... thx..lol

jiveturkey

Sep 26, 2014
    SRQ FLA
    We've got a few stores like that in my town. I went into one shop that had almost nothing. A few expensive eGo starter kits, one MVP2 (priced at $85), and the only juice they carry is Totally Wicked (there's a TW shop two miles away). I asked if they stocked kanthal wire and the person behind the counter didn't know what I was talking about.

Fortunately, there's at least one shop in town doing it right, and it's less than a mile from where I work. Fantastic selection of mods and atomizers, authentic and clones, lots of juices including some premium lines, all the tools and supplies you need to rebuild, really great prices that are quite close to online pricing, and very knowledgeable staff. The guys know vaping and vapers, and it shows. From beginner to hobbyist, it's exactly the kind of local shop you want near by and I support them as much as possible.

Shout out to City of Vapors in Sarasota! :vapor: :2cool:

Steamix

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 21, 2013
    Vapistan
    It cuts both ways - attempting to stay in business not just for the fast buck can be dicey as well. The usual suspects in China keep churning out 'new and improved' stuff jist like household detergents : It's still a coil with a kind of tank around it and some airholes. Yet everything is touted as the next best thing after sliced bread.
    Sure, there is genuine progress and a decent speed of technical 'evolution'. But there's also hype and tall claims.

And woe to the B&M owner who happens to get stuck with a large inventory when an 'all new and improved' thingamajig hits the market....

bluecat

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 22, 2012
    Cincy
    I live in a medium sized town way out in the boondocks (Utah). I think it's funny that with a STATE population that is less than many CITY populations in other parts of the country, there are no less than 20 vape shops within easy driving distance of my house. Trust me, when there is a vape shop on every corner, prices become reasonable real quick.

Competition is great.

Stacy1

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 6, 2014
    Brunswick,GA,USA
    There is a vape shop in your listed city.

Your location says Brunswick. If I am right, one hour in either direction on I95 lands you in decent sized cities of Jacksonville and Savannah. Both cities have more than one vape shop.

I don't know how good you are at searching the internet but I simply typed in Brunswick vape into duckduckgo (you can of course use google). First listing was yellowpages which has this listing Vapor Shack Brunswick, GA, 31525 - YP.com

As already stated, competition will squelch these bad types of shops or they will adapt.

If that doesn't work for you look at other search results. Expand out form Brunswick if you don't have luck finding a decent shop in that search. Since you are willing to drive an hour I can tell you one person told me a decent shop exists in Savannah but I don't know which one it is.

Vapor shack has already come and gone. They did'nt last long at all. Never went there. The shop I was speaking on is in waycross. I have been to two shops in Jacksonville. One's home base is actually a booth set up at a flea market. Though their advertisement sounded amazing, all they sold was some cigalike I have never heard of that was ridiculous in price, and their own 100% VG line of juice. The other did have some variety of hardware, but at the time I had only been vaping a couple of weeks and didn't have a clue what I was doing, and they couldn't help me. I don't know if it was the owners in the shop or just hired help, but they did not know anymore than I did. I told them I was looking to get into RDAs and the lady picked up a disposable tank like a ce4, and asked if they looked like that. I left frustrated with the same set up I entered the store with. There are shops if I'm willing to travel an hour or so. Every month or so there is a new one popping up in the bigger cities, but I've yet to find one that someone who is a cigarette smoker can go into, wanting to give up smokes and find the guidance they need as to a beginner set up for a decent price, and someone that can answer any questions or concerns they may have. It's been my experience that there are alot of people in business that do not even know what the business is much less having any knowledge about the products they are trying to move

kc05

Sep 22, 2014
    United States
    We've got a few stores like that in my town. I went into one shop that had almost nothing. A few expensive eGo starter kits, one MVP2 (priced at $85), and the only juice they carry is Totally Wicked (there's a TW shop two miles away). I asked if they stocked kanthal wire and the person behind the counter didn't know what I was talking about.

Fortunately, there's at least one shop in town doing it right, and it's less than a mile from where I work. Fantastic selection of mods and atomizers, authentic and clones, lots of juices including some premium lines, all the tools and supplies you need to rebuild, really great prices that are quite close to online pricing, and very knowledgeable staff. The guys know vaping and vapers, and it shows. From beginner to hobbyist, it's exactly the kind of local shop you want near by and I support them as much as possible.

Shout out to City of Vapors in Sarasota! :vapor: :2cool:

Cool, I live near Sarasota, I'll have to check it out.

VHRB2014

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 16, 2014
    Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
    Hope he adapts,
    and did`nt borrow money from his parents, :?(

If it make you feel any better, my local shop sucks too. I have`nt found it necessary to go in there in 5 months. Used to buy from them on a weekly basis, LOL.
    Thank God for ECF, google, fasttech, and the lot of them that releave me from my money!

R:?)

Penn

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 19, 2013
    In the wilderness
    Vapor shack has already come and gone. They did'nt last long at all. Never went there. The shop I was speaking on is in waycross. I have been to two shops in Jacksonville. One's home base is actually a booth set up at a flea market. Though their advertisement sounded amazing, all they sold was some cigalike I have never heard of that was ridiculous in price, and their own 100% VG line of juice. The other did have some variety of hardware, but at the time I had only been vaping a couple of weeks and didn't have a clue what I was doing, and they couldn't help me. I don't know if it was the owners in the shop or just hired help, but they did not know anymore than I did. I told them I was looking to get into RDAs and the lady picked up a disposable tank like a ce4, and asked if they looked like that. I left frustrated with the same set up I entered the store with. There are shops if I'm willing to travel an hour or so. Every month or so there is a new one popping up in the bigger cities, but I've yet to find one that someone who is a cigarette smoker can go into, wanting to give up smokes and find the guidance they need as to a beginner set up for a decent price, and someone that can answer any questions or concerns they may have. It's been my experience that there are alot of people in business that do not even know what the business is much less having any knowledge about the products they are trying to move

I've been around a lot of the state but I never heard of Waycross. That got me wondering where it was as well as if there was a city at least as big as Valdosta somewhat near you. I didn't realize how far removed Brunswick is from larger urban areas. It is nice to have vape shops in reasonable driving distance but at least online is decent if you can wait. I guess for you it is just low quality stuff at WallyWorld or overpaying at a head shop if you are in a pinch and need it now. Too bad that isn't good environment for people not already vaping and reluctant to order first time online.

Sorry I couldn't help.

James Wilson

ECF Veteran
    Aug 19, 2014
    Lebanon, Indiana, United States
    Sudden urge to start my own vape shop....

I have this very same urge. This is something I actually would love to do. I am still learning but I'd be honest about that with my customers as well. I also wouldn't overcharge them like some of these shops do.

To the original poster. I can't believe how much he jacked up the price on that. For that price I can just order another Itaste vv with a Kanger Aerotank mini online. Actually i would be paying a bit less then he wants. I have actually seen other shops try to do the same as this. I was in at this one in Indianapolis that did the same thing. Didn't have a good selection and when I looked at the price I immediately thought "F that" lol. The thing is at least the stuff I saw were kits for that price. Or they appeared to be. I didn't bother to ask to take a closer look at them. lol I also can relate to the exciting feeling. I found out a small gas station in town sold vape stuff. I got excited. My step dad came with me. At the time he was interested trying vaping. Not as much interest now sadly. But he was excited to check out the place too. The thing is I went in first. He eventually came in after me. The thing is I went in there and immediately could tell the place was crap. But I asked some questions. It was clear I knew more then the guy and i could tell he didn't even vape. He had a back of analogs in his shirt pocket. I had planned on just leaving and telling my step dad the place was crap when he came in. He was like you should have told me this was it. I let him look. The guy showed him some eGos he had. The guy described them as disposable vapes. I get the tanks you gotta replace on them are cheap to replace and you gotta with them every now and then. Or at least later get a better tank. But the eGo itself shouldn't be described as disposable. As soon as he said that both me and my step dad look at each other and decided we should leave. lol. I will say his juices are from a good place. Hoosier Vapes. While I understand his pricing does need to be a bit higher to make a profit, i'd only get some there if I was out and desperate for some. Otherwise I'd just order my juices off the net. Though there is a shop in Indianapolis I have heard is really good. I just haven't been able to get out there to it. Nor do I really have money to spare right now to spend there. I guess though they have over 350 flavors you can try at their flavor bar before buying. They also have decent pricing. On tues and thurs 10ml bottles of juice for 3.99. Once my tax check comes in I might go in and stock up on a lot of juice. I am thinking of also getting me a small cabinet or something to store all my juices in.

James Wilson

ECF Veteran
    Aug 19, 2014
    Lebanon, Indiana, United States
    my local shop has the mvp for 70..which i still think is pretty high. I dont mind some of there juices and there premium juices are spot on with online prices so i stick to just juice and an occasional tank.

Which module of MVP and is it a part of a kit? If is a newer module and includes a tank, charger and all that, while it is a bit high it isn't near as big of a rip off as was described by the original poster. lol.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread