Military Discount / Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikeo

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Central Illinois
That's a hard story to read, but I hope everyone can take it to heart.
I have lived with my boyfriend for 4 years and he returned from his 4th combat tour two years ago.
PTSD and a back injury have plagued him since his return and I am grateful that he has sought treatment instead of hiding from it.
After 2 years he still wont stay more than 30 minutes at the high school football game because they shoot off fireworks with each touchdown. He had to leave my older son's graduation when the kids started popping balloons. I could go on for days with examples, but am grateful that our life is slowly getting to a new normal.
I never realized how dramatically PTSD affected even the smallest joys in life and hope that the recognition and treatment will continue to progress.

Thank you for sharing....

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
www.nicoticket.com
I have lived with my boyfriend for 4 years and he returned from his 4th combat tour two years ago.
PTSD and a back injury have plagued him since his return and I am grateful that he has sought treatment instead of hiding from it.
After 2 years he still wont stay more than 30 minutes at the high school football game because they shoot off fireworks with each touchdown. He had to leave my older son's graduation when the kids started popping balloons. I could go on for days with examples, but am grateful that our life is slowly getting to a new normal.
I never realized how dramatically PTSD affected even the smallest joys in life and hope that the recognition and treatment will continue to progress.

Please convey our gratitude for your b/f service and sacrifice! (And, welcome to the NuT house!)

penguiness

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2014
Nashville, TN, USA

Jen, and thank YOU, too. I think it is harder being on the other end, being there and being helpless through most of it.

sir_puffs_alot

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2014
Hillsborough, NJ, USA
my sister is going to be deployed to Africa very soon. She is stationed at Fort Detrick maryland medical command installation as a Captain working in the boilogical defense program. She is a phd in bio chemics and infectious diseases. I am very worried about her traveling into the hot zone in africa to help with Ebola, last night I had a horrible dream about it...horrible. Anyway thanks for sharing Kent and thanks to all service members. Ps shes interested in vaping and asked about a good juice company, I told her about nicoticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread