Status
Not open for further replies.

DasBluCig

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2013
Chichester, NH
The thing is man this is widespread now, seems to me if they wanted to stop this, big tobacco etc should have been on it a long time ago. I wouldn't put anything past them, but if they manage to significantly hurt us, I'll be kind of surprised. maybe I'm just optimistic. but that is why it's important that we all write to them
Agree!!
At this point the FDA would have an easier time outlawing PENCILS!!:D
"But.....Don't pencils have LEAD in them????? For God's sake....THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!":facepalm:
Happy (vaping) Trails!

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
4th wick in, every hit perfect. why didn't I start and end with a REO? in case of the looming vapocalypse, my new goal is to purchase at least 2 more REOs before the end of 2014. two will be in rotation; one will sit unopenned. I will order tons of o-rings, screws etc repair kits etc by the end of the year as well. Not to mention a lot of NT juice.

Stand and Vape United, hoping for the best, preparing for the worst. If we have several durable life long devices like REOs, then the worst case scenario for us is one day we may have to resort to unflavored nic or no nic--pure VG or something but we'll still be able to vape. At that point, the laws will have inconvenienced and taken some of the joy away from vaping, but not destroyed it. For US. But for the millions of people that could be helped in the future, the laws could destroy their chances.

If you haven't bought a REO yet, do it soon, in case you no longer are able to further down the road.

Amberina

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
Actually even in worst case scenario we could get flavorings for our liquid nic. The flavorings that are used for e liquids are the same used in food. It is super easy to get. Also many people make their own flavor extracts.
Now that being said- it wouldn't taste nearly as good as our beloved Nicoticket Juices. I believe that Clark and Katy have a gift for mixing (not to mention they happen to make some of the best extracts in the freaking world!!).
However, with time and lots of practice, we could come up with something decent.
Hopefully it will NEVER have to come to this- it is just worst case scenario.
Just make sure that every one of us does our part and submits a comment....

I REALLY don't want to have to go even a day without my Nicoticket. Even the thought makes me sad...........

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
True Amberina and I can;t imagine life without NT.
finally changed flavors - loaded in some Strawnilla. Wick is breaking in so too soon to say my thoughts of it in the REO.
my partner is interested in DIY, she thinks it would be fun. personally I'd rather just support Clark and vape my Wakonda LOL but nah, it would be fun indeed and good vapocalypse training.
Though I don't think the FDA will overly restrict it when all is said and done. Especially not if enough of us raise our testimonies.

*as wick is breaking in* well I'm no longer afraid of changing flavors...can't taste Wakonda at all. probably should have rinsed out the new bottle before loading a juice in it, but oh well...

Well, it's semi-broke in, and my batteries finished charging so its time to pack up and go on a *long* hike--aiming for 14-17 miles today up Mt Colden via Avalanche Pass. I know that may not register with most of you who aren't familiar with my area but I'll sum it up: one of the most beautiful hikes I know of, though I haven't gone up Colden via the "extreme" trail I plan on using today!

Will report on SN flavor tonight. For now I'll say, it's a little underwhelming actually, It's fantastic but I expected an enormous flavor boost in it. Not at all upset I switched - again it's fantastic, will be nice in the woods I think. I need to recoil and play with my build to try and bring out more flavor. I seem to be getting a lot of cream and not a lot of strawberry.

kinggirl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2013
Dallas
yeah thats probably all it is. It sure is delicious though, and definitely better tasting than in my PT2, just not the incredible blast off I expected. a mix of my build and not steeped enough for sure :)

ok out the door - happy trails guys!

Have a great hike! I'll be happy to share additional things that helped me with my builds. On the rm2, did you leave the airhole as stock or did you slightly drill it out? How is your air hole aligned with the coil? And a pic of your coil would be helpful. Sometimes for me I just need to raise my coil 1mm to get MORE flavor out of it. But, curious about your airhole and whether it's stock.

kinggirl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2013
Dallas
yeah thats probably all it is. It sure is delicious though, and definitely better tasting than in my PT2, just not the incredible blast off I expected. a mix of my build and not steeped enough for sure :)

ok out the door - happy trails guys!

also, what ohm coil are you using and what gauge of kanthal did you use for your build?

Remie

ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2009
Florida
Just had to pop in here and say congrats sloth! *high five* buddy!! I'm so glad the REO slid you right into that comfy vaping pocket. Great color! It looks awesome!!

I am still going back and forth with the REO - I can certainly grasp the benefits, I'm still on the fence though... ( que the enablers!!
)

My latest kayfun builds are so pretty... and perfect :vapor: and I ended up with four of them (all nano :facepalm:) I'm now wondering if I can just buy the bigger tank sections :confused: :unsure: so that I have the bigger tank option... anyway...

An aside (because blathering is just my jam lol) :

The other night I was virtual vape shopping while half asleep (anyone else ever do this? :lol: I can't be the only one.... :ohmy:) Provape had a discount code so I put a pink and white mini into my shopping cart.... and... about an hour later I impulsively pulled the trigger. :ohmy:

but... but... it will keep my full size provari and MVP company *nodnodnod* and... it was on sale *nodnodnod* ...and I have more things to put my kayfuns on *nodnodnod*

Back to the REO -

So, with the REO - being unregulated - as long as I build my RDA coil to (X?) I'm safe? But I see posts where people sub ohm their coils... is this safe? How do I know?

I really have no desire to get into the sub ohm thing... I'm very happy right now building to 1.2 - 1.4ohm - and I admittedly know nothing about RDA let alone bottom fed ... but all the taste from dripping without having to actually drip.... is very appealing :)

Love the new avatar Sloth!! It's perfect... and Yay!! So happy you found what works for you!!!

JPinSTL

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
Just had to pop in here and say congrats sloth! *high five* buddy!! I'm so glad the REO slid you right into that comfy vaping pocket. Great color! It looks awesome!!

I am still going back and forth with the REO - I can certainly grasp the benefits, I'm still on the fence though... ( que the enablers!!
)

My latest kayfun builds are so pretty... and perfect :vapor: and I ended up with four of them (all nano :facepalm:) I'm now wondering if I can just buy the bigger tank sections :confused: :unsure: so that I have the bigger tank option... anyway...

The other night I was virtual vape shopping while half asleep (anyone else ever do this? :lol: I can't be the only one.... :ohmy:) Provape had a discount code so I put a pink and white mini into my shopping cart.... and... about an hour later I impulsively pulled the trigger. :ohmy:

but... but... it will keep my full size provari and MVP company *nodnodnod* and... it was on sale *nodnodnod* ...and I have more things to put my kayfuns on *nodnodnod*

Back to the REO -

So, with the REO - being unregulated - as long as I build my RDA coil to (X?) I'm safe? But I see posts where people sub ohm their coils... is this safe? How do I know?

I really have no desire to get into the sub ohm thing... I'm very happy right now building to 1.2 - 1.4ohm - and I admittedly know nothing about RDA let alone bottom fed ... but all the taste from dripping without having to actually drip.... is very appealing :)

Love the new avatar Sloth!! It's perfect... and Yay!! So happy you found what works for you!!!

Quit being a slacker and just get one. Worst case, your kayfuns will fire just fine on them.

motabrownie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2014
Lawrence, KS

)

Back to the REO -

Youll need a full size chimney to convert those nanos into full size. You might as well get a full size KFL+. And a REO lol. Mine is out for delivery as we speak :vapor:

glowplug

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
Lakewood, CO USA
Can't help you there yet shoebunnie...I'm clueless about the whole airhole thing. Even with people explaining it to me I don't get it lol. I just try to keep the airhole near the juice hole and align them away from my mouth when I hit it. the results are great. i don't understand what the o-ring is accomplishing per se...

I think i misread about dry burning it I'm not worried about it...REOnaut videos show dry burning it. I dry burned last night when i switched wick, no problems. let's just keep it up unless someone says don't.

but I mean like honestly, I believed you guys on the REO, but this thing is RIDICULOUS. I expected to re-do my coil today but don't want to because every. single. hit. is PERFECT. i'm sure I can replicate it but still. the reason i wanted to redo it is I twisted the wire ends and broke them off that way, instead of clipping and bending the ends upwards like the screws. I was told on the REO forum its best to bend them up with the screws to avoid them becoming loose. they did become loose after rewicking last night, so it didn't fire and I screwed it back down and no problems since. so REO folks, should I redo my coil, or keep running with it for a few days? I wont wait too long either way because coiling this beast was fun

What badge, DaBucs?

Lastly, anyone considering a REO, but like me thought it was too much money, listen man...buy the darn thing. I wish I had skipped to this and bypassed the KFL etc. but, not really. the practice helped out a lot.

I still use my KF3.1 daily. I also use tanks. But, I have maybe 4 setups all the time so I can bounce flavors at whim. The KF is just a wee bit less enjoyable than the Reo so it will continue in my rotation. The Reo is awesome, the BEST and will always be my first choice, forever!

As far as changing coil? I was given my Reo in early May. I was also given a premade coil by a wonderful Family member. I am still using the same coil and I vape a minimum of 5ml/day in the Reo. (I vape way too much but love it!) The Coiling Queen, Megan, has evaluated the status of coil and has given it a clean bill of health for an indefinite time. I do dry burn on the Reo. If I have the rm2 off for cleaning, I might dry burn on a mech or other mod but I don't ever remove it just to dry burn. No problems. I leave batteries in 24/7 and change when the vape falls off. My story, and I am sticking to it!

glowplug

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
Lakewood, CO USA
I probably missed this somewhere on the thread but I am going to mention it anyway. Sorry if it is a repeat post!

Go to the Reosmods site and watch the maintenance video. Not only CAN you get your Reo wet, you SHOULD. I needs a shower/bath, weekly some say. Since all the Reos sold now have the upgraded contacts, the only thing NOT to do is abrade the contacts. The are gold plated. If anything, use a pencil eraser and then wash. I use a bit of Dawn, a toothbrush and clean the inside/out really well, rinse, dry, load, squonk and enjoy vape bliss. I haven't given George a bath in far too long but he doesn't seem to mind a bit. I need to wash out the rm2 more than anything. I clean it up every time I rewick but I need to get it under some running water...kinda hard to clean with the coil mounted and the water is best.

Remember, the deck on the rm2 is ceramic and you can let the coil actually sit on it without a short. However, I don't know many folks who like the throat hit that harsh. I position mine much the same as Megan described.

Remember, a clean Reo/rm2 etc. is a happy Reo/rm2 etc.

kinggirl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2013
Dallas

)

Back to the REO -

I'm not a big fan of the sub ohm. Sometimes I accidentally do it and no it's not going to blow up on you. Don't go crazy low. I like mine right at .9-1ohm. That's sorta sub ohm, but not really. I consider sub ohm below .6. If you like the 1.2 range, then you have nothing to worry about. The only thing to actually "worry" would be that you kill your battery. With them being mechanical, there's nothing tell you when your battery is low. If you vape it til the battery dies, you've most likely damaged your battery. But I've never had that happen. If I feel like I'm wondering how low it is, I just pop it on my charger to see how low it meters. But, you can notice a drop off when the battery is getting low.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Man I'll post some pics in a bit...I am geeky over this dang REO man. Taking pics of it left and right while hiking. It's a rugged beast - had it in my pocket the whole time, vaped on it a fair amount, every hit perfect of course because it's REO. i'm sold to the point that I dont want to use anything else at all except for back up. no seriously - this is what I've been missing in vaping, like, everything about this. It just changed vaping entirely for me and I'm seeing why more and more each day.

kinggirl - I used 28ga kanthal (it's all i have) and like 9 wraps or so around a 5/64 drill bit. it's a 1.3ohm microcoil. I pulled it out towards the edge a bit from my original picture, and it is lined up pretty evenly with the airhole, i think. what kind of build do you recommend using 28ga kanthal?

tomorrow I'm gonna switch to either Virus or Naki's Blend...but though i want to try all the flavors...part of my soul is saying...Wakonda, more Wakonda...LOL

oh and Remie, get that dagnabbed REO ;)

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
oh and it's stock rm2 air hole...do you drill yours out? what exactly does that accomplish and how hard to do it? for an intechnical fool...like me? lol

edit - one other thing, for the REO junkies. my last rewick this morning for my Strawnilla seems to be an outstanding wick. here's what i did differently. i trimmed both ends very short, and left one of them hanging - that is, it comes out the end of the coil but does not touch the base. it's actualy the side nearest the juice hole. the other side comes down and touches the base a little bit. for some reason it just seems to be awesome with vapor production, and also i seem to need to squonk less (or maybe thats a SN vs Wakonda thing?). what are your thoughts REO wickers??

Last edited:

Amberina

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
I noticed with my wicks if I trim them so they're just barely touching the side with the juice hole its wicks up much better. If it's too long on that side it seems to take longer to wick up the juice. If it is just slightly above the hole, it wicks easily. On the other side I do leave it a bit longer- no much but a little bit. This wick works best for me for vapor production, more hits between squonks and less possibility of a dry hit. This type of wick works well with thicker juices.
Thinner juices obviously will wick quicker and I think the wick ends can be slightly longer (as long as I don't get too much to where it can almost clog up the juice hole)
I am no expert but this has been what has worked for me:)

Now some REO users use monster sized wicks that work beautifully but I don't think they're on a RM2.

Good luck and I'm glad you found a wick that is working awesome for you!!!

PS. I never commented on the name you chose.... very nice! REO's are beautiful rugged little things!! Like I have said before I am just a little bit accident prone and I drop my poor REO several times a day (mostly on the carpet thank goodness!!) but that thing just keeps on going.... I bought the red sparkle REO because it reminded me of the ruby slippers in Wizard of Oz and I named her Ruby.

kinggirl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2013
Dallas
oh and it's stock rm2 air hole...do you drill yours out? what exactly does that accomplish and how hard to do it? for an intechnical fool...like me? lol

edit - one other thing, for the REO junkies. my last rewick this morning for my Strawnilla seems to be an outstanding wick. here's what i did differently. i trimmed both ends very short, and left one of them hanging - that is, it comes out the end of the coil but does not touch the base. it's actualy the side nearest the juice hole. the other side comes down and touches the base a little bit. for some reason it just seems to be awesome with vapor production, and also i seem to need to squonk less (or maybe thats a SN vs Wakonda thing?). what are your thoughts REO wickers??

I took a 1/16 drill bit and just used my hands to turn it around in the hole. It won't fit at first but you don't have to have it attached to a drill. The metal is so soft it just churns out by hand. For me, having the airhole a tad bit bigger helped. I do it to all of my rm2s now. You might ask on the reo board what people think about drilling the airhole out and see the response you get. Someone told me to do it when I got mine months ago and did and then saw why. The more air you get over the coil, the more flavor and vapor. I also do a few less wraps so that it comes out to right around 1ohm. That's my happy spot.

do you have one of these? Cartomizer and Atomizer Ohm Meter - RTD vapor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread