Status
Not open for further replies.

MustangSallie

Mistress Blabber Mouth
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
USA
I'm relatively new to vaping, only 4 months in. I just made the switch from 808 autos to eGos. I prefer using cartomizers, dual coils being my favorites. Now I'm feeling confident enough to step up to a vv. After looking at reviews and doing a lot of reading on ECF I think I've finally narrowed it down to either a Buzz Pro or an Infinity Pro. I'm leaning towards the Infinity mostly for the size. I have relatively small hands, and I think I'd be more comfortable with the smaller diameter of the Infinity. I have a GoGo and it's fine, but I'm not sure now comfortable anything larger than that would be.

I ~think~ the Buzz Pro is more expensive than the Infinity Pro will be when it's released, so in my mind that means that the Buzz is... better somehow... ?

What are the advantages of the Buzz over the Infinity? Looking at the specs, they're both 3.3 - 5.5 vv, 15 watts max output, same adjustable voltage dial, both get 15 hours per charge. I think I even read somewhere that the internals are the same between then two. So why would I want a Buzz over the Infinity or vice versa?

Any insight is welcomed and greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

moorea

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2009
Marion, MT
phiniac.com
I've never used an Infinity, so I'm no help there. But I love my Buzz Pro. I have VERY small hands as well (I am just under 5ft tall) so my hands are tiny and my BP feels very comfortable in my hands. Before the BP I used an ego. The BP feels more solid.

The differeces between the BP and the IP are in looks. The BP is shorter and fatter and the IP is longer and skinnier. They function exactly the same with the same inner parts so it all comes down to which one you think looks nicer and which you think might feel nicer in your hands.

mistinthewoods

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Brooklyn, MI
+1 for the Buzz Pro:) I've had both an infinity and a buzz. I prefer the batts 16340's, the Buzz Pro uses and I like the shorter length on it. Tiny hands here:) Get a Buzz Pro, you'll love it. Also comes in wood veneer:)

Indeed it does. :)
The only difference you may find in the performance between the two is that the Buzz Batteries may hold a charge a bit longer than the Infinity batts.

moorea

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2009
Marion, MT
phiniac.com
Just got back from the Post Office... All I'm going to say now is NONE of the photos of the veneered ones do them justice! If a picture is worth a thousand words you would need five thousand words to describe just how beautiful the veneered Buzz's are!

And I'd be willing to wadger that my hands are tiny then just about any ones here. And my BP feels very nice in my hand. It has the solid feel of a really well made device. My tiny hands are one of the reasons I chose a buzz over infinity. The infinity just seemed really long for a tiny hand. I might get an infinity eventually but right now I am really loving my buzz.

I think Moorea covered it !! good job , you have now been PROMOTED !

Oh no!!! Promoted to what??? :unsure: :blink: :blush: :unsure: :blink: :blush:

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
The difference in the two is size and aesthetics. The Buzz Pro is shorter and a little thicker than the Infinity but I believe both will have the same finish. Both will have the same electronics. The Buzz Pro uses the 16340 batteries which last a little longer than the 14430 the Infinity Pro uses. I prefer to have both as they both have their place in my world but if I could only have one it would be the Buzz Pro.

BTW I love you avatar.

Last edited:

mistinthewoods

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Brooklyn, MI
Congrats moo :) I'm still waiting mine. Latest tracking info says that it's stuck in L.A.
I forgot to ask about this...Since veneering will increase the diameter of the device a bit, is the wheel (or hit control) still easily accessible?

The veneer is approximately 1/32" (don't know how that compares to a mm) and I kind of bevel the veneer down towards the wheel slot so the wheel is accessible. No one has reported it being an issue yet.

BuzzKill

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2009
Central Coast Ca.
www.notcigs.com
Congrats moo :) I'm still waiting mine. Latest tracking info says that it's stuck in L.A.
I forgot to ask about this...Since veneering will increase the diameter of the device a bit, is the wheel (or hit control) still easily accessible?

The way Mist does the veneer it is still accessible he tapers the wood near the wheel .

marviner

ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2011
Helsinki, Finland
A matchbook cover is approximately 0.64 mm so that's pretty thin.

Yup. That's actually amazingly thin. One of the reasons I wanted a veneered Buzz is that we have pretty darn cold winters here. Wooden surface feels much warmer against the bare skin, than metal when it's -30 degrees Celsius outside (-22F). Coldest winter week we got was back in late 80's in Lapland (Northern part of Finland). Temperature dropped to -50C (which is whopping -58F). I tell you it was cold...

moorea

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2009
Marion, MT
phiniac.com

The wheel control is almost flush to the venner. It is definately easier to spin the wheel on my BP that is not veneered, but with the veneer it does spin and the fact that it is a tiny bit more difficult is more then worth the beautiful veneer. The button is fine I don't notice a difference between the button on this one and my not veneered buzz!

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Yup. That's actually amazingly thin. One of the reasons I wanted a veneered Buzz is that we have pretty darn cold winters here. Wooden surface feels much warmer against the bare skin, than metal when it's -30 degrees Celsius outside (-22F). Coldest winter week we got was back in late 80's in Lapland (Northern part of Finland). Temperature dropped to -50C (which is whopping -58F). I tell you it was cold...
I know cold. I used to ride my snowcat when the windchill was -60F didn't figure out what the temp was going 40mph on a cat. I put gas in it one day and the funnel froze to my hand instantly. And that was nothing like the cold you get though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread