Status
Not open for further replies.

moorea

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2009
Marion, MT
phiniac.com
OK so I am really late to reply here, but I have been pretty busy (didn't realize how busy until I saw how far along this thread has gotten since I last read it) But here are my 2 cents worth, better late then never.

+1 to all who said they love their Buzz Pro, the only thing I like better is my Woody Buzz Pro! :p

I know it has already been mentioned by others, but I have extremely small hands (I am tiny 4' 10", maybe 9") my hands might just be smaller then Bov's! The buzz pro is very comfortable in my hands!

To those that asked the liquinator tanks are good and work well and I am sure that when notcigs tank ship they will be better!

frisco

ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2010
Asheville
It's the resistance of an atty or carto. LR is usually 2.4 ohms and under (typically 1.5 - 2 ohm). Standard is usually 2.5 - 3.3 (typically 3 ohm). 3.5 and higher is HR or HV (High Voltage). LR is used mainly on lower voltage devices (like the ego or similar 3.7v devices) to simulate high voltage vaping (warmer vapor and more of it). Standard/Regular is used on devices that produce voltages up to 5v. HR is used for 6v and 7.4v devices. The resistance (ohm) also reflects the warmth of vapor you intake as well. So if you like a warmer vapor you go with a lower ohm at a certain voltage. If you prefer a cooler vapor, a higher ohm at the same voltage will give you that result. Also, if you often get a burnt taste when vaping it can be caused by using an atty/carto that has too low an ohm rating for the voltage you are using. For example, using a 2 ohm atty/carto at 5v may produce a burnt taste because the atty/carto wasn't meant to be used at that high of a voltage. This burnt taste is caused by the filler and/or liquid burning because the atty/carto is running too hot. Dialing down the voltage to 3.7v or using a 2.5 - 3 ohm atty/carto would alleviate this problem. It's always good to know what the ohm rating is on an atty or carto because it's an indicator of what voltage you can use it with to produce optimal results for your vaping style without getting a burnt taste.

For reference:
Typically with LR you don't want to go above 4 - 4.5v or you will start to get the burning.

With a SR (standard) 3 ohm atty/carto you have a lot more freedom with your voltage range. You can run them at lower voltage to produce a cooler vapor or run them up to 6v for a warmer vapor. The closer to 6v you get the more likely you are to run into the burnt taste. Which is where HR/HV comes in.

HR/HV is for a cooler vapor at 6v and warmer above 6v.

Hope that makes sense. :)

Yes that made sense! Thank you for the info. Now I understand. I'd been using a regular 901 atty and getting a burnt taste but last night I put a 510 adapter on along with a 510 atty and voila, it is wonderful. Must be a higher ohm. No burnt taste at all. Now I love this Buzz Pro. I just wish I had gotten the 510 end cap rather than the 901 because it does add a little length to it. It's worth it though. A lot of the suppliers don't seem to list the ohms on their attys.

Modrod.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2010
AZ, USA
Yes that made sense! Thank you for the info. Now I understand. I'd been using a regular 901 atty and getting a burnt taste but last night I put a 510 adapter on along with a 510 atty and voila, it is wonderful. Must be a higher ohm. No burnt taste at all. Now I love this Buzz Pro. I just wish I had gotten the 510 end cap rather than the 901 because it does add a little length to it. It's worth it though. A lot of the suppliers don't seem to list the ohms on their attys.
Well I'm glad I could help and that you're a happy vaper again. :) On a side note, notcigs does sell the top caps separately so you could buy a 510 top cap and replace yours.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread