Boro Mod's, Tanks, Attys And More

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
I just checked tracking on my latest StealthVape order (dna 60) and for some reason it's landed in Chicago.
Ordered on 13 April and shipped 15 April.

That Chicago hub is the worst place to have a package sent to on the planet. Luckily yours is just passing through and maybe it won't be too bad. They get paid whether they work or not. And you guessed it, most of the time they don't feel like it. :(

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia
That Chicago hub is the worst place to have a package sent to on the planet. Luckily yours is just passing through and maybe it won't be too bad. They get paid whether they work or not. And you guessed it, most of the time they don't feel like it. :(
I've heard bad things about the Chicago hub.

This is some sort of anomaly - shipping from the UK to Aus with Royal Mail normally takes a week or so and is direct to Sydney. So far it's been 9 days from England and is now in America. Who knows where/when it will turn up.
I've never had a package from the UK routed through the USA before and it makes no sense.
I emailed Stealth Vape and asked them to send me a new one directly. We'll see how they respond. They are a really good business - well known for their CS

Tor R

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2020
    Mandal, Norway
    www.kinnheia.com
    Tor when you have wired your DNA 60 that way could you please post photos? Sounds like I might go that way in my next build. I have a 2019 BBV Piebald that needs a new board.
    View attachment 1011874
    I will do that, it will probably happen towards the weekend when I hope that a package from Phileas Clouds will land.

Nice project you have there T

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    I live not far south of Chicago and it takes way longer for stuff to get here than if it landed in CA. There seems to be two problems. Firstly packages take a long time to get past whatever goes on in Chicago. Secondly the guy with the map and the pin randomly selects a location somewhere in the US to send it to next.

Pigs

Vaping
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 7, 2019
    Sydney Australia
    I live not far south of Chicago and it takes way longer for stuff to get here than if it landed in CA. There seems to be two problems. Firstly packages take a long time to get past whatever goes on in Chicago. Secondly the guy with the map and the pin randomly selects a location somewhere in the US to send it to next.
    Doesn't bode well for me.

Tor R

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2020
    Mandal, Norway
    www.kinnheia.com
    StealthVape got back to me and politely washed their hands of it. Blamed Royal Mail. They have a point but it begs the question - does the vendor pass on responsibility once out the door, or are they responsible until it arrives with the buyer.
    I think most vendors let the transport company sort it out as step 1.
    However, if the package is lost by the transport company, they will of course sort it out.
    What Stealth Vape can do is contact Royal Mail so that RM pushes the package through the famous American hub.

Tor R

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2020
    Mandal, Norway
    www.kinnheia.com
    IMG_1891.jpeg

Then the battery groundimg came forward on the chipset, so there is common grounding in the chipset as it is on dna 75, 75c og 100c, it works.
    Fantastic, then my usb patent was wide open in the back.
    Unfortunately, I damaged the fire button cable a bit, we'll see if we can repair it, a Stanley knife and a bit of scraping then the copper in the flexi cable is open

badinfluence357

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 17, 2012
    NYC
    I'd love to take my customized 2020 BBV apart. To see how they did the USB port. Problem is it has been repainted with Cerakote, including the screws. And Cerakote can chip like porcelain. And I don't want to see any new chips anywhere.

View attachment 1011878
    I have seen this type of custom mod from elemental cerakote. It blew my mind when I first seened the camouflaged zombie green they made to auction off as a prize to raise money for a good cause... I thought the chip used was a Dicodes.

badinfluence357

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 17, 2012
    NYC
    With you and @badinfluence357 showing pics of your dots, I'm starting to get interested again. I bought a Tita a while ago and got a few bridges (including Dotshell ) but didn't fall in love. Might have been the device.
    Time to re-evaluate
    The dot at first is a little awkward. It doesn't use the flush nut to make the connection like other boro devices. its Its more of a nut to adjust a grommet thats used to seal the tank in place. Once you figure it out you will know if its for you. Its easy to pop the tank out without unscrewing anything to refill. My only problem is that I vape alot so I have to fill the dot boro multiple times a day.. its shaped like the Stubby so it feels great in your hand without the wight... I could see myself getting another one down the road...
    20240426_210819.jpg
    it's in my hand right now for fresh build Fridays hand check... I haven't heard that shizz in a while I just had to say it...

Pigs

Vaping
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 7, 2019
    Sydney Australia
    View attachment 1011928
    Then the battery groundimg came forward on the chipset, so there is common grounding in the chipset as it is on dna 75, 75c og 100c, it works.
    Unfortunately, I damaged the fire button cable a bit, we'll see if we can repair it, a Stanley knife and a bit of scraping then the copper in the flexi cable is open
    Interesting mate and such a great frame! I'd like to know how they create/anodise the different colour splotches.

badinfluence357

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 17, 2012
    NYC
    View attachment 1011928
    Thor, were you able to repair the flex cable on that fire button?

Tor R

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2020
    Mandal, Norway
    www.kinnheia.com
    Thor, were you able to repair the flex cable on that fire button?
    Yep, I got it fixed.
    The trick is to scratch a bit on the flexible cable with a Stanley knife, enough until you get to fresh copper, tin and solder.

I am expecting two complete bb switches and wires kit this week, the intention was of course not to have to use one of them on this mod.

On my bb 3 project, I will spend a lot longer to see if I can lay all the cables and flexible cables as well as I can.
    And it will be with DNA 60 C.

Users who are viewing this thread

• crss