Boro Mod's, Tanks, Attys And More

badinfluence357

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2012
NYC
A place to discuss and share information related to the ever growing boro mod platform. Feel free to post everything related to Boro mods, attys, tanks, face plates, buttons, modifications, customizations, repairs, and new drop's. Share photos and experiences with all of your boro devices and accessories. The idea is to create one place for all of us to come together not dedicated to one device but to all.

Thank you

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

badinfluence357

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2012
NYC
Daddy's got a new toy, I use to say the same thing everytime I got a new girlfriend. That was long long long ago...
20240325_125204.jpg

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
I've been thoroughly enjoying the recently released SXK DNA 60 Ionbox clone. The QC on my particular device is superb, and it's been practically glued to my hand since arriving. I currently have a couple of DNA 60 SXK Billet Boxes, and must admit that I'm liking the Ionbox MUCH better. Here's a couple of pics I posted in another thread with a DNA 60 Abyss for comparison:

SXK Ion.jpg

SXK Ion2.jpg

Here is something I'm REALLY enjoying compared to my Billet Boxes.... This pic was taken after 3 days of use without removing the boro, only refilling when needed:

Dry City Boro.jpg

NO CONDENSATION!! I mean dry!! In comparison to my Billet Boxes, I find this incredible, and attribute it to the air intake cut into the back of the Ionbox. The Ionbox also has the "old-school" box mod vibe going on that I like...it's just been a joy to use, and the first device that's had me excited to own in awhile. In fact, I just placed an order for another one in black..... ;) :)

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia
My stormtrooper BXR arrived today from 3Fvape.
Feels nice to hold, chip fires fast and the quality of the finish is good but has some rattle in the fire button. Battery cap threads are smooth and the door is tight. No play at all.
Overall first impression is excellent, especially for a USD$55 mod.

With the side and front inlets, the air is more open than any of my other boro mods including the Boxx.

20220826_130333.jpg

It's smaller than I thought it would be. Here it is with the delro for comparison.

20220826_130746.jpg

Last edited:

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
I might be burnt myself, 1st time in a year I made a order with 3fvape, they have me a tracking number, over a week ago and still shows as no record, so not sure if see that one myself...

No you should be fine with 3fvape. Tracking is sometimes weird. But many of us order from them routinely. :D

Last edited:

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Meet the Raga and yes I'm very smitten

TheRaga.jpg

Keep in mind that I've had the Raga for less than a week, but I don't see anything changing my thoughts on it. And I'll try and not rave too much.

Handfeel is just amazing. In part due to it being light in weight and its small dimensions. Every side is smooth and rounded and the button placement works perfectly. Although they are just panels and magnets, there's no movement from the buttons when you use them. The airflow is very smooth and there's plenty of it - even for this airflow hog.

The quality so far is spot on. The chip has more options than the older asp chipset but it still has the same brilliant battery performance. I love the wattage boost. It initially read my coils higher, but it's now reading as normal. I think it just needed its newness worn off the connections.

RagaOpen.jpg

Condensation seems minimal. I get some at my 28 watts, but not too much. With the way it's been designed it actually is pretty leak proof. Not that any of my builds ever leak :sneaky: But because the panel sits flush to the tank cutout, any juice stays in the compartment. The side airflow cutout is higher so you need a decent leak before it starts pouring down the side. Which I haven't yet been able to accomplish.

The entire design is just brilliant and it works and functions perfectly. The fact that it comes with the Age/Qbix RBA just adds even more to it.

As for its size and shape, pictures work better than my descriptions.

ThreeFront.jpg 3Sided.jpg

Pigs

Vaping
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 7, 2019
    Sydney Australia
    I've had the Raga for a few hours. It's built well, doors have zero play, is pretty small and feels good to hold.
    What's impressed me the most so far is the board/way it hits. Really smooth and fast. I haven't tweaked it at all yet.

20240220_204810.jpg
    20240220_204212.jpg

Definitely better for right hand thumb fire. I sometimes like to vape in the left hand but this feels clunky.

BillW50

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 23, 2014
    US
    I might do it anyway - it will help with condensation down the back of the board.

All of this condensation talk reminds me of my condensation problem back in '19. And it affected all four of my BBs. I had juice build up on the fire button side. I tossed on some clear acrylic panels to see what was happening. The boro side was completely dry. Very strange.

1709537156260.jpeg

On the boro side it looked like this.

1709537268946.jpeg

And between the two red lines was a very thin film of vapor would appear as I had taken a puff. And it would evaporate in seconds and thus harder to catch. The vapor would travel along side the battery to the positive battery insulator to the other side and then pool up there.

And what was the cause of this nightmare? It was those friggin condensation plugs. Other plugs caused the same thing. So how does vapor fight the rushing airflow and get pulled along side the battery to the other side? I have no clue!

And don't ask me what is that contraption is in the boro. As I've been sitting here still trying to figure it out. :(

Technonut

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 11, 2010
    East Coast, USA
    Well, the B5 just arrived from Italy... VERY light, and seemingly durable from what I see. Here's a couple of quick, preliminary pics... I'm off to throw an NiFe 30 coil into the Pioneer Insider, and give this device a spin....:smokie:

As can be seen, the B5 is just about as compact as the SXK Ion Box, and doesn't weigh much at all unloaded:

SB B5.jpg

SB B52.jpg

willsketchforfood

Verified Member
    Oct 26, 2013
    Socal
    It's been a good boro week for me, all the mods that I ordered came :hubba: Haven't had time to really build on anything except one, so I just took pictures to see how the setup will look like

Naked/Xcut by Optimist Mods
    IMG_20221207_160739.jpeg

BB with Moon Cstms inners...didn't realize the battery is placed upside down so I need to rewrap my battery lol
    IMG20221208170951.jpeg
    IMG20221208171141.jpeg

Pulse AIO...wider than I expected, it's cute but I'm not sure if I will keep it
    IMG_20221209_124734.jpeg

Attachments

• 318885088_10159437098946859_3486945140468081466_n.jpeg
      318885088_10159437098946859_3486945140468081466_n.jpeg
      191.8 KB · Views: 14

Mark Todd

Reviewer / Blogger
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2012
    Fife, Scotland
    www.toddsreviews.com
    The top front panel cuttout is more about getting the panel off with a fingernail. Todd got that wrong in his review - all the air comes in from the sides. I just tested it and no air can get in the top panel.
    I'll always hold my hand up when wrong and you are right...

oops:oops:

But I wish it was deeper, especially with the droid RDTA, simpy can not use it with the window on :(
    Also added a sticky on the review highlighting my mistake and thanking you for pointing it out :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread