hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Hello folks. I’m back with you again for yet another review in a long line of reviews. The past couple months have been rather insane with the amount of new products and samples being sent for review. This time I will be taking a look at the BP Mods TMD Boro tank that was sent to me by Dovpo in order to provide you with a fair and honest review. The Boro tank is fit for BB style devices. It has a liquid capacity of 5ml and comes with the TMD series of coils. However it is also compatible with PNP and GTX coils also as long as they are below .6 ohms. The tank is made of PCTG and boasts a somatosensory airflow that is easy to adjust. If you’re like me then you may not know what somatosensory means without a little googlefu. For those that don’t want to look it up, here’s a definition that I found. “Relating to or denoting a sensation (such as pressure, pain, or warmth) which can occur anywhere in the body, in contrast to one localized at a sense organ (such as sight, balance, or taste). Also called somesthetic.” Anyway, let’s take a look at the tank and I’ll give my thoughts on it. Since I just recently reviewed the Pulse AIO.5, I went ahead and tested the Boro tank in that device. I also recently reviewed the TMD DOT Tank and some of the information is the same basically but each tank fits in different devices. The two tanks are not interchangeable.

AW5tnsk.jpg

YISJ2XM.jpg

WHAT’S IN THE BOX?

1* BP MODS TMD BORO Tank
    1* BP MODS TMD Pro Coil 0.55Ω
    1* BP MODS TMD Mesh Coil 0.3Ω
    1* Accessories Pack
    2* User Manual

P4F0h3C.jpg

SPECIFICATIONS:

Material: PCTG

Capacity: 5ml

Fit For: BB Style Mods

TMD Pre-build 0.55Ω (RDL)/1.05Ω (MTL) Coil

TMD Mesh 0.3Ω (DL)/0.8Ω (MTL) Coil

PnP VM/TM/TR/RBA Coil

GTX Below 0.6Ω/RBA Coil

FEATURES:

1. Tightness somatosensory airflow, easy to adjust

2. Anti-condensate cotton piece, washable and reusable

3. Compatible with BB Style Mods

4. Fit for TMD Pro/Mesh Coil, PnP VM/TM/TR/RBA Coil and GTX Below 0.6Ω/RBA Coil

5. Supports RDL/MTL/DL vaping

BT6qNPh.jpg

8txFKyU.jpg

YLF5mCy.jpg

Qdbrx5l.jpg

1mpYRkc.jpg

INITIAL THOUGHTS:

The packaging for the TMD Boro tank is almost identical to the packaging that the TMD Dot tank arrived in. If it didn’t have the name on the box then you really couldn’t tell the difference. It comes in the same orange box with an outer sleeve over the top letting you know that it is in fact the TMD Boro tank and not the TMD Dot tank. They also let you know right on the front about coil compatibility. The back side of the sleeve has the name, contents list, authenticity code, and company information.

1671502311127.png

1671502430667.png

Once the sleeve is removed and the box top lifted then you see the tank, two coils in foil packs, an orange box which contains extra seals, instruction manual, and evidently they use the same card for different tanks since as you can see below there are airflow inserts on the break down but this tank only uses pre-built coils so there aren’t any airflow pins included.

1671502463944.png

Just like the TMD Dot tank, the Boro tank is a prebuilt coil tank only and there is no building involved. As a matter of fact, the Boro tank uses the same TMD series of coils. However, the Boro tank is 5ml where the Dot tank was 2.6ml. As I mentioned in my other review, these two are not interchangeable. The Dot Tank is much smaller and will not fit in BB style devices. It has the usual white rubber plug that you lift from the bottom in order to fill. The TMD Boro name is printed on the front and you can see the airflow control on the bottom that allows quite a bit of airflow with lower ohm coils for a nice RDL. Depending on the coil used then the available airflow changes.

1671502498061.png

To insert the coils you remove the base of the tank and push in the coil to seat it in the base. On either side of the coil opening there is a condensation pad. These are supposed to absorb any condensation in order to keep from getting it inside your mod. The pads can be cleaned and reused. There is also an extra set included in the spare parts bag. I almost forgot to mention that when you insert the tank into your device that you should make sure the airflow control is facing you so you can adjust it after the tank is installed.

ysZL391.jpg

QQdaZnK.jpg

The coils included with the Boro tank are the .3 ohm TMD coil rated at 30-40 watts and the .55 ohm TMD coil rated at 28-35 watts. Besides being able to use the TMD series coils, you can also use PNP and GTX coils that are below .6 ohms due to the physical size of the .6 and above coils not being large enough on the end to seat into the opening.

1671502642267.png

1671502660308.png

FINAL THOUGHTS:

I had been thinking about purchasing this tank so it was a nice coincidence that I had received it for review purposes. I had already been testing the Pulse AIO.5 for another review so decided to test this tank in it. In the future I also plan on trying it out in my BXR mod. I have to say that I really have enjoyed testing this tank. I don’t know if I’m getting lazier as I get older or what but find myself using more drop in coils than I had in the past. I had already stocked up on some PNP and quite a bit of GTX coils so this tank is a good fit for the coils that I have in stock at home.

I started out testing the .55 ohm coil. Just like with the Dot Tank, I ended up running this one at 32 watts. At this setting with the airflow about ½ open I got very good flavor and vapor production using a mango yogurt mix. Next up after a few days, I switched over to the .3 ohm coil. This was my favorite out of the two. The coil brought out all the flavors I was looking for in this mix and was able to run the output a bit higher at 36 watts with the airflow mostly open. I am currently still running this coil and am really enjoying it. I will be curious to see later how the .3 ohm GTX coil compares to it in this tank.

So, would I recommend the BP Mods TMD Boro Tank for you? If you want a solid tank to run in your BB style devices that you can use drop in coils with and have a few different options on which coils to use then absolutely yes I would recommend it.

I’d like to thank Dovpo and Dorothy for sending the TMD Boro Tank for this review. Thanks also to you the readers. Below is a link to the website if you’d like to see everything that Dovpo/BP Mods/ Across Vape have to offer.

TMD BORO Pre-build Coil Tank – DOVPO Official
    1671502703369.png

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Excellent review mate.
    I think the coils that use ceramic stuff inside are the 0.55 and 1.05 coils, i.e. the ones that are not mesh.
    I think you're right. When I get a chance I'll look at the boxes of spare coils they sent and see if they say. My favorite has been the .3 out of the TMD series. I'm running a GTX in the Dot tank and it's doing pretty well in that.

Reactions: Tor R
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread