Boro Mod's, Tanks, Attys And More

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
That is weird Tor R. I've never experienced this on a dna. I have noticed DNA's TC quirk of deciding the material type doesn't match with what is actually happening. Then it kicks out of TC mode into wattage mode. This usually happens using stock coils using nickel legs or exotic coils using multiple wire types. The fix of course is to use the right TFR/TCR file or Replay (on selected models)..

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
I experience, but very rarely, that it sometimes goes over the wattage I have set, why it has that type of glitch I have no idea,

I've never experienced this on a DNA.

You know what it sounds like is the atomizer suddenly increasing in resistance through an unstable connection. You should see this with EScribe's Device Manager.

Last edited:

badinfluence357

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2012
NYC
MK Mod's panels and drip tip for my red DotAIO, I finally found something I was happy with:
View attachment 1011224
No bs, I've been using my dot mod as my adc since I got it...It just feels right in my hand and it isn't that heavy. I love it.. Get the mission xv dot clone on 3f. I think they have a few gray ones left, I think I got the last black one...
At frst it felt like a toy in my hand because the plastic panels on the Stussy kit. I removed them and it was the best thing I did..

badinfluence357

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2012
NYC
I'm trying to catch up, Ive also had that problem where you take a puff on a dna mod where the first puff is booste afer being idle. I have to hit the up and down key to readjust the wattage to its original selected wattage.. it doesn't happen all the time, but it happens.

Ive connected to escribe and checked the boost timer on the mod and its off.... I take the atty out dry all the pooling of condensation just in case. I don't know whats the cause of it because it doesn't happen all the time so its hard to pin point the cause of it.

badinfluence357

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2012
NYC
Currently vaping on these for the weekend rotation. I usually run five mods at the same time but I forget what juice im vaping on each... I waste alot of juice like that and I never vape the tanks completely empty.. it go's down the sink.. On that note I must say that the Blaze mod is a battery vampire. That thing sucks the batteries down like newborns drink milk. I wonder if it continues draining while the mod isn't being used....
20240405_213424.jpg
20240412_224813.jpg

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia
I just ordered a DNA 60 with large screen (and free usb dongle) from Stealthvape. No specific project in mind for it but I might look at replacing the board in the BP Mods Tomahawk if it fits. I really like the look and feel of that mod but it always felt a bit sluggish.

EDIT - forget that idea. I just opened up the Tomahawk. Really clean and neat inside. Beautiful wiring job and very compact/ little room to work with . Not gonna mess it.

Last edited:

Tor R

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2020
    Mandal, Norway
    www.kinnheia.com
    That is weird Tor R. I've never experienced this on a DNA. I have noticed DNA's TC quirk of deciding the material type doesn't match with what is actually happening. Then it kicks out of TC mode into wattage mode. This usually happens using stock coils using nickel legs or exotic coils using multiple wire types. The fix of course is to use the right TFR/TCR file or Replay (on selected models)..
    You know what it sounds like is the atomizer suddenly increasing in resistance through an unstable connection. You should see this with EScribe's Device Manager.
    Now I don't have the possibility to put it up against escribe since I don't have usb on it (yet), but I consider the glitch to be microscopic. As I said, I have been very satisfied with how the dna is in TC.
    I wouldn't have seen it if it wasn't for the setup on the screen being:
    1, resistance
    2, watts
    3, watts after draw.

I use round wire, KP ss316L 28ga 8 wrap. Same coil build as I have done for years, same spool too.

Tor R

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2020
    Mandal, Norway
    www.kinnheia.com
    @Tor R is this your first working DNA mod? There are setup differnces between their B&W and color mods, Dicodes, and Yihi/SxMini implementations. Including Arctic Fox which tried to clone/copy escribe.
    I don't have much experience with dna chipsets, I have Centaurus dna 250c which I never use, a jac dna75 which I also don't use due to weak 510 pin, and now bb with dna 60 which I use quite often, the last one I haven't fitted in cable connection so I can not connect it to escribe.

The glitch is a tiny little thing that we will find out why happens when I get the next bb built. I bought these connectors for a reason, so the next bb will have some kind of connection option.
    As I said, in general dna has grown on me, not bad when I was initially such a dicodes fan.

ShamrockPat

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 5, 2015
    Grand Forks, ND
    @Tor R On the DNAs you can/should check the stability of your coil using Atomizer Analyzer (bottom of every profile page). A few thousandths fluctuations with TC material is normal.
    If it's jumpy, fix your build.

You should NEVER need to the lock the resistance on your mod. Locked or not, the mod ALWAYS reads the current 'live' ohms.
    The resistance of your coil on a b&w mod might show lower after a sleep or the next day. That's normal. A color mod will not show it.

Tor R

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2020
    Mandal, Norway
    www.kinnheia.com
    @Tor R On the DNAs you can/should check the stability of your coil using Atomizer Analyzer (bottom of every profile page). A few thousandths fluctuations with TC material is normal.
    If it's jumpy, fix your build.

You should NEVER need to the lock the resistance on your mod. Locked or not, the mod ALWAYS reads the current 'live' ohms.
    The resistance of your coil on a b&w mod might show lower after a sleep or the next day. That's normal. A color mod will not show it.
    Thank you very much for the tips, really appreciate them.

I'm going to build three atty's tomorrow for the mod, I always tighten the coil screws hard.
    But I have to train myself to follow how we get information from the dna on the screen as you have explained.

Tor R

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2020
    Mandal, Norway
    www.kinnheia.com
    The plans to make a simple link for bb and some kind of connection to the billet box dongle, turned out a little different and easier than I imagined.

IMG_1877.jpeg

Stealth Vape dongle with fixed pins is a free item when we buy either DNA 60 or DNA 60C from them.
    Header is a 5 pin Connfly Socket Pin Female pitch 2mm, part number is DS1026-01-1*558BV.
    Header is soldered to the chipset.

The way it ends up, remove the screen cover, flip up the screen, and the header connector will be open:
    IMG_1878.jpeg

ShamrockPat

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 5, 2015
    Grand Forks, ND
    I'm going to build three atty's tomorrow for the mod, I always tighten the coil screws hard
    IMHO I just make sure the coil legs are centered under the fastener, and snug, both before and after a low glow. Pretty sure you're not making them Superman tight

Pigs

Vaping
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 7, 2019
    Sydney Australia
    The plans to make a simple link for bb and some kind of connection to the billet box dongle, turned out a little different and easier than I imagined.

View attachment 1011315
    Stealth Vape dongle with fixed pins is a free item when we buy either DNA 60 or DNA 60C from them.
    Header is a 5 pin Connfly Socket Pin Female pitch 2mm, part number is DS1026-01-1*558BV.
    Header is soldered to the chipset.

The way it ends up, remove the screen cover, flip up the screen, and the header connector will be open:
    View attachment 1011316
    That is a very clever modification Tor. Also has shown me that it is better to use the dongle from the screen side. I've been coming in from the board side and needing to unplug my screen ribbon cable when using it.

Tor R

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2020
    Mandal, Norway
    www.kinnheia.com
    That is a very clever modification Tor. Also has shown me that it is better to use the dongle from the screen side. I've been coming in from the board side and needing to unplug my screen ribbon cable when using it.
    Thank you very much mate for the kind words, T.
    This is how my three BB will be, mostly we regularly go over the bb to check for condensation, juice etc, and removing the screen cover is the least demanding to work on.
    Atleast we don't need to be afraid of these max 20 reconnections of the screen connector.

Users who are viewing this thread