Status
Not open for further replies.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
The lowest I've ever seen them were 1.8Ω, these will work. Personally I like them at 2.2Ω - 2.4Ω. But with a Zmax and it being variable wattage, any ohm that is not below 1.3Ω should work fine.

Vivis come with three heads - 1.8, 2.4, and 2.8 ohms. I've found the 2.4 ok, and the 2.8 optimal with the Zmax. It works better with those. A 1.8 ohm isn't really necessary on a vv/vw mod. Provape give the same advice actually, for the same reason:

"Low resistance atomizers/cartomizers are not the best to use, they will limit the voltage options that you can go up to. Also note that as a atomizer heats up, their resistance drops. When they get dry the resistance also drops. If you have your voltage set higher and the resistance drops, it will cause the E1,E2 errors."

That's for a different pv, but the principle is the same.

Marvin & Sennie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
EXCELLENT info!! This thing definetely has a learning curve to the settings!! We've read this, read the instructions, watched Scott Bonner's video and we still can't figure it out!! The video is great but I can't figure it out because the display shuts off before I can figure out if I have it set right, it's not super easy to read. HOWEVER hubs did. He likes it, I am not sure how I feel about it, we have just classic tobacco in it and yeah, not a fan but I didn't want to put coffee flavors in it because he doesn't like this. It actually kinda hurt my lungs....lol I've smoked Ultra lights for years and this is like a full flavor. Also you don't vape it like you do the ego, that slow pull. Not sure if that is the vivi nova or the Zmax itself. I say that because we bought the T3 for the ego and I don't have to vape it like I did with the standard cartridge that came with the ego kit. I will NEVER use that thing again, I LOVE the T3!! I hope I made some sort of sense with this!!
:thumbs: Ok, I put some of this in another thread but I'll put it here too.

1. battery goes into Zmax positive end first - positive end toward the top, negative end at the bottom where the cap screws on. I know that's basic but I looked it up myself once because I didn't know.
2. Don't throw he battery in, just slide it in - so you don't bash it against the connection inside.
3. Put a 2.8 ohm head on the Vivi. You can use a 2.4 ohm head. The 2.8 ohm is the best. Don't bother with the 1.8 ohm.
4. After you first fill the Vivi Nova, leave it standing up for about 20 minutes with the juice in (before you put it on the Zmax). It needs time to wick up.
5. After you've let it stand tilt the Vivi horizontally and roll it a few times.
6. Then screw the Vivi onto the Zmax. Don't screw it on really hard. When you feel it make contact with the Zmax centre pin then just give it about another quarter turn. Jamming things onto pvs really tight can damage the centre pin or push them down too low.
7. Have the Zmax set to Po on menu 7 and ANS on menu 8.
8. Your Zmax should be set to 3 watts - start there. Use menu 2 Pd to go down if it's higher that 3 watts when you start. It probably won't be great, but you won't burn anything. Use menu 1 Pu to go up by 0.5 at a time until you hit the right taste. If it tastes a little burnt or too hot stop and go down 0.5 or more until you like it.
9. Enjoy the vape! As the juice goes down in the Vivi tilt it and give it a twirl every so often to keep the wicks wet.

Last edited:

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
EXCELLENT info!! This thing definetely has a learning curve to the settings!! We've read this, read the instructions, watched Scott Bonner's video and we still can't figure it out!! The video is great but I can't figure it out because the display shuts off before I can figure out if I have it set right, it's not super easy to read. HOWEVER hubs did. He likes it, I am not sure how I feel about it, we have just classic tobacco in it and yeah, not a fan but I didn't want to put coffee flavors in it because he doesn't like this. It actually kinda hurt my lungs....lol I've smoked Ultra lights for years and this is like a full flavor. Also you don't vape it like you do the ego, that slow pull. Not sure if that is the vivi nova or the Zmax itself. I say that because we bought the T3 for the ego and I don't have to vape it like I did with the standard cartridge that came with the ego kit. I will NEVER use that thing again, I LOVE the T3!! I hope I made some sort of sense with this!!

It makes sense. I found a good video on the actual dry burning method of cleaning for you. pbusardo goes over that a bit quick but the video I'll put below is a nice step by step demo. Also here's the link if you want to bookmark it:
Real Reviews: How I dry burn my Vivi heads - YouTube

You'll get used to the menu. Example, you want menu 7 to be Po. You got to menu 7, wait a sec. As soon as it pops up an option you click if you want a different option. Once you've played around a bit you'll get it.
So glad you guys have some equipment working for you!

Dry burning video for cleaning vivi. Again, don't worry about this for starters if you don't want to.

Last edited:

Marvin & Sennie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Yeah, we love it on the ego-c he also ordered the T2 but doubt we use those.....lol Right now I am THRILLED!!
The T3's are pretty sweet! I like the T2's, also. You'lll need a 510 to eGo connector to use on the Zmax, unfortunately.

jeffjr464

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2012
London, Ontario, Canada
photo (7).jpg photo (8).jpg photo (9).jpg here ya go :) crappy iphone pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread