Zmax has arrived...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marvin & Sennie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
...of course the batteries however did not :cry:. It looks very BA I must say and can't wait to try to figure it out. I am curious at the average age of a Zmax purchaser though. Because the instructions are in this TIINNNNYYY little booklet that would easily fit into the smallest of pill bottles. W... T... F?! Seriously? I'M OLD!!!! I can't read that even WITH my reading glasses on!! I am not even kidding!!:oops: So here I sit with this BA new toy that I can't use because A I have no batteries, and B I can't read the instructions! I also got got a dual coil 510 tank cartomizer, not sure how it works, what to do with it and what to do with that little rubber thing that was in the package with it because there are no instructions with that at all. :blink:. Anyone have any words of advice for when the batteries do get here? HOPEFULLY tomorrow, Mad Vapes was out of stock so I ordered them and the charger elsewhere.

Cool thing... guy at hubs' work is going to buy the Ego-c starter kit from us that we ordered a couple of weeks ago and hadn't gotten yet. I feel better, it was bothering me that we wasted that money since we already had 2 ego c's. We ordered them when I was using the mini and wanted more umph than I was getting but we actually just bought the parts seperately and made me an ego-c.

So hubs is trying the dual coil 510 on his ego, he's not sure if he's doing it right though because he isn't getting any more vapor than he did with the parts that came with the ego.:unsure: He said it tastes burnt?

Suggestions or tips?

Marvin & Sennie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
ok, how much should he be putting in there? It's hard to tell since it has that filter looking thing in it. Thanks for the instructions!!
Sennie, here are instructions from Smoktek. Hope this helps.

I've never used dual coil cartos, but if it's tasting burnt, I would think its not got enough juice in it.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
If you do it right, you will hear a slight burbling when you hit it. If it floods you will hear a lot more burbling - take it off the battery and blow it out gently from the top towards the battery end over a piece of paper towel or Kleenex. It will clear the excess juice out and you will know it is completely full. Once you burn these, it may be hard to get rid of the burnt flavor. It's never happened to me, but I have read about it.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
best thing to do with standard carts is put a tooth pick in the hole, drip in the side 10 or so let it sit a few seconds and repeat you can see after a bit it doesnt want to take anymore. after sitting a minute take the toothpick out and blow through it into a tissue or the sink a few times. wipe it off screw it on and fire that baby up, gotta give it a sec or two between drags so the fluid can get to the wick from the padding

Marvin & Sennie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
lol I know!! Hubs insisted we pay the extra for Fedex 2nd day, that's why we got it so quickly. I don't know what's worse though, knowing it won't be here till a certain date or getting it and not being able to use it because you have no batteries! lol
That was fast - sheesh, I ordered mine before you did, and mine isn't due till Friday! Although, my batteries will be here tomorrow - so when I do get mine, at least I'll be able to use it.:D

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
So far he swears it tastes burnt. It doesn't taste burnt to me but it is SUPER harsh but my throat is already irritated and sore but I thought it tasted kinda good.
Any idea if your ZMax is a version 1 or 2? The first version had issues of delivering more voltage than what was set by the user. Owners figured it out fast and adjusted their set voltages appropriately. Owners of the version 2 claim that Smoktech fixed the problem.

Another factor could be you are not used to a dual coil cartomizer. Any clue what ohm or resistance the carto is? A low resistance dual carto (1.5-1.7 ohm) can taste pretty hot or harsh to someone not used to one. I prefer a cooler vape, using a single coil cartomizer in a 3.0 ohm resistance.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
So far he swears it tastes burnt. It doesn't taste burnt to me but it is SUPER harsh but my throat is already irritated and sore but I thought it tasted kinda good.

im almost sure your getting fluid on the back of your throat.

if its super harsh that may be the voltage set too high making the fluid too hot.

Marvin & Sennie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
From what I understand it should be the 2nd versian but I can't bet my life on that either. 1.6 ohm Dual Coil 510 Tank Cartomizer, Orange This is what we got. He doesn't like it because #1 we aren't getting a lot of vapor from it and he says it tastes burnt.
Any idea if your ZMax is a version 1 or 2? The first version had issues of delivering more voltage than what was set by the user. Owners figured it out fast and adjusted their set voltages appropriately. Owners of the version 2 claim that Smoktech fixed the problem.

Another factor could be you are not used to a dual coil cartomizer. Any clue what ohm or resistance the carto is? A low resistance dual carto (1.5-1.7 ohm) can taste pretty hot or harsh to someone not used to one. I prefer a cooler vape, using a single coil cartomizer in a 3.0 ohm resistance.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread