Status
Not open for further replies.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
This topic has been covered ad nauseam. I suggest you use the ECF search function or Google.

kbzj.jpg

postembr2

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2013
Ok, throughout these forums, I see "on my provari", provari this, and provari that. I have two vamos, and they've been rock solid performers to me. I just don't hear "vamo this" or "vamo that" all the time. What makes the Provari better than a Vamo?

For me it looks like provari is the iphone of mods, its good, but there are plenty of others that are good as well. For me i like my Evic. To tell you the truth, since i got an ego VV, im using it mostly of the day, as it is very portable.
Having a provari is mean to be an "experience" much like with an iphone.

ALso i gee Rha eyes on provari signature of users... maybe they get an entitlement to a secret cultist organization ? :) Dont know

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
For me it looks like provari is the iphone of mods, its good, but there are plenty of others that are good as well. For me i like my Evic. To tell you the truth, since i got an ego VV, im using it mostly of the day, as it is very portable.
Having a provari is mean to be an "experience" much like with an iphone.

ALso i gee Rha eyes on provari signature of users... maybe they get an entitlement to a secret cultist organization ? :) Dont know

They do. They are the ProVarinati. ;)

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
Ok... Provari = I-phone, Vamo = Android. :)

Heh, I know there are some differences in the specifications, but sometimes nubmers say one thing, but day to day usage says another. I know the Vamo is a good device, and it's my daily vape mod. However, it's not without it's flaws. The buttons are too easily pressed, and sometimes I will find the wattage has changed when I didn't know it has. These things aren't really addressed on most of the other posts. I was looking for a good "daily usage" answer. What are the bad things about the provari? what have you noticed that could've been changed? does it feel more solid in your hand Vs. a Vamo..... etc.

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
Honestly it's not what makes it so good, just like any other VV mod, it' what DOESN'T make it bad is the thing

Customer service..check
Company stands by their product..check
Incredible QC..check
Top notch rig manufacturing by professionals...check
Awesome craftsmanship...check
Pride in their product...check

I don't even own one..and I know they are without a doubt the creme dela creme of vaping rigs

ZombieJuice

Nov 12, 2013
Kentucky
Build quality is a lot better than the Vamo , Provari chip runs 800mz compared to 33.3mz of Vamo , Provari has good warranty with excellent customer service for repairs and support. It is a MUCH better looking device, it's a lot more rugged, it will last a lot longer. The threads on the Provari are not made of chocolate like Vamo. The Provari isn't the same length as a footlong hotdog in 18650 mode (seriously full size Vamo looks like a police baton) The vape quality is better, don't believe me on any or some of the above? Try them side by side, I own both. The only thing that's better about the Vamo is the price but you get what you pay for...

These are my opinions from my personal experience using both devices. Obviously use whatever device you like better. It's wonderful we have so many choices in this hobby.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

ImageX

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
US
Ok, throughout these forums, I see "on my provari", provari this, and provari that. I have two vamos, and they've been rock solid performers to me. I just don't hear "vamo this" or "vamo that" all the time. What makes the Provari better than a Vamo?

I have a Vamo V5 and a Provari Mini. The build quality is night and day. The Vamo is cheaply built and it's quite obvious that the Provari will outlive it 10 times over. Unless you own a Provari... it's hard to explain what your missing. Do they both work? Sure. Is the Provari worth the price of 6 Vamos? Sure is.

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
Why would you pick the Vamo for the symbol of android? If Provari has to be the Iphone, then Android would most certainly be the EVIC, because the Evic is open software that allows you to customize and share your vape experience.

The OP may of gotten his answer quicker if he had UTFS, but I understand why he asked his question. Time in and time out, people come to these threads with no idea of the benefits of owning a provari. & they defend the cheaper mods because they don't know the differences. I was one of those people for years. In fact this forum taught me cost/value before I learned it out in the real world with cars and apartments. lol. To answer your question, yes, the provari feels much more solid in the hand than the Vamo. The difference between a tin can & a flag pole.

Also, if this has been discussed ad-nauseum, then why are there members in this thread saying it's because provari has a lesser voltage drop??? Voltage drop isn't detrimental to the vape of a regulated mod. Its a regulated mod, it doesn't rely on the battery's voltage. How could a shop hire someone that doesn't understand this? The benefits of the Provari over the Evic/Vamo include: More solid build, a % of the Circuit board is largely made in the USA to US quality control standards from start to finish, the Provari is manufactured in the Provape warehouse by American hands with American wages, the Provari has more safety features than most foreign made VV/VW mods, the Provari uses a higher quality voltage regulator & software, that decreases the rattlesnake effect you get from many foreign made regulated mods, which reduces vapor & juice spatter when firing the atomizer. The Provari does not have misspelled words in it's menu system. The Provari has a 1 year warranty included in the price, covering all user or manufacturer mishaps/defects, the Provari has an optional 2nd year add-on warranty, and on the Provape terms of service page, you will see a price list for how much it will cost to have your Provari repaired for each problem that can arise in the 3rd, 4th, 5th, etc year of use. (you cannot get foreign made mods repaired) The Provari also has technology that reduces the power drop off when nearing the end of your battery's charge, which many will argue allows them to vape a tiny bit longer than with any other VV mod on the market today. Its a "smoother" vape according to some, which also contributes to better flavor. Not only are the walls of the Provari thicker, but the threads are made of a high quality stainless steel rather than brass, and they are fitted into the mod in a way that makes it close to impossible to rip them out. The 510 connection is precision sealed to avoid leakage into the battery.

The reason the Provari is better can be seen all over ECF forums. The Vamo and Zmax forums are full of threads asking what to do when the threads begin having trouble gripping the 510 connection on their atomizers and cartomizers. They are also full of posts asking what to do when the circuit board becomes unglued and on-lodged and falls down the battery tube. They are also full of threads complaining that they ordered a Vamo/Zmax and received one with a crooked fitted screen. This is unfortunate. Meanwhile, the Provari forum is full of people asking why the Provari is so popular & why the Provari gets such good reviews. Its also full of Provari owners talking amongst themselves about things they put ON their Provaris, not problems WITH their Provaris.

Last edited:

postembr2

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2013
Ok... Provari = I-phone, Vamo = Android. :)

Heh, I know there are some differences in the specifications, but sometimes nubmers say one thing, but day to day usage says another. I know the Vamo is a good device, and it's my daily vape mod. However, it's not without it's flaws. The buttons are too easily pressed, and sometimes I will find the wattage has changed when I didn't know it has. These things aren't really addressed on most of the other posts. I was looking for a good "daily usage" answer. What are the bad things about the provari? what have you noticed that could've been changed? does it feel more solid in your hand Vs. a Vamo..... etc.

When i said, it was a loosy comparision, mainly because iphone fans are recognized as a cult or something.
Anyway, i dont have the mentionated issues with vamo on my Evic, so far its very stable.

msgnyc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
United States
Why would you pick the Vamo for the symbol of android? If Provari has to be the Iphone, then Android would most certainly be the EVIC, because the Evic is open software that allows you to customize and share your vape experience.

If the Provari is an iPhone every other vv/vw device would be Android. Variety of choices. ;)

Provaris are very nice, but its comes down to its great build quality and support more then anything else imho.

Im completely satisfied with my Sigelei Zmax tho. I see no reason for me to get a Provari since it doesn't do anything my Sigelei cant aside from being able to fire below a 1.2ohm coil. The Provari can fire a 1ohm I "think". I also prefer the battery flexability of my Zmax without needing to carry extra parts.

I am however looking into getting a dna20/30 tube mod. Not a fan of box mods. :p

Last edited:

postembr2

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2013

The OP may of gotten his answer quicker if he had UTFS, but I understand why he asked his question. Time in and time out, people come to these threads with no idea of the benefits of owning a provari. & they defend the cheaper mods because they don't know the differences. I was one of those people for years. In fact this forum taught me cost/value before I learned it out in the real world with cars and apartments. lol. To answer your question, yes, the provari feels much more solid in the hand than the Vamo. The difference between a tin can & a flag pole.

Also, if this has been discussed ad-nauseum, then why are there members in this thread saying it's because provari has a lesser voltage drop??? Voltage drop isn't detrimental to the vape of a regulated mod. Its a regulated mod, it doesn't rely on the battery's voltage. How could a shop hire someone that doesn't understand this? The benefits of the Provari over the Evic/Vamo include: More solid build, a % of the Circuit board is largely made in the USA to US quality control standards from start to finish, the Provari is manufactured in the Provape warehouse by American hands with American wages, the Provari has more safety features than most foreign made VV/VW mods, the Provari uses a higher quality voltage regulator & software, that decreases the rattlesnake effect you get from many foreign made regulated mods, which reduces vapor & juice spatter when firing the atomizer. The Provari does not have misspelled words in it's menu system. The Provari has a 1 year warranty included in the price, covering all user or manufacturer mishaps/defects, the Provari has an optional 2nd year add-on warranty, and on the Provape terms of service page, you will see a price list for how much it will cost to have your Provari repaired for each problem that can arise in the 3rd, 4th, 5th, etc year of use. (you cannot get foreign made mods repaired) The Provari also has technology that reduces the power drop off when nearing the end of your battery's charge, which many will argue allows them to vape a tiny bit longer than with any other VV mod on the market today. Its a "smoother" vape according to some, which also contributes to better flavor. Not only are the walls of the Provari thicker, but the threads are made of a high quality stainless steel rather than brass, and they are fitted into the mod in a way that makes it close to impossible to rip them out. The 510 connection is precision sealed to avoid leakage into the battery.

The reason the Provari is better can be seen all over ECF forums. The Vamo and Zmax forums are full of threads asking what to do when the threads begin having trouble gripping the 510 connection on their atomizers and cartomizers. They are also full of posts asking what to do when the circuit board becomes unglued and on-lodged and falls down the battery tube. They are also full of threads complaining that they ordered a Vamo/Zmax and received one with a crooked fitted screen. This is unfortunate. Meanwhile, the Provari forum is full of people asking why the Provari is so popular & why the Provari gets such good reviews. Its also full of Provari owners talking amongst themselves about things they put ON their Provaris, not problems WITH their Provaris.

Damn, now you made me want one. The only thing i really deslike provari is that i find it, personally, ugly. I mean, i really dont like the style of the construction.

cocacola31173

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2012
United States
I have had the Vamo 2 and the Vamo 3. I enjoy them very much. But only after 7 months the threads stripped on my Vamo 2..now the way the Vamo 2 was constructed you couldn't use anything ego threaded without and adapter. With the stripped threads though I couldn't get nothing on it. With my Vamo 3 I can tell already the 510 threads are stripping even though I babied it but at least with that I can still use ego threading...that is until those wear out!

I decided to order me a Provari purely based on the quality of the threads alone. I couldn't justify spending another 60 dollars on a Vamo that would only last a limited amount of time.

ZeroOhms

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
Los Angeles, CA, USA
For me, ProVari is... ordinary. It is definitely not flashy. Design is actually quite subdued in today's standard. In fact, the design hasn't changed at all. Heck, it doesn't even have VW which seems to be so common these days. It does feel good in my hand, but it isn't that different from other similar size mods. It only has one button and menu is pain to navigate.
But these are reasons why I like them. I like that it isn't flashy. I rather have reliable VV than unreliable VW. Simple menu that gives me accurate reading works for me. Lastly it feels good in my hand because it simply.. works.
I don't "love" my ProVari. But I like them. They are like some of my tools in my toolbox that I am glad I got them. Just like those tools, I recommend ProVari when people ask.

Bad thing about ProVari? It is expensive. I wish it was cheaper so more people can enjoy the reliability ProVari offers. Is it priced right? Maybe? Maybe not? I paid not that much less for my iTaste VTR. iTaste 134 is actually same price as ProVari Mini. Some of my mech and toppers are way more expensive than ProVari.
Improvements? I wish it had adjustable pin. Might be nice to have smooth finish like mech mod.
But at the end, what's point? There aren't much to talk about if the mod has a good reliable button and fires consistently. It might be more interesting to talk about how companies can mess up a simple device like APV. How hard is it to make a reliable button? 510 connector is the backbone of the mod. Why isn't everyone making them so that the threads don't break. Mods are meant to be carried around. Why isn't everyone making them, so they can withstand some falls? We touch these all day and every day. Why can't they make these to withstand the normal wear and tear. Some of the cheaper APV wears off their initial shine so fast, they literally feels like disposable devices.
So, instead of putting spotlight on people who want to recommend a good device, maybe we should put it on companies that want to churn out cheap stuff to make a quick buck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread