Status
Not open for further replies.

EddieAdams

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
New York
idk...i still don't see why the provari is 3 times the price of a vamo when it actually does LESS than the vamo. yes, it does look snazzy...but no VW! yes, when it came out it was a gamechanger...but the game has changed since then a few times. if provari starts doing VW, they will probably do it better than anyone else...but then the new provari will cost $200.

With some of the deals available you can get 6 ss vamo v2's for the price of a provari. Which is a much more capable device than the provari. As Katya mentioned if you must have the BE$T I would wait for the provari to, at the very least, catch up in features.

phephner

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2012
SF Bay Area
I started off with 900mah Ego Twists and Vision Stardusts. Traveled the "Tried This, Tried That" road all the way to owning two Ihybrids.

I landed on 1300mah Spinner batteries and Vivi Nova Minis. Eight months and 5000 cigarettes avoided later I KNOW I'm exactly where I want to be.

FYI, a 1300mah spinner and a Vivi Nova Mini is a shade longer than 7 inches overall.

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
It is amazing how the OP ask to exclude the Provari from the equation the Provari users insist on making every thread about the Provari.
I have many of the newer VV and VW PV's and if you can deal with the size of the Vamo it is the best buy for the money. I have two LT's, Gripper, Zmax, MVP, Groove and a couple of others. The Gripper, the MVP and the Zmax all broke from dropplng them. I've dropped the Vamo many times and it is still working good. It is very long though and I carry it in a lanyard which makes it easier to use and does protect it as well. I bought it several months ago for 35.00 and it has worked the same ever since with zero problems other than it is easy to accidently change the power output. A Vamo with a Kanger Protank on the end is hard to beat!:)

Kanj.nguyen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Princeton, NJ
Hahahaha, Provari fanboys.

Its so ridiculous how to the mob, "get a Provari" seems to be the solution to everything. Burnt your toast? Get a Provari. Your car broke down? Get a Provari. Your wife left you? Get a Provari.

Yes, we know you made an uninformed, hype-induced decision to spend $180 on a device you are probably now realizing actually does even less than a $27 VAMO, feeling bad about yourself and thus need to get together with the other Provari fanboys to ooh and ahhh about what a God sent, life saving miracle a Provari is and also shove it in peoples face to convince yourself you made a good decision.

Its all classic textbook psychology, and we assure you we know better. You see, some people actually know why they are spending money.

EddieAdams

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
New York
Hahahaha, Provari fanboys.

Its so ridiculous how to the mob, "get a Provari" seems to be the solution to everything. Burnt your toast? Get a Provari. Your car broke down? Get a Provari. Your wife left you? Get a Provari.

Yes, we know you made an uninformed, hype-induced decision to spend $180 on a device you are probably now realizing actually does even less than a $27 VAMO, feeling bad about yourself and thus need to get together with the other Provari fanboys to ooh and ahhh about what a God sent, life saving miracle a Provari is and also shove it in peoples face to convince yourself you made a good decision.

Its all classic textbook psychology, and we assure you we know better. You see, some people actually know why they are spending money.
I'm amazed it can fix burnt toast...
$180 justified right there...

xxbodkinxx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2013
Texas
I'm interested in the difference myself. I have a provari being delivered tomorrow and I can't wait to try my ego twist side by side with the provari. I think a lot of it is wanting the best of the best when people upgrade but I'm primarily getting a mod so that I can have consistent vape from a charged battery to a dead battery. I know that when I click the button on my twist fully charged compared to the last click before it dies is a pretty large difference in vape,taste, and th. I think that getting any vv or vw mod is a smart idea just to have consistency. As for what one to buy its all preference.

danny4x4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
London
Hmmmmmm. I always thought it was me not letting the wicks have enough time to wick up the juice whenever my vapes get inconsistent.

Please, please share with us on whether there is a big difference in flavor and throat hit when you get your Provari. Same clearo, same juice. How about doing a blind test? Get someone to blindfold you and fire your device for you. This will eliminate any physiological effect/prior bias.

THANKS!

EddieAdams

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
New York
I'm interested in the difference myself. I have a provari being delivered tomorrow and I can't wait to try my ego twist side by side with the provari. I think a lot of it is wanting the best of the best when people upgrade but I'm primarily getting a mod so that I can have consistent vape from a charged battery to a dead battery. I know that when I click the button on my twist fully charged compared to the last click before it dies is a pretty large difference in vape,taste, and th. I think that getting any vv or vw mod is a smart idea just to have consistency. As for what one to buy its all preference.

On my vamo that would literally save me 1( one)(uno) off puff before my battery dies.

EddieAdams

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
New York
Hmmmmmm. I always thought it was me not letting the wicks have enough time to wick up the juice whenever my vapes get inconsistent.

Please, please share with us on whether there is a big difference in flavor and throat hit when you get your Provari. Same clearo, same juice. How about doing a blind test? Get someone to blindfold you and fire your device for you. This will eliminate any physiological effect/prior bias.

THANKS!

It is. You need a better delivery system not a better overpriced battery. Unless you buy a no name VV battery that puts out significantly less/ more voltage than it is set to, than 4.0v is 4.0v. It's not going to suddenly make that atomizer you have wick liquid quicker to keep up with your vaping.
Wattage is better because it performs more consistently,a major feature that the $180 dollar provari is lacking, regardless of coil resistance. So no, getting a provari isn't going to make your delivery system perform any better except maybe the final couple puffs of a dying battery..

xxbodkinxx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2013
Texas
On my vamo that would literally save me 1( one)(uno) off puff before my battery dies.

I'm sure the vamo does. I was comparing my twist to a good mod. (Vamo,zmax,provari, etc) I'm not justifying provari vs other vv mods it was a comparison vs a twist. If I'm not happy with my purchase ill just sell it for near retail value and move on to the next thing.

xxbodkinxx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2013
Texas
It is. You need a better delivery system not a better overpriced battery. Unless you buy a no name VV battery that puts out significantly less/ more voltage than it is set to, than 4.0v is 4.0v. It's not going to suddenly make that atomizer you have wick liquid quicker to keep up with your vaping.
Wattage is better because it performs more consistently,a major feature that the $180 dollar provari is lacking, regardless of coil resistance. So no, getting a provari isn't going to make your delivery system perform any better except maybe the final couple puffs of a dying battery..

Question. What's the major difference between vv and vw? Honest question I'm still new to the mod game.

If your using a Twist then you haven't been changing out IMR 18350's all the time. I find it very annoying! The Vamo was my first mod and I use it in the shorty setup. I just found a nice alternative, an Itaste VV from Innokin with an 800 mah battery with pass thru. It even has a suggested voltage for whatever you have attached. Very small and elegant.........my new goto device.

EddieAdams

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
New York

EddieAdams

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
New York
If your using a Twist then you haven't been changing out IMR 18350's all the time. I find it very annoying! The Vamo was my first mod and I use it in the shorty setup. I just found a nice alternative, an Itaste VV from Innokin with an 800 mah battery with pass thru. It even has a suggested voltage for whatever you have attached. Very small and elegant.........my new goto device.

Being linked to a wire isn't? I just feel in the world of vaping the least of my issues is twisting a cap off and putting a new battery in... the 800s are tiny and carrying extras not really a big deal...
The only drawback to the vamo v2 ss is it's size in 18650 mode. It's the wattage and the kick that make it that size...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread