VAMO battery requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asatenaeth

Aug 4, 2012
Georgia
Hey all,

I have a new VAMO on the way from this site - vamo vivi nova starter kit

From what I can now discern from reading through the forums, the batteries look to be ICR, which is apparently a no-no for this mod. It is also coming with a mystery charger.

Could someone help a noob out and let me know if these batts and charger are going to be ok or if I need to go ahead and order some IMRs And a better charger?

Thanks!

*deleon517*

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2012
s. florida
my friend just got one yesterday and i was messing with it today.... threw my AW IMR 18650 in and it was perfect fitment. grab some AW IMR 18650's and a x-star wp2(i think thats the charger i have) and you will have what is considered the best battery and charger combo. also dont forget battery cases, they are really cheap and store your batteries safely when not in use.

Iusedtoanalog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2011
Pennsylvania
Hi Asateneth. As far as the batteries are concerned, you are probably best to get yourself a new set of better batteries, as well as a charger. I am nearly certain that the vamo can use a single 18650 rather than the pair of 18350 like it includes on this site. I would eel much more comfortable with a single battery versus the inherent dangers of stacking a pair of batteriies in a metal tube mod(especially since its a rather inexpensive unit) without any real venting or other built in safety measures. Take a trip over to the VVmodel or VWmodel section and snoop around over there. They will have better(more hands-on) info for you specific to the batteries and charger this includes.

Most of these mods that include batteries and chargers are just bare-bones functional pieces, to get you started. I have purchased many batteries and chargers from RTD Vapor and have always gotten first class service as well as products. I would suggest the xtar sp2 charger and a few of the aw imr18650 batteries for this specific mod. If you have any other questions we will be around, just ask away. Good Luck. Happy Vaping.

Iusedtoanalog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2011
Pennsylvania
I wouldn't think the site would provide batteries in the kit that could not be used.

Most kits like the one in question are put together by the vendor, rather than the manufactrer, you typically get the most basic(read most questionable/ cheapest) marginally functional equipment available. They include the 18350 batteries with this(I believe) so that you can use it in short mode to get started, some people are stacking the pair of 18350s after adding the included extension, which in a metal sealed tube is generally reguarded as a really poor error of judgement.

Oh also Asat, the I would bet you tomorrows lunch that the Vivi nova included with this is not a genuine vision vivi, which may or may not be a good thing. I have gotten some(2) vivi knock offs that where fine, but I have gotten two that where just the worst performing Ce style pieces and I threw them straight into the trash can. So If you have a Vivi and like it, keep it around until you know more about what is included with this kit.

Last edited:

whatsat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2012
NC
I am using a couple of IMR 18650s and an $8 charger that I got from Madvapes.com. They have been working great in my Vamo. Been using the charger for about 6 months now and it's great. The batteries are lasting me about a day and a half. Thinking of picking up a couple of 18350s now to use in the shorter config so that the Vamo is a little more pocket friendly. Never had a problem with a battery from Madvapes.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand

Rodderik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2010
Georgia, USA
i got 2 Panasonic Hybrid/IMR CGR18650CH Button Top and no rattle at all (except the buttons)
i also got 2 Efest IMR 18350 Flat Top but haven't tried them out yet...having a problem getting the battery cap on in short mode due to the threads and not the batteries

and i'm waiting on XTAR WP6 II since the trustfire TR-003P4 was DoA for me. rtd has very good service and super fast shipping.

my vamo and vivi novas i got from healthcabin in 4 days.

hope that helps in getting you setup right

Last edited:

Duckbitesman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2012
Moore Oklahoma
i also got 2 Efest IMR 18350 Flat Top but haven't tried them out yet...

the 18350 config works great, but the panasonic and sanyo cgr were the only batteries i had that would not rattle and **sometimes** stop the device from firing or it would break connection and turn off rarely. the standard Efest 18650 2000 mAh were the most rattly of all mine, the hybrid CGR batts fit super snugly. stretching the safety spring in the bottom cap helped alleviate a great deal of rattle but it is still there...

TL;DR - if you got the cash, get hybrid CGR's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread