what about weight gain???

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmomom

Aug 1, 2012
Georgia
Years and years ago I got 'hypnotized' to quit smoking. I lasted 3 months. Aside from having cravings, I gained like 12 pounds. I really wasn't eating all that much more either. I owned/operated and did most of the classes at a Fitness Center so didn't eat much at all during the day since I was exercising. I was doing extra cardio plus my classes and had a gut on my like I was 3 months prego .... so I finally said, that's it .... back to the butts!! Now my husband is thrilled with this, but I told him if I start gaining weight all bets are off! I'm working out ... well, normally, last week I couldn't due to a small surgery done, but started back slowly this week, actually not until Wednesday. Plan to get back to normal next week. BUT ... I've noticed a pound and a half weight gain this week .... I'm HOPING it's just that it was my b-day over the weekend .... and we had ALOT to eat, plus ice cream cake and I wasn't as normally active. Anyone else have a weight gain issue???!!:)

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
When I first began vaping a slight weight gain but now have lost about 10 lbs because as part of my lifestyle change have been active once again in sports that I enjoy....actually now doing activities that my lungs couldn't handle in the past and although not much weight loss from head to toe muscle tone has improved drastically.

weisner

ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2012
Costa Mesa, CA
i have noticed that i get really hungry when i vape alot. its funny because i was just talking to my co-worker who also vapes about this subject on our lounch break. he too said that he gets hungry when he vapes alot.

You aren't necessarily hungry in my opinion. You are thirsty from dehydration. It is pretty common to get mixed signals like that, many people when dehydrated feel hungry. Try having a cup or two of water 10 or 20 minutes before a meal it may help.

Fiamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
So Calif
I love sweets. Pie, cake, ice cream, brownies, cookies, waffles, pancakes, syrup. I battled constantly with my weight when SMOKING.

Now I vape mostly dessert flavors. I find I don't even want sweets to eat now. I can vape chocolate fudge brownies with whipped cream, and pecan cheesecake, strawberry shortcake, raspberry waffles. and so along in that vein. I have not gained a pound and I have been vaping for nearly a year and a half now. I vape at 4mg nic.

Funny thing is I found I don't really like coffee now that I've quit stinkies but I love to vape espresso ;) Go figure.

RichardV

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2012
The Golden Isles of Georgia, USA
Since starting vaping my energy levels have increased along with being able to get more oxygen in my system. I work and play longer and harder than I have in years.
As a result none of my clothes fit anymore, I have lost 12 pounds since March 1 2012.

EDIT: My piggy bank has also lost weight!
VAPE ON!!!:):vapor:

SpicyMcHaggis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
Hamilton Ohio
Ive lost a bunch of weight. Vaping dehydrates so i always have water next to me. And i vape sweet flavors so it cuts down on cravings! All i need now is potato chip flavored juice and im set! :p

This is the same for me. LOL at the potato chip juice, I've been telling my friends that if I find that juice I'll fall away to nothing!

mmomom

Aug 1, 2012
Georgia
Thanx everyone! That is all encouraging! So, it's gotta be all that birthday ice cream cake and not being able to exercise for a week. I'll be back on my regular routine of eating and exercising next week, so I'm doing the positive thought of "I'm gonna be just fine"!! Thanx!! Got my 'sampler pac' today .... so trying out different flavors .... sure beats Winston Ulta Lights!! LOL!!;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread